Heaven of Humayun
Published: 10:40 PM, 28 July 2019
It is a place of peace, a large green field in the village and about 250 types of trees all around. An oval-shaped swimming pool also remains there. The most attractive thing is the sculpture of the little mermaid existing in a water preserver. Sculptures of a monster and dinosaur are also over there. There is a small island with sitting arrangement in the middle of the lake. Besides, there are three bungalows with shalban, orchid garden. In such a place day after day can be spent without any monotony.
Yes, these are the scenario of Nuhash Palli, which was like paradise to Word Magician Humayun Ahmed. Visiting the place you can feel it. Maximum of the roads of Piruzali Village of Gazipur are covered by dense Shalbon forest. After passing 25 km way through light and shadow you will reach Nuhash Palli. The place founded on 22 Bighas of land in 1997 has extended into about 40 Bighas at present. Actor Dr. Ejaj had helped to buy this extended land.
The place was named after Nuhash, one and only son of Humayun Ahmed and his first wife Gultekin Khan.
Humayun Ahmed passed a lot of time by walking in Nuhash Palli. Here he could feel the nature so closely. In the northern side of the place, there is a bridge. In the middle of the pond tent was made on the artificial island. The first daughter of Humayun Ahmed and Meher Afroz Shawon was died before coming in the light of the world. Humayun Ahmed named her ‘Lilabati’. The pond also named after her.
Green field of the Palli, water of Lilabati, herb garden, Shade of Tamarisk tree, writing table, favorite photographs hanging on the wall all remained the same. But Humayun Ahmed is missed today.
Still there you found the bust sculpture of Humayun Ahmed, his cemetery, stoned mermaid at Sharobar, sculpture of prehistoric animals, swimming pool- where Sunil Gangopadhyay and Humayun Ahmed swam together, replica of chess key, tea house, and various eye-catching things. Including ‘Bhut Bilash’, ‘Brishty Bilash’, there are total three bungalows in the Palli.
You can pay homage to Humayun Ahmed's grave by passing through the narrow road that goes a little left, without entering the Nuhas Ralli.
You should know:
If you want to go Nuhash Palli, get on Shamrat Line, Rajdut Paribahan or Down Town bus from Mohakhali. Then leave the bus at Hotapara and move to Nuhash Palli from there by CNG run auto-rickshaw or Leguna.
Saiful Islam, the Manager of Nuhash Palli said, from April to November, Nuhash Palli kept open every day for all visitors. A person over 12yrs old need to have a ticket of Tk 200. From November to March it is to rent for the picnic. A group consisting of 300 members can be accommodated per day for picnic. On government holiday it will cost Tk 60,000 and other days it will Tk 50,000. But for the educational institutes, on government holiday, it will be Tk 50,000 and Tk 40,000 on other days.
- S Korea`s young men are fighting against feminism
- Hong Kong protesters trash subway station, stage mall rally
- 19 arrested from 3 Spa centers at Gulshan-1
- Nasima Begum appointed NHRC Chairman
- Houthi rebels in Yemen say they will stop attacks on Saudi Arabia
- 5 JMB men sentenced 12 yrs jail for Khilkhet bomb attack
- 16 years friendship or something!
- U-19 cricket team leaves for NZ Monday
- Couple becomes millionaire by cheating
- Live crocodile in pond!
- Twin Town: An unsolved mystery of India
- Daughter demands info on Mehbooba Mufti’s arrest
- Huge Typhoon Tapah threatens Japan, South Korea
- Bangabandhu Gold Cup Football held in Gaibandha
- India opt to bat in 3rd T20
- Stem cells to repair brain
- Stay out of Gulf; Iran warns
- Alia Bhatt to play lead in Sanjay Leela Bhansali`s Gangubai!
- Gaur Nagar: The capital of early Bengal
- Casino gadgets recovered from 4 clubs in Motijheel
- Online products sellers to pay VAT: NBR
- College student killed for ransom
- ACC: Govt officials held in Dinajpur
- BUP Film Fest-2019 begins Monday
- Rashid Khan uncertain for tri-series final
- JU `A` unit admission tests held
- How can you make your feet pretty?
- Bandit jumps into river gripping woman
- Charge sheet against Minni fabricated: Lawyer
- Foreign liquor recovered in Padma!
- All News »
- RAB’s drive: Jubo League leader GK Shamim detains
- PM to receive two more int’l awards
- Codex Gigas: The Devil’s Bible
- 142 held over police raid in capital`s Young Men’s club casino
- RAB sealed `Golden Dhaka Bangladesh` casino
- Fire breaks out at Shwapno Super Shop in Banani
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Juba League leader Khaled arrested
- White House: A monstrous residence
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test today
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects
- Lalbagh Fort: Secret Tunnels and historical mysteries
- Chikon Kala: Jungle of insatiable demons
- Bakarkhani, symbol of an ‘immortal love’ story
- Pygmy: The forest lovers
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test Friday
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test begins
- PM to receive ‘Dr Kalam Smriti Int’l Excellence Awards ‘19’
- Nargis Fakhri coming to Dhaka
- Shakib Khan’s talk on Salman Shah’s birthday celebration
- Salman Shah’s weeklong birthday celebration
- Robert Mugabe: Liberator to brutal tyrant
- Puja Cherry got married!
- ‘Chapati Tuhin’ killed in Narayanganj gunfight
- Mysterious dragon of Boga Lake
- 7 Chinese warship patrolling Indian Ocean
- Lukla: World`s most dangerous airport
- Srabanti in Gym, then what happen?
- US plan to explode moon with NUC bombing