Hasina, Sharmin file nomination forms for Rangpur-6
Published: 10:16 PM, 27 November 2018 Updated: 10:28 PM, 27 November 2018
Both Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and Speaker of the Jatiya Sangsad Dr Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury on Tuesday submitted their nomination papers to contest the general election from Rangpur-6 (Pirganj).
Dr Shirin submitted two nomination papers -- one for Sheikh Hasina and another for herself- to assistant returning officer and Pirganj Upazila Nirbahi Officer TMA Momen around 12:30pm.
She first handed over Sheikh Hasina's nomination paper to the assistant returning officer.
After submission of the nomination papers, the Speaker said it is not her personal matter. "The party will decide who will contest the election from the constituency," she added.
Chairman of the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Public Administration Ministry HN Ashequr Rahman and Upazila chairman Nur Mohammad Mandal, Pirganj municipality mayor Tazimul Islam Shamim and acting president of Pirganj Upazila Awami League Azizur Rahman Ranga were present during submission of the nomination papers.
In 2014, Sheikh Hasina was elected from two constituencies --Rangpur-6 and Gopalganj-3-- in the January-5 parliamentary elections. But she vacated Rangpur-6 retaining Member of Parliament (MP) from Gopalganj-3.
Later, Speaker Dr Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury was elected MP in a by-election to Rangpur-6 (the parliamentary seat no-24).
- Australia bowled out for 250
- 231 students` result changes in review
- Protest for free elections in Russia
- Biman’s return Hajj flight lands in Dhaka
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- Quader alerts AL men to BNP-Jamaat conspiracies
- BCB announces prelim squad for AFG test, Tri-series
- App launches to prevent dengue
- Cop caught taking bribe day after getting best constable award
- Facebook adds Chakma as 2nd Bangladeshi language
- Fire breaks out Delhi hospital
- Masrafe asks BCB for two months to decide future
- 4 of a family burnt in Gazipur fire
- Rawhide sale suspended till Sunday
- Priyanka Chopra reveals Jonas’ bedroom secret
- 1460 dengue patients hospitalized in 24hrs
- Newlyweds die in road crash returning from honeymoon
- 6 buses fined for charging extra fare
- Soumitra transferred to cabin from ICU
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- Kid drowns in Shakhipur
- Smartphone for blood pressure detection
- First return Hajj flight arrives in Dhaka
- Mgst described severe suffering in govt hospital
- Russell Domingo appointed Tigers’ head coach
- Eight killed in Ukraine hotel fire
- No MoU, 2 FMs dialog only
- College student dies of dengue in Magura
- Temperature may rise slightly
- Husband arrested in triple talaq case
- All News »
- Shaykh Muhammad bin Hassan to recite Khutba at Hajj
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- Three movies to be released on Eid
- Heavy rain pours down on Hajj pilgrims at Arafat
- Karchi flood: Death toll rises to 11
- Rabeya opens her eyes, Rokeya still unconscious
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Holly Eid-ul-Azha tomorrow
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- 2m pilgrims gathered in Arafat
- 60pc animal waste of Capital disposed
- Holidaymakers suffer in train schedule catastrophe
- Man. City. Everton to play tonight
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- Removal of animal wastes almost completed: DSCC Mayor
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- PM visits conjoined twins Rabeya, Rukaya at CMH
- Keep environment clean to prevent dengue: President
- Last Hajj ritual heralds Eid Al-Azha
- Tailback, heat forced passengers becomes ill
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- 7 plays of Humayun to be aired on Eid
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC