Hearing on Grameenphone’s due Nov 24
Published: 03:47 PM, 18 November 2019
The Appellate Division of the Supreme Court on Monday has fixed November 24 for the hearing of the High Court ban on Tk 12,580 crore due of Grameenphone to Bangladesh Telecommunication Regulatory Commission (BTRC). The court has ruled that Grameenphone will not be able to mediate in any other forum during this period.
A bench comprising four judges of the Appellate Division headed by Chief Justice Syed Mahmood Hossain fixed the order.
Senior Advocate AM Amin Uddin and Barrister Sheikh Fazle Noor Taposh were in favor of Grameenphone in the court. Senior lawyers Mahbubey Alam and Khandaker Reza-E Rakib were the advocates for the BTRC.
Earlier, the hearing of November 14 was upheld for the hearing of November 18.
On October 17, a dual bench of the High Court comprising Justice AKM Abdul Hakim and Justice Fatema Najib imposed a two-month interim ban on the payment of Tk 12,580 crore to the BTRC from Grameenphone.
On April 2 this year, the BTRC wrote a letter to Grameenphone demanding Tk 12,580 crore in various sectors. Later, Grameenphone sued at the lower court regarding the letter. At the same time, the appeal was sought for a temporary restriction on the collection of money until the case was settled.
Later, on August 28, the lower court dismissed Grameenphone’s provisional ban. Grameenphone appealed to the High Court against the order.
- SpaceX delivers `mighty mice,` worms, robot to space station
- BBPL inaugurated with huge enthusiasm and fanfare
- Unidentified child killed in Capital train-crash
- Remove Mithila, Fahmi’s personal photos from online platforms: HC
- 431 IU ‘B’ unit seats remain vacant
- Dengue rules Lakmal out of Pakistan Tests
- BJSC-BUP Sangsad Pres Soumik, GS Kona
- Iran says new budget bucks US oil embargo, uses Russian loan
- Cleansing operation must succeed
- Bangladesh create history securing 14 golds
- 2 killed in Jhenaidah
- Application for admission begins in SAU
- Bangladesh out of title race
- NBR Chairman hopes for 20pc revenue growth
- ‘E-TIN holders to be forced for return submission’
- Ten cattle stolen in one night
- Mahmudullah doubtful in BBPL opener
- BPL inaugural ceremony kicks off
- WI opt to bowl against India
- PM distributes National Film Awards
- Motorcyclist killed in Dinajpur road crash
- Drug dealer detained in Gazipur
- 40 arrested in anti-narcotic drive
- Nantie Hayward named as Sylhet Thunder’s bowling coach
- Tahsan marry to Shaon!
- Bangladesh U-23 team lost to Sri Lanka
- 20 killed in Syria air strikes
- Export trade closed for 6 hours at Benapole
- Lemon-tamarind pomfret fish fry
- Light to moderate fog likely
- All News »
- ‘Bangla’ recognized as 2nd official language in London
- Salman-Katrina arrive Dhaka
- Srijit-Mithila’s wedding today
- Three TV channels to broadcast BPL opening ceremony live
- VP Nur’s phone talks leaked
- Mithila’s name changed after wedding
- Mithila tie knot with Srijit
- 2 Jabale Nur drivers among 3 get life-term
- Messi bags Ballon d’Or for record sixth time
- ‘Bangabandhu Express’ to run from victory day
- UN chief says humanity’s ‘war against nature’ must stop
- BD scientist photo likely in UK currency soon
- Tahsan marry to Shaon!
- ‘Hotath Bristi’ actress June Malia gets married
- Trump calls Canada`s Trudeau `two-faced`
- Salman-Katrina to inebriate BPL stage
- COP25 island nation in `fight to death`
- Former England captain Bob Willis dies
- ‘Daughter in admissions scandal’ Olivia returns to YouTube
- Euro-2020: Match schedule
- Kushtia double murder case: 4 to die, 7 get life term
- Salman Khan sunken in Afghan beauty
- Flower blooms with Azan
- Mithila-Srijit’s honeymoon to Switzerland
- Shakib elected Player of the Year even after ban
- 3 of same family incl couple killed in Tangail road crash
- Ali Dacoit killed in Islampur gunfight
- Barca, Man United, Juventus to play tonight
- Biman ex-director and DGM detained
- Remittance inflow increases by 31.75pc in November