Heat wave may abate some places
Published: 12:27 PM, 25 June 2019 Updated: 04:17 PM, 25 June 2019
Bangladesh Meteorological Department on Tuesday predicted that a mild heat wave is sweeping over Rajshahi and Sylhet divisions and the regions of Rangpur, Dinajpur, Tangail, Mymensingh, Sayedpur, Khulna, Jashore, Kushtia, Barishal, Patuakhali, Dhaka, Faridpur, Madaripur and Noakhali and it may abate from some places in next 24 hours commencing at 9:00 am today.
The Met Office also forecasted that rain or thundershowers accompanied by temporary gusty wind is likely to occur at a few places over the country during the period.
“Light to moderate rain or thundershowers accompanied by temporary gusty wind is likely to occur at a few places over Rangpur and Sylhet divisions and at one or two places over Rajshahi, Mymensingh, Dhaka, Khulna, Barishal and Chattogram divisions with moderately heavy falls over northern part of the country,” said a Met Office release issued this morning.
Meanwhile, day and night temperature may fall slightly over the northern part and it may remain nearly unchanged elsewhere over the country.
The country's maximum temperature on Tuesday was recorded 38.0 degrees Celsius in Jashore in Rangpur division while today’s minimum temperature was 26.3 degrees Celsius at Teknaf in Chattogram division.
The sun sets at 6:50 pm today and rises at 5:13 am tomorrow in the capital.
- Third prime accused Rishan Farazi held
- Hearing on writ challenges rickshaw ban today
- Writ filed seeking compensation of Tk 1cr for victim
- PM inaugurates ‘National Fisheries Week-2019’
- Water level of Jamuna rises, 50 villages flooded
- Elon Musk wants to merge human brains with AI
- New EvilGnome Backdoor Spies on Linux Users, Steals Their Files
- Message in a bottle written 50 yrs ago found in Australia
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- Ershad wasn`t just my brother but teacher: GM Quader
- Old Dhaka building collapse: Father-Son’s bodies recovered
- Inzamam to step down as Pakistan chief selector
- Modeling early meteorite impacts on the moon
- Did Leonardo da Vinci have ADHD?
- ‘I am innocent’; claimed ex-OC Moazzem
- Kholi losing captaincy!
- 20 thou people victim in Patgram road collapse
- ICC breakes silence over overthrow controversy
- 100pc pass in Adamjee College
- PM urges PGR for highest professional sacrifice
- Saudi stops drone thrown by Yemeni rebels
- HSC examinee suicide crushed under train
- First child born in `Madina`
- ‘My Masud appointed as Police’
- Sadarghat building collapse: Father-Son missing
- Boys in GPA 5, girls ahead in pass rate
- Chattogram range`s best OC Jahidul Kabir
- Quatar WC qualifiers: Bangladesh in Group E
- Nusrat got ‘A’ grade but fail!
- Ex-Songazi OC Moazzem indicted
- All News »
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Happy Birthday Purnima
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- HM Ershad passes away
- Two siblings drown in Shariatpur pond
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Ishana announced to leave media after getting married
- NZ to face England in 12th ICC World Cup final
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Queen Maxima and banking for the grassroots!
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- Rifat murder: Another one detained
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- Rail link with Rajshahi snapped
- Barcelona sign Atletico Madrid forward Griezmann
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- 8 detained for ‘spreading rumor’ over Padma Bridge
- Flood situation worsened in Lalmonirhat
- Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque
- Senior sports journalist Ajay Barua dies
- Mango-laden truck falls into ditch, kills 2
- Torrential rain marooned 30,000 people in Bandarban
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Drug trader killed in Teknaf gunfight
- England face Australia in high-voltage semis today
- Bangladesh makes significant stride in poverty reduction: UN