Heat wave likely to continue
Published: 01:06 PM, 30 March 2020
Bangladesh Meteorological Department (BMD) on Monday predicted that the ongoing mild heatwave is likely to continue over the country in the next 24 hours commencing at 9:00 am today.
“Mild heat wave is sweeping over the regions of Faridpur, Madaripur, Sitakunda and Rangamati, and it may continue,” said a met office bulletin issued this morning.
The Met Office also forecasted that weather may remain dry with the temporary partly cloudy sky over the country during the period.
Besides, day and night temperature may remain nearly unchanged over the country, the bulletin said.
As an outlook for the next 72 hours, it predicted: "Rain or thundershowers activity is likely."
The maximum temperature was recorded yesterday 37.5 degrees Celsius in Rangamati of Chattogram Division, while today’s minimum temperature was 16.4 degrees Celsius in Tetulia of Rangpur Division.
The sun sets at 6:14 pm today and rises at 5:52 am tomorrow in the capital.
- Gopalganj`s COVID-19 cases rise by 13 to 143
- BNP rotating in circle of negative politics amidst corona crisis
- Sri Lanka pacer held on drug charge
- 30 missing as boat sinks in Jamuna
- Noble got married for 3rd time seven months ago!
- Motijheel zone ADC Mithu infected with coronavirus
- 1,119 policemen recovery from coronavirus
- COVID-19 claims more than 348,000 lives globally
- 1166 new infected in 24 hrs, 21 die
- Rain likely to increase, signal 3 for maritime ports
- ‘Keyamat Theke Keyamat’ re-airs today
- Miss Universe NZ finalist Amber-Lee Friis found dead at home
- Envoy Group Chairman contracted COVID-19
- Sunbeams School founder Niloufer Manzur succumbs to COVID-19
- Deputy Speaker Fazle Rabbi’s wife dies at 67
- Another 22 infected with coronavirus in Tangail
- Woman gives childbirth at gate as hospital reluctant to admit her
- COVID-19 rapidly surging in Brazil
- Dhaka-returnee 9 months pregnant contracted COVID-19
- WHO suspends hydroxychloroquine’s trial for coronavirus treatment
- 5.1 quake hits Sylhet
- Maritime ports asked to keep hoisted signal 3
- Dr Zafrullah tests positive for coronavirus
- Earthquake of magnitude 5.5 jolts Manipur
- Bangladesh exports 6.5m PPE to US
- Coronavirus deaths toll top 347,000 globally
- Modi phones PM, extends Eid greetings
- President urges affluent to stand by poor
- Holy Eid-ul-Fitr celebrated across country
- Imam dies while offering Eid prayers
- All News »
- ‘Movement Pass’ will be required for movement
- Pak model Zara Abid feared dead in plane crash
- Track of cyclone ‘Amphan’ (Live)
- After ‘Amphan’, there will be ‘Cyclone Nisharga’
- Highest COVID-19 deaths, cases recorded in 24 hrs
- ‘Amphan’ closer to Bangladesh; Great Danger Signal No 10 issued
- 1694 infected in 24hrs, 24 more dead
- Great danger signal for Ctg-Cox’s Bazar too
- Death toll in Pakistan plane crash hits 66
- ‘Amphan’ likely to hit late night
- Super cyclone Amphan claims 9 lives
- 1251 new infected in 24hrs, 21 more dead
- PIA flight with 98 passengers crashes in Pakistan
- Cyclone Amphan: 5-10 foot tall tidal waves likely
- Popular model dead in Pakistan plane crash
- Cyclone Amphan: What Met Office say in special bulletin no 24
- ‘Amphan’ moves 165km towards Bangladesh in a night
- Super Cyclone ‘Amphan’ 700 km near to Bangladesh
- Amphan moving forwards with speed of 245 kmph
- Cyclone Amphan: Live updates
- 1617 new infected in 24hrs, 16 more dead
- Dhaka’s air quality good today
- Apurba and Tisha ‘Missing’
- 1532 new infected in 24 hrs, 28 die
- Trump calls WHO a puppet of China
- Cyclone Amphan: Great Danger Signal likely to be issued
- Uber Eats going to be closed in Bangladesh
- Online store “Facebook Shops” launched
- Nushrat wants to get married!
- Nearly 5000 recover from COVID-19 in country