Hazard wants to be Chelsea 'legend'
Published: 08:35 PM, 27 December 2018 Updated: 08:35 PM, 27 December 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Eden Hazard says he wants to become a "Chelsea legend" after his two goals secured victory at Watford - and took him past 100 goals for the Blues.
Hazard, 27, became only the 10th player to reach that landmark when he collected Mateo Kovacic's pass, took the ball around goalkeeper Ben Foster and calmly finished in first-half injury time.
Chelsea's lead only lasted two minutes as Roberto Pereyra volleyed past Kepa Arrizabalaga from the edge of the 18-yard box to level.
But Hazard grabbed his second of the match - his 101st Chelsea goal in 322 appearances - in the second half when he converted a penalty after Foster had bundled him over.
Belgium forward has been repeatedly linked with a move to Real Madrid and in October said it was his "dream" to join the Spanish side, although two days after that he ruled out a move to the Bernabeu in the January transfer window.
"To score 101 goals with this amazing club is something I will never forget, but now the fans, staff and players want more," said Hazard, who helped Chelsea win the Premier League title in 2015 and 2017.
"I want to score more for this club and then try to be a legend like Frank Lampard, Didier Drogba and John Terry."
His goals took the Blues back up to fourth after they had dropped below Arsenal following the Gunners' 1-1 draw at Brighton earlier on Wednesday.
"Eden Hazard can play in every position," added Blues boss Maurizio Sarri. "He played very well with two goals and could have had two or three assists. He can play with team-mates very well."
- Girl commits suicide in Capital
- Bangladesh to be poverty free by 2030: Kamal
- Israel strikes Gaza after rocket hits house
- British MPs bid to take control over Brexit
- Nation observes one-minute `blackout`
- At least 18 dead as floods sweep Iran
- National anthem to be sung simultaneously nationwide tomorrow
- President visits Combined Military Hardware Display
- Fruits that burn fat like crazy
- Paleontologists report world`s biggest Tyrannosaurus rex
- Probe into case against Shahidul to remain halted
- JCD leader held over derogatory remarks on Liberation War
- ACC`s charge sheet accused 12 incl Sonali Bank GM
- BCB to sell jersey ahead of World Cup
- Argentina players don`t deserve to wear the shirt: Maradona
- DAE upbeat on bumper mango production
- DCCI urged Chinese investors
- Zidane starts operation Mbappe
- Chhagalnaiya upazila election stayed
- Savar National Memorial prepared for 26 Mar
- Mymensingh City Corp polls May 5
- 1.35m HSC examinee this yr
- Ducsu VP, AGS’ support over job entry age extn movt
- Abahani beat Mohammedan to stay top
- Case filed over SAU`s Wasim murder
- Avijit murder case shifted to ATT for trial
- Griffith appointed Australia bowling coach
- Kamal for amplify value of harmony
- Dipu Moni calls month long ‘Coaching’ shut
- Biogas brings a better life to rural women
- All News »
- Ex-JaPa leader Mohsen Rashid joins Gono Forum
- Registration of Shuprovat Paribahan bus cancelled
- Coal power stations disrupt rainfall: Global study
- Nationwide prog on Bangabandhu’s birth centenary
- 7 incl presiding officer shot dead in Rangamati
- Local AL leader shot dead in Rangamati
- Students again on road with ‘We want Justice’
- Indonesia floods, mudslides: death toll rises to 89
- Six dead, 30 injured in China chemical plant blast
- Mozambique cyclone: death toll over 400
- BUP student killed in Narda road crash, sparks protest
- AL leader stabbed dead in Sunamganj
- First Bangladeshi girl in UN`s Education Conference
- Monali’s Dhaka concert postponed
- Protest continues demanding justice for Abrar
- NZ PM vows never to say gunman`s name
- Bangladesh eliminated from AFC U-23 Championship
- Drug trader killed in Meherpur gunfight
- 2 Bangladeshi Christchurch victims’ burial completed
- Student killed in Sirajganj road crash, road blockade
- Rain with gusty wind likely
- All 50 victims of Christchurch attack identified: police
- Mustafiz gets hitched
- HC revokes bail of Subarnachar rape accused
- 3 killed as train hits motobike in Gopalganj
- Drive launches to arrest Rangamati separatists
- Colourful Career of the Chief of Army Staff of Bangladesh Army
- 2nd phase of polls in 116 UZs underway
- Obaidul Quader’s bypass surgery decision today
- Singer Shahnaj Rahmatullah dies