Heavy to very heavy falls likely
Published: 02:00 PM, 11 July 2019 Updated: 05:53 PM, 11 July 2019
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
Bangladesh Meteorological Department (BMD) on Thursday predicted that most parts of the country is likely to experience light to moderate rain or thundershowers with moderately heavy to very heavy rainfall in the next 24 hours till 9 am tomorrow.
“Light to moderate rain or thundershowers accompanied by temporary gusty wind is likely to occur at most places over Rangpur, Mymensingh, Chattogram, Sylhet and Barishal divisions and at many places over Rajshahi, Dhaka and Khulna divisions with moderately heavy to very heavy falls at places over the country,” said a Met Office release issued this morning.
Besides, day and night temperature may remain nearly unchanged over the country during the period, said the release.
“Monsoon is active over Bangladesh and moderate over North Bay”, it said, adding that the axis of monsoon trough runs through Panjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, SubHimalayan West Bengal to Assam across the northern part of Bangladesh. One of its associated trough extends up to
The met office also predicted that the rainfall activity may decrease at the end period in the next 72 hours.
The highest temperature was recorded yesterday 35.0 degrees Celsius in Satkhira under Khulna division and today’s minimum temperature was 23.8 degrees Celsius at Netrokona under Mymensingh division.
The highest rainfall was recorded 165 mm in Sitakunda under Chattogram division.
The sun sets at 6.49 pm today and rises at 5.18 am tomorrow in the capital.
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- Ershad wasn`t just my brother but teacher: GM Quader
- Sadarghat building collapse: Father-Son`s body recovered
- Inzamam to step down as Pakistan chief selector
- Modeling early meteorite impacts on the moon
- Did Leonardo da Vinci have ADHD?
- ‘I am innocent’; claimed ex-OC Moazzem
- Kholi losing captaincy!
- 20 thou people victim in Patgram road collapse
- ICC breakes silence over overthrow controversy
- 100pc pass in Adamjee College
- PM urges PGR for highest professional sacrifice
- Saudi stops drone thrown by Yemeni rebels
- HSC examinee suicide crushed under train
- First child born in `Madina`
- ‘My Masud appointed as Police’
- Sadarghat building collapse: Father-Son missing
- Boys in GPA 5, girls ahead in pass rate
- Chattogram range`s best OC Jahidul Kabir
- Quatar WC qualifiers: Bangladesh in Group E
- Nusrat got ‘A’ grade but fail!
- Ex-Songazi OC Moazzem indicted
- Minni on 5-day remand
- Mosharraf Karim paired with Safa in ‘Dil Daan Kalachan’
- Fish production marks constant rise over last 5 yrs
- What actions taken against police failure; HC asked
- Now woman killed in Teknaf gunfight
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- Road link with Bandarban restores after 8-day
- 100 pc pass in 907 inst
- All News »
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- New Zealand knock India out of World Cup
- 24 killed in Papua New Guinea tribal massacres
- Happy Birthday Purnima
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- HM Ershad passes away
- Two siblings drown in Shariatpur pond
- ‘Cox’s Bazar losing ecological balance for Rohingyas’
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- NZ to face England in 12th ICC World Cup final
- Merkel says `very well` despite third shaking spell
- Ishana announced to leave media after getting married
- Queen Maxima and banking for the grassroots!
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- Six bodies found in Cox’s Bazar beach
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- UN to pay Bangladesh Tk 500 cr due
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- Rifat murder: Another one detained
- Rail link with Rajshahi snapped
- 5 things must need for securing modern network
- DU admission test in new method
- Barcelona sign Atletico Madrid forward Griezmann
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- 8 detained for ‘spreading rumor’ over Padma Bridge
- Flood situation worsened in Lalmonirhat
- Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque