Heavy rains likely by Tuesday morning
Published: 01:45 PM, 29 April 2018
Bangladesh Meteorological Department (BMD) on Sunday predicted heavy to very heavy rainfall over the country in 48 hours as of 10 am on Tuesday.
"Under the influence of severe thunderstorm activity heavy to heavy rainfall with gusty or squally wind is likely to occur over regions of Rajshahi, Rangpur, Dinajpur, Pabna, Bogura, Tangail, Mymensingh, Sylhet, Jashore, Kushtia, Faridpur, Madaripur, Khulna, Barishal, Patuakhali, Dhaka, Cumilla and Noakhali during the next 48 hrs commencing from 10 am today," a BMD official told BSS.
However, 50mm rainfall was recorded in the capital city in the morning until 9:30 am, he added.
In a weather forecast, it also said trough of westerly low lies over West Bengal and adjoining area. Seasonal low lies over South Bay.
Rain or thundershowers accompanied by temporary gusty or squally wind and lightning flashes is likely to occur at most places over Rangpur, Rajshahi, Dhaka, Mymensingh, Khulna and Sylhet divisions and at many places over Barisal and Chattogram divisions with heavy to very heavy falls at places and hails at isolated places over the country, the release added.
Another warning message of BMD said in association with rain or thundershowers with temporary west or northwesterly squally wind speeding 60-80 kph is likely to occur over the regions of Rajshahi, Pabna, Bogura, Tangail, Mymensingh, Jasshore, Kushtia, Faridpur, Madaripur, Dhaka, Cumilla, Noakhali and Sylhet wherein river ports shall hoist reverie warning signal number two.
Rain or thundershowers accompanied by the temporary west or northwesterly gusty or squally wind speeding 45-60 kph is likely to occur elsewhere over the country wherein river ports shall hoist cautionary signal number one, it said.
Day and night temperature may fall by 1-2 degree Celsius over the country in 24 hours as of 9 am tomorrow.
The maximum temperature was recorded 36.2 degrees Celsius yesterday at Jashore in Khulna division and today`s minimum temperature 19.6 degrees Celsius at Nikli in Dhaka division.
The sunsets at 6.26 pm today and rises at 5.25 am tomorrow in the capital city.
- AL local government nomination board meets today
- Video of principal’s dance in Hindi songs goes viral
- UPDF man shot dead in Rangamati
- Karnataka singer Sushmita commits suicide over dowry harassment
- Mid-air plane collision in Australia kills 4
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- Padma Bridge’s 25th span to be installed on Language Day
- Four-tier security measures at Shaheed Minar
- Bus-auto rickshaw crash killed 2 in Bogura
- Temperature likely to rise over country
- One more dies from coronavirus in Hong Kong
- Two drivers killed in bus-truck collision
- Worker killed in Rupganj gas cylinder blast
- PM declares “zero tolerance” against rapists
- Youth electrocuted in Noakhali
- 3 children among 4 dead in ‘horrific’ Australia car fire
- Man accused in multiple cases found dead
- India-Pakistan war could kill upto 12 crore people
- Youth having hyacinth, with video
- 90 percent of Syria`s territory now under military control: Russi
- 15 new coronavirus cases in S Korea, bringing total to 46
- Two robbers killed in gunfight in Magura
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- Gold price hiked again
- Child electrocuted in Nandail
- 8 day-long book fair in Chandpur begins
- Country`s first tulip garden in Gazipur
- No fruits being imported from China: Minister
- Cosmetics worth Tk 50 lakhs destroyed
- All News »
- Corona patient shot dead in North Korea
- ‘Kache Ashar Oshomapto Golpo’ to be aired on 13 channels
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Young Tigers to receive ‘Water Salute’ at airport
- China’s coronavirus death toll jumps to 1,113
- Soumya to get married this month
- Soumya with future wife
- Heroes return home today
- PM opens Sheikh Kamal IT Centre in Rajshahi
- Coronovirus deaths surge past 1,300
- Saudi to invest $30bn in Bangladesh
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Fire at DR Tower in Naya Paltan
- Marriage at office on Valentine’s Day getting no leave
- Boat capsize in Rangamati: 5 killed, 3 missing
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- Coronavirus: Chinese hospitals discharge 4,740 recovered patients
- Good news to honey farmers
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- Valentine, Pahela Falgun celebration same day
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- Sundarbans Day today
- 6,723 coronavirus patients discharged after recovery
- Samsung unveils new foldable phone Galaxy Z Flip
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- South Africa faces England in 1st T20 today
- What Srijit told about Tahsan
- Death toll in China surges past 1,500
- Integrated admission test for all public universities from now
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh