Health service off for 30 yrs
Published: 05:36 PM, 24 February 2019
The health and family welfare center of South Sreepur UP in Tahirpur under Sunamganj has been remaining closed for 30 years. There is no building there so that the service could be resumed.
In this, pregnant women, children and elderly people have to go Upazila Sadar or Dharmapasha Upazila Health Complex to get health services. Besides, the people of the water surrounded area have to face severe sufferings in the rainy season.
South Sreepur UP Health and Family Welfare Center was developed in 1960 for health care of all people of the 50 villages including people of Sreepur UP. Local people were deprived of medical services when the damage caused by floods in 1984 and 1988.
Ainul Haque, Rukan Mia, Mubasshir, of Pathabuka village said, that the health service is not available due to the closure of South Sreepur UP Health and Family Welfare Center. Especially pregnant women and children are suffering worse. Applications have been given several times to launch this health center again. But, no results found.
Tahirpur Upazila Health Complex Officer Iqbal Hossain said that due to the closure of the health care center, the residents were suffering from deprivation of the medical treatment.
Tahirpur upazila family planning officer-in-charge Sirajul Islam said that the South Sreepur UP health and family welfare center is closed due to lack of building. For the re-construction of the building, written requests to the authority have been given repeatedly.
Tahirpur Upazila Parishad Chairman Kamruzzaman Kamrul said, the health and family welfare center of South Sreepur UP has been remaining closed for 30 years. In this, local people are not getting government medical services. Proposals have been sent for building construction. The building will be approved soon.
- PM reaches Abu Dhabi
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test begins
- 448 settlers stormed Al-Aqsa Mosque last week
- Tigers face Afghans this evening
- 113 UK MPs criticized Israeli apartheid policy
- 3 killed as bus hits standing truck
- Youth killed in Lakshmipur gunfight
- Ben Ali: The autocrat’s anomie lit-up Arab Spring
- Singer Aaron Carter raped by older sister
- Nusrat-Mimi dance for Durga Puja theme song
- Google to invest 3 bin euros in Europe
- Bangladesh pays hotel fare for Zim team
- Modi highly ambitious over India-US ties amid UNGA visit
- Polio outbreak in Philippines
- 24 Rohingyas detained in Ctg
- Operations will be conducted in Chattogram too: Minister
- BIMOX 2nd edition expo-2019 begins
- ICMAB holds talks on sustainability, global reporting initiatives
- Masakadza wins Zimbabwe in outing match
- 9 m babies born in unrest part of world last yr
- RAB surrounds 3 more clubs in city
- GK Shamim is none of Jubo League: Omar Farooq
- U-23 India series: Bangladesh lost to host by 34 runs
- PM leaves for NY to join UNGA
- Arjun Kapoor trolls Alia Bhatt
- Kalabagan Krira Chakra president Shafiqul detains
- Zim’s captain to farewell intl cricket
- Salman leaps with joy as Katrina sets IIFA 2019 stage on fire
- Why Srabanti suddenly in Dhaka?
- SBMC under teacher crisis
- All News »
- PM to receive two more int’l awards
- Codex Gigas: The Devil’s Bible
- RAB’s drive: Jubo League leader GK Shamim detains
- 142 held over police raid in capital`s Young Men’s club casino
- Fire breaks out at Shwapno Super Shop in Banani
- RAB sealed `Golden Dhaka Bangladesh` casino
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Juba League leader Khaled arrested
- White House: A monstrous residence
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test today
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- Pygmy: The forest lovers
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- BD youth died in Malaysia, body can’t bring as address not found
- Young Tigers thrash India, target 107
- PM to receive ‘Dr Kalam Smriti Int’l Excellence Awards ‘19’
- Salman Shah’s weeklong birthday celebration
- Robert Mugabe: Liberator to brutal tyrant
- Mysterious dragon of Boga Lake
- 7 Chinese warship patrolling Indian Ocean
- ‘Chapati Tuhin’ killed in Narayanganj gunfight
- Lukla: World`s most dangerous airport
- Srabanti in Gym, then what happen?
- Rain-floods claimed 5 lives in Spain
- US plan to explode moon with NUC bombing
- Nargis Fakhri coming to Dhaka