Hero Alam held for beating wife
Published: 12:52 PM, 7 March 2019
Police detained TV star Ashraful Alam alias Hero Alam on Wednesday night following a domestic violence case in which the victim is his wife, now admitted to hospital.
“Police detained Hero Alam from in front of the police station around 10:30 pm on the allegation,” said SM Badiuzzaman, officer-in-charge (OC) of Bogura Sadar Police Station.
Alam’s wife Sadia Aktar was admitted to hospital as a victim of domestic violence over a family feud in Arulia village of Sadar upazila on Tuesday.
According to the victim, Alam used to beat her frequently. Alam returned home from Dhaka on Monday night from Dhaka and after dinner, he was talking to another woman over the cell phone when Sadia obstructed him triggering the dispute.
At one point, Alam started beating Sadia and left her severely injured. She was admitted to Shaheed Ziaur Rahman Medical College and Hospital (SZMC).
“Alam’s father-in-law also beat him in response to the torture resulting in Alam filing a case with Bogura Police Station accusing five people including his father-in-law in this regard,” said Abdur Rahim, Sub-inspector (SI) of Bogura Police Station.
Meanwhile, Hero Alam denied all the allegations and said that he only slapped his wife three or four times and her injuries were not serious enough for admission to the hospital.
He alleged that his wife is “involved in the extra-marital affair and never listens to him which caused the dispute.”
Hero Alam also alleged that recently his in-laws family members demanded that he should hand over his cable operator’s business to his wife’s name which he declined to do.
- Srabanti in Gym, then what happen?
- Zareen Khan recalls facing casting couch
- BD to host SAFF Championship in Sept 2020
- 5 cops in remand held with Yaba
- 1st edition of Amputee football held in capital
- Scientists detect newborn black hole
- Yugi’s lime, a rural art
- Tips to protect your mobile bank
- Robert Mugabe: Liberator to brutal tyrant
- Sanjay Dutta in TV drama series!
- 7 Chinese warship patrolling Indian Ocean
- Motorcyclist killed in Bagerhat road crash
- US shows evidence of Iran’s involvement in Saudi oil attacks
- PM receives APJ Kalam Memorial Award
- 4 officials promoted to senior secretaries
- Zinc factory in remote village!
- Rohingya terrorist detained with pistol from Balukhali camp
- Saudi clears multiple Umrah fine
- AL withdraws candidature for Rangpur-3 by-polls
- ‘Viqarunnisa principal can’t join before 11:00 am on Tuesday’
- Does your cream contain vitamin C?
- HC orders judicial inquiry against Puthia OC
- PM orders to form separate police unit for Metro Rail
- Spicy Fish Kabab
- Idol makers passing busy days in Khulna
- Sunerah in short film
- Youth kills brother for 10 bucks
- Kishoreganj Manik murder: 10 get life term
- 3000 Bangladeshi may lose citizenship in Italy!
- BRTC does not need corrupt officials: Quader
- All News »
- Mahi’s 33 and Tisha’s 22
- Paris court finds Saudi princess guilty
- With one suicide every 40 seconds, WHO urges action
- ADB country director praises PM’s planned development initiatives
- Germany criticizes Netanyahu’s annexation plan
- Blanche Monnier spent 25 yrs locked up just for love
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Kristen Stewart reacts to Robert Pattinson’s Batman casting
- 18 yrs of 9/11, worst terrorist attack in history
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- Self-made billionaire Jack Ma, who was rejected from 30 jobs
- Myths and controversies of Taj Mahal
- 5yrs without Firoza Begum
- Saudi reduces Hajj-Umrah visa fee
- U-19 Asia Cup final: Bangladesh vs India Saturday
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- Mishu new face in Tigers` T20 squad
- Rastafari, a religion that developed against “Whites”
- ‘BNP’s many leaders are hired’
- Nan Madol: Ghost City on sea
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- Bribe-taking sub-registrar to be suspended
- Shakib prized Afghanistan
- Runa Laila for the 1st time in long music career
- White House: A monstrous residence
- Mystery reveals after query actress Shimla
- Taliban seizes more land after failed peace talks
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- ‘Rajhangsha’ to be inaugurated Saturday