Heat wave may abate in next 24 hrs
Published: 12:43 PM, 6 August 2019
A mild heat wave is sweeping over Rajshahi and Sylhet divisions and the regions of Dhaka, Tangail, Faridpur, Mymensingh, Sitakunda, M.court, Cumilla, Feni, Hatiya, Rangpur, Dinajpur, Jashore, Kusthia, Satkhira and Bhola. It may abate from some places in the next 24 hours as of 9:00 am tomorrow, said a Met Office release issued on Tuesday.
The Met Office also forecasted that many places over the country are likely to experience light to moderate rain or thundershowers with moderately heavy to heavy falls during the period.
"Light to moderate rain or thundershowers accompanied by temporary gusty wind is likely to occur at a few places over Khulna, Barishal, Chattogram, Rangpur and Sylhet divisions and at one or two places over Rajshahi, Dhaka and Mymensingh divisions with moderately heavy falls at places over the country," according to the release.
Besides, day and night temperature may fall slightly over the country during the period, it added.
Meanwhile, the Met Office predicted that "Rain activity may increase" in the next 72 hours.
The highest temperature was recorded yesterday 37.0 degrees Celsius in Feni and today’s minimum temperature is 25.5 degrees Celsius in Teknaf. The highest rainfall for the last 24 hours till 6 pm today was recorded 32 mm in Cumilla.
The sunsets at 6:39 pm today and rises at 5:30 am tomorrow in the capital.
- Tohura star as Bangladesh draw 2-2 with Australia
- ‘Alpha’ to represent Bangladesh in Oscar
- VC Nasir’s one-day tea bill Tk 40,000!
- Fishers’ pleasure of repay dues
- Nusrat murder accused Moni gave birth in prison
- Bangladesh take on Yemen in AFC U-16 Championship tomorrow
- Milan Fashion: J-Lo struts updated jungle dress at Versace
- Dananjaya suspended for illegal action
- Simeone - `I`m not interested` in Griezmann reports
- Housewife dies of dengue in Barishal
- £6bn UK aid for Bangladesh, other climate victim countries
- KCC to get modern slaughterhouse soon
- Pea-flour to prevent dandruff-hair fall
- Huge asteroid narrowly missed Earth; NASA reveals
- Two cases filed against Firoz
- Anti-Sisi protests break out in Egypt
- Lalbagh Fort: Secret Tunnels and historical mysteries
- Millions march against climate change
- US to send troops, equipment to Saudi Arabia
- BSMRSTU closed over student unrest
- Heat wave may abate from some places
- Zuckerberg nixes Trump’s idea of breaking up Facebook
- Madrasa student goes missing at tourist spot
- Ranu had several lovers, director leaked
- PM reaches Abu Dhabi
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test begins
- 448 settlers stormed Al-Aqsa Mosque last week
- Tigers face Afghans this evening
- 113 UK MPs criticized Israeli apartheid policy
- Bus hits standing truck, kills 4 including SI
- All News »
- PM to receive two more int’l awards
- RAB’s drive: Jubo League leader GK Shamim detains
- Codex Gigas: The Devil’s Bible
- 142 held over police raid in capital`s Young Men’s club casino
- RAB sealed `Golden Dhaka Bangladesh` casino
- Fire breaks out at Shwapno Super Shop in Banani
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Juba League leader Khaled arrested
- White House: A monstrous residence
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test today
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- Pygmy: The forest lovers
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- BD youth died in Malaysia, body can’t bring as address not found
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- PM to receive ‘Dr Kalam Smriti Int’l Excellence Awards ‘19’
- Young Tigers thrash India, target 107
- Salman Shah’s weeklong birthday celebration
- Robert Mugabe: Liberator to brutal tyrant
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test Friday
- Mysterious dragon of Boga Lake
- Nargis Fakhri coming to Dhaka
- 7 Chinese warship patrolling Indian Ocean
- ‘Chapati Tuhin’ killed in Narayanganj gunfight
- Puja Cherry got married!
- Lukla: World`s most dangerous airport
- Rain-floods claimed 5 lives in Spain