Health service off for 30 yrs
Published: 05:36 PM, 24 February 2019
The health and family welfare center of South Sreepur UP in Tahirpur under Sunamganj has been remaining closed for 30 years. There is no building there so that the service could be resumed.
In this, pregnant women, children and elderly people have to go Upazila Sadar or Dharmapasha Upazila Health Complex to get health services. Besides, the people of the water surrounded area have to face severe sufferings in the rainy season.
South Sreepur UP Health and Family Welfare Center was developed in 1960 for health care of all people of the 50 villages including people of Sreepur UP. Local people were deprived of medical services when the damage caused by floods in 1984 and 1988.
Ainul Haque, Rukan Mia, Mubasshir, of Pathabuka village said, that the health service is not available due to the closure of South Sreepur UP Health and Family Welfare Center. Especially pregnant women and children are suffering worse. Applications have been given several times to launch this health center again. But, no results found.
Tahirpur Upazila Health Complex Officer Iqbal Hossain said that due to the closure of the health care center, the residents were suffering from deprivation of the medical treatment.
Tahirpur upazila family planning officer-in-charge Sirajul Islam said that the South Sreepur UP health and family welfare center is closed due to lack of building. For the re-construction of the building, written requests to the authority have been given repeatedly.
Tahirpur Upazila Parishad Chairman Kamruzzaman Kamrul said, the health and family welfare center of South Sreepur UP has been remaining closed for 30 years. In this, local people are not getting government medical services. Proposals have been sent for building construction. The building will be approved soon.
- 9 hospitalized for drinking tea in Manikganj
- Govt decides to declare 2021 as Tourism Year
- Myanmar army plans trials for abuses on Rohingyas
- Farmer killed by cousin
- ‘Amar Bhaier Rokte Rangano’- sung by 17 countries’ students
- West Indies seal easy victory over Thailand
- Robber killed in Sylhet gunfight
- BD up 6 notches on global terrorism index
- Bangladesh ahead despite Ervine`s ton
- 4 killed as pickup van overturns in Tangail
- Tk 200 bank notes, gold and silver coins to be launched
- Thousands children pay floral tribute at wall-painted Shaheed Minar
- Thailand set 79 to win for West Indies
- Malaysian Human Resources Minister due in Dhaka today
- Natural ways to improve memory
- Youth killed in Manikganj road crash
- Thailand Women opt to bat
- Coronavirus: 35 infected identified in USA
- Rain likely in next 72 hours
- Chance to control is narrowing; says WHO
- Jisshu in love with Kangana!
- Sean Williams becomes father of baby girl
- Woman’s body found in Banana orchard
- 120 terrorists killed in Niger military operation
- Corona masks first wedding kiss
- Businessman slaughtered in Netrokona, another missing
- SME products fair begins in Magura
- Haaland named UCL ‘Player of the Week’
- Corone strikes Middle East, death toll surges
- Google bans nearly 600 apps from Play Store
- All News »
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Good news to honey farmers
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Death toll in China surges past 1,500
- Coronavirus infected more than 67,000 globally
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- Wuhan hospital chief dies of coronavirus
- Another Bangladeshi infected with coronavirus in Singapore
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- Dhaka-10 by-polls; Those who are in talks
- 14 children among 22 killed in Cameroon massacre
- Corona in Singapore: Another Bangladeshi identified
- Padma Bridge’s 25th span to be installed on Language Day
- BUET avoids combined admission test