Hearing on writ challenges rickshaw ban today
Published: 12:31 PM, 18 July 2019 Updated: 04:23 PM, 18 July 2019
The High Court is set to hold hearing a writ petition challenging Dhaka South City Corporation’s (DSCC) decision to make three streets of the capital off-limits to rickshaws on Thursday.
The hearing will be held by the High Court bench of Justice FRM Nazmul Ahsan and Justice KM Kamrul Kader.
On Wednesday, Advocate Aynunnahar Siddiqua filed the petition with the High Court. In the petition, the SC lawyer sought a stay order on the decision to make the streets off-limits to rickshaws and to know which transport the authorities have arranged for people alternative to rickshaws.
On July 3, a special committee led by DSCC Mayor Sayeed Khokon decided that three streets would be made off-limits to rickshaws to ease traffic congestion.
The restricted routes are Kuril to Sayedabad via Rampura and Khilgaon; Gabtoli to Azimpur via Asad Gate; and Science Laboratory intersection to Shahbagh intersection.
- Yarsagumba: World’s most expensive medicinal fungus
- We must capitalise on Smith absence: Root
- Modi complains to Boris over occupied Kashmir
- Abahani beat April 25 SC 4-3
- Russell surprised to see so many journalists!
- Two kid drowns in Jashore
- Bangladesh among top 10 fastest growing freelance market
- BIDA to create 24,000 new entrepreneurs in 2 yrs
- GP appoints Jens Becker as new CFO
- Tricks to avoid snatch your bags
- Fourth JS session to begin Sept 8
- Mamata Banerjee makes tea
- Record fires in Brazilian rainforest
- Johnson, Merkel to face off in first Brexit talks
- JS resumes Sept 8
- Myanmar army clashes with rebels leave 30 dead
- 21st Aug attacks by BNP: PM
- One more dies of dengue at DMCH
- Homemade delicious `Fish Meatball`
- Forgiveness: Virtue of prophet character
- DU increases registration time for 52nd convocation
- PM to induct ‘Gangchil’ tomorrow
- Mahbub Uz Zaman appointed Bangladesh Ambassador to China
- Bangladesh HP beats Sri Lanka
- Convict arrested in Companyganj
- Man killed mother-in-law
- Soil-friendly tools must deliver to farmer: AG Minister
- Saiful walked 31 days against rumors
- `Pacers need to focus more on fitness`
- 21st Aug: Drive from Bangabandhu Avenue to Sudha Sadan
- All News »
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- PM receives Modi’s invitation letter
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Sabbir invites PM to his wedding
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Medical admission test on Oct 4
- App launches to prevent dengue
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- Bollywood hot cake Sunny Leone now in Dhallywood
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- Apu Biswas comebacks
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- 63 Bangladeshi Hajj pilgrims died in Saudi Arabia
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future