Hasina, Sharmin file nomination forms for Rangpur-6
Published: 10:16 PM, 27 November 2018 Updated: 10:28 PM, 27 November 2018
Both Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and Speaker of the Jatiya Sangsad Dr Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury on Tuesday submitted their nomination papers to contest the general election from Rangpur-6 (Pirganj).
Dr Shirin submitted two nomination papers -- one for Sheikh Hasina and another for herself- to assistant returning officer and Pirganj Upazila Nirbahi Officer TMA Momen around 12:30pm.
She first handed over Sheikh Hasina's nomination paper to the assistant returning officer.
After submission of the nomination papers, the Speaker said it is not her personal matter. "The party will decide who will contest the election from the constituency," she added.
Chairman of the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Public Administration Ministry HN Ashequr Rahman and Upazila chairman Nur Mohammad Mandal, Pirganj municipality mayor Tazimul Islam Shamim and acting president of Pirganj Upazila Awami League Azizur Rahman Ranga were present during submission of the nomination papers.
In 2014, Sheikh Hasina was elected from two constituencies --Rangpur-6 and Gopalganj-3-- in the January-5 parliamentary elections. But she vacated Rangpur-6 retaining Member of Parliament (MP) from Gopalganj-3.
Later, Speaker Dr Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury was elected MP in a by-election to Rangpur-6 (the parliamentary seat no-24).
- Myanmar army kills 2 Rohingya pregnant women
- Humayun urges ThaiBev to jointly invest in Bangladesh
- Myanmar must abide by ICJ orders: Hasan
- Coronavirus can kill 65mn people!
- Valencia beat Setien`s Barcelona 2-0
- Atiqul to announce election manifesto tomorrow
- 1st Bangladeshi woman in US mainstream politics
- Stokes apologized but punished
- ‘Infrastructural developed schools are not good schools’
- PM for worthy citizens through sports
- Recruitment at Epyllion Group
- What thinks Domingo for losing series!
- Youths rich in tech knowledge are the future leader: Palak
- JMB men arrested in Khulna on 10-day remand
- Disabled child died after fallen from the roof
- Death toll climbs 22 in Turkish earthquake
- Rapists cheer on Facebook Live after rape in Gazipur
- Xi says China faces `grave situation` as virus toll hits 41
- Horse race held in Mithapukur
- Delta Airlines fined for dropping Muslim paxs
- Gambia Justice Minister praised Bangladesh
- 2 bakers fined TK 6 lakh Jhalokati
- Defendant mobbed over threatening plaintiff
- Election manifesto to be given highest priority
- Housewife killed over dowry dispute, 3 arrested
- Pakistan threats India over World Cup!
- Ranveer Singh denies sexism!
- 5 detained with 102 ltr liquor
- Bangladesh Embassy in China launches ‘hotline’ service
- No bricks in public works
- All News »
- Cox’s Bazar-St. Martin ship to be launched February
- Dhaka city elections deferred to Feb 1
- Jashore car accident kills 3 including 2 sisters
- 5,000 students get scholarship of Jahangir Alam Foundation
- China virus deaths rise to 17, heightening global alarm
- ICJ orders Myanmar to protect Rohingya, to preserve evidence
- Actress Ishrat Nishat passes away
- Coronavirus: Everything you need to know
- High levels of Uranium found in Cox’s Bazar
- Man suicides killing 4 in Maulvibazar: Story revealed
- Ijtema ends seeking global peace, unity
- Two siblings among 3 electrocuted in Hazaribagh
- Gabtoli turmoil after throwing eggs
- MP Abdul Mannan passes away
- Bride’s mother elopes with groom’s father
- Bangladesh enters e-Passport era
- Record: Trump tweets, retweets 125 times in a day
- Coronavirus: 11 under observation in India, Bangladesh on alert
- Bangladesh meet Burundi in semifinal today
- World court’s four orders against Myanmar
- Ronaldo makes accidental kiss to Dybala
- 5 held with marijuana in Sirajganj
- Top 5 batsmen in Bangabandhu BPL
- E-passport is a ‘Mujib Barsho’ gift for nation: PM
- E-passport to be launched today
- Court orders to publish ads asking SK Sinha, 10 others to appear
- Coronavirus death toll jumps to 25 with 830 cases: govt
- Harry, Meghan to give up royal titles
- SSC-equivalent exam rescheduled
- Over 100 killed in Yemen missile, drone attack