Heatwave likely to continue next 24 hrs
Published: 01:10 PM, 29 March 2020
Bangladesh Meteorological Department on Saturday predicted that a mild heat wave is sweeping over many places and it likely to continue in the next 24 hours commencing at 9:00 am today.
“Mild heat wave is sweeping over Barishal Division and the regions of Faridpur, Madaripur, Gopalgonj, Rangamati, Chandpur, Noakhali, Feni, Hatiya, Khulna, Bagerhat, Jashore and Chuadanga, and it may continue,” said a Met Office bulletin issued this morning.
The Met Office also forecasted that weather may remain dry with the temporary partly cloudy sky over the country during the period.
Day temperature may remain nearly unchanged and night temperature may fall slightly over the country, the bulletin added.
The maximum temperature was recorded yesterday 37.5 degrees Celsius in Chandpur of Chattogram Division, while today’s minimum temperature was 17.9 degree Celsius in Tetulia of Rangpur Division.
The sunsets at 6:14 pm today and rises at 5:53 am tomorrow in the capital.
- COVID-19: More than 9,000 recovered in country
- How to fight COVID-19 after May 30?
- Virtual Court: 20,937 bail order in 10 days
- Couple executed for violating quarantine in North Korea
- One-third COVID-19 recovered cops back to work
- Domestic flights from Jun 1: State Minister
- Bangabandhu Safari Park returns to life
- 5 policemen including OC contract COVID-19
- 23 fresh coronavirus cases recorded in Noakhali
- Warehouse official detained with 17 tons rice in Bogura
- Google`s new feature for handwriting softcopy
- 23 die, highest infection recorded in last 24 hrs
- La Liga season would have ended if Real Madrid were top!
- World records 116,000 coronavirus cases in one day
- Rain likely to continue for 3 more days
- 27 more infected with COVID-19 in Barishal division
- International Day of UN Peacekeepers today
- Newborn contracts coronavirus in Chattogram
- Trump signs executive order targeting social media
- Two brothers killed in Naogaon`s truck accident
- 5 doctors tested coronavirus positive in CoMCH
- 26 more contracted coronavirus in Faridpur
- Plasma Therapy: Experimental treatment begins in Khulna
- Riyad apologizes to all
- Trader’s mysterious death; hanging body recovered
- Take a view of heart disease symptoms to avoid risk
- No COVID-19 test in BITID for 3 days
- Happy birthday ‘Legendary Actor’ Humayun Faridi
- Mahathir expelled from party
- France further eases lockdown
- All News »
- Pak model Zara Abid feared dead in plane crash
- Noble got married for 3rd time seven months ago!
- 1694 infected in 24hrs, 24 more dead
- Death toll in Pakistan plane crash hits 66
- Thousands offer Eid prayers in knee-deep water
- 1532 new infected in 24 hrs, 28 die
- Dhaka’s air quality good today
- Three killed as microbus falls into Munshiganj ditch
- Popular model dead in Pakistan plane crash
- Noble faces RAB interrogation
- PIA flight with 98 passengers crashes in Pakistan
- Apurba and Tisha ‘Missing’
- Highest 1,975 COVID-19 cases in a day, 21 die
- Fire at United Hospital: 5 COVID-19 patients die
- Shokh herself reveals mystery of 2nd marriage?
- 20 die in 24 hrs, 1873 new infected
- Offices resume from May 31
- 22 die, 1541 infected in last 24 hours
- Japanese wrestler Hana Kimura dies
- Khashoggi’s sons forgive their father’s killers
- Coronavirus cases in country exceed 30,000
- Saudi among 3 countries announces Eid-ul-Fitr on Sunday
- It was a horrible night: Rukmini
- Over 2000 infected in 24 hours, 15 dead
- Coronavirus death toll rises to 342,396 globally
- Wuhan lab had three live bat coronaviruses
- Power bill deadline extended
- Statue in the name of Allah-Muhammad (PBUH)
- What to do if you miss the Eid prayer
- Eid-ul-Fitr to be celebrated tomorrow