Heavy rains likely by Tuesday morning
Published: 01:45 PM, 29 April 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Bangladesh Meteorological Department (BMD) on Sunday predicted heavy to very heavy rainfall over the country in 48 hours as of 10 am on Tuesday.
"Under the influence of severe thunderstorm activity heavy to heavy rainfall with gusty or squally wind is likely to occur over regions of Rajshahi, Rangpur, Dinajpur, Pabna, Bogura, Tangail, Mymensingh, Sylhet, Jashore, Kushtia, Faridpur, Madaripur, Khulna, Barishal, Patuakhali, Dhaka, Cumilla and Noakhali during the next 48 hrs commencing from 10 am today," a BMD official told BSS.
However, 50mm rainfall was recorded in the capital city in the morning until 9:30 am, he added.
In a weather forecast, it also said trough of westerly low lies over West Bengal and adjoining area. Seasonal low lies over South Bay.
Rain or thundershowers accompanied by temporary gusty or squally wind and lightning flashes is likely to occur at most places over Rangpur, Rajshahi, Dhaka, Mymensingh, Khulna and Sylhet divisions and at many places over Barisal and Chattogram divisions with heavy to very heavy falls at places and hails at isolated places over the country, the release added.
Another warning message of BMD said in association with rain or thundershowers with temporary west or northwesterly squally wind speeding 60-80 kph is likely to occur over the regions of Rajshahi, Pabna, Bogura, Tangail, Mymensingh, Jasshore, Kushtia, Faridpur, Madaripur, Dhaka, Cumilla, Noakhali and Sylhet wherein river ports shall hoist reverie warning signal number two.
Rain or thundershowers accompanied by the temporary west or northwesterly gusty or squally wind speeding 45-60 kph is likely to occur elsewhere over the country wherein river ports shall hoist cautionary signal number one, it said.
Day and night temperature may fall by 1-2 degree Celsius over the country in 24 hours as of 9 am tomorrow.
The maximum temperature was recorded 36.2 degrees Celsius yesterday at Jashore in Khulna division and today`s minimum temperature 19.6 degrees Celsius at Nikli in Dhaka division.
The sunsets at 6.26 pm today and rises at 5.25 am tomorrow in the capital city.
- Mushfiqur`s ton in vain as Bangladesh lost to Australia
- Study ties unhealthy gums to liver cancer risk
- PM urges int’l bodies to help rehabilitate Rohingyas in Myanmar
- Tamim falls after score fifty
- Court orders to freeze DIG Mizan’s wealth
- Teenager stabbed in capital`s Kadamtali
- Bangladesh loses Soumya early
- Signal 3 for maritime ports
- Australia set Bangladesh 382 to win
- Nusrat murder: charges formed, testimonies Jun 27
- Get driving license after eye and dope test: HC
- Rohingya wants to return after ensuring recognition
- Warner hits ton, Australia heading for big total
- Novoair increases flights to Jashore
- US confirms drone was shot down by Iranian missile
- Soumya makes brekthough for Bangladesh
- National Vitamin ‘A’ plus campaign on June 22
- Rohingyas’ ardor to return home on refugee day
- Prisoner dies in Kashimpur jail
- ‘Dhaka Attack’s villain Taskeen got married
- Rana`s bail stay till July 1
- Provide Tk 50 within 2 months to Rajib’s family: HC
- Take development schemes protecting environment: PM
- 9 to die for killing C’nawabganj Jubo League leader
- Rain, thundershowers likely to continue
- Australia to bat first against Bangladesh
- UN praises Bangladesh peacekeepers
- ‘Refugee Day’ observed with 1.1m Rohingyas burden
- Google Doodle celebrates Sufia Kamal’s birth anniv
- Birth anniversary of poet Sufia Kamal today
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- BGB man killed by lightning strike
- Tigers won toss, bowl first
- England wins beating Windies
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- Probe report submission deferred again
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held
- Gayle falls for duck!
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- None can escape creating sabotage: HM
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20
- Australia won by 87 runs
- Caribbeans set 322-run target for Tigers
- Facing measles outbreaks, NY bans religious vaccination exemption
- England beat Afghanistan by 150 runs
- Most-detailed-ever; black hole mystery disclosure
- Bangladesh informs UN about Myanmar’s non-cooperation
- Suspect pleads not guilty to all 92 charges
- RAB revealed mystery of Sensational Shakib murder
- Public exam pass marks 40, no GPA 5