Hasan urges BNP not to do ‘ill politics’ over Khaleda’s health
Published: 05:04 PM, 26 May 2019
Information Minister Dr Hasan Mahmud today urged the BNP leaders not to do ‘ill politics’ over the health condition of their party chairperson Begum Khaleda Zia.
“The government is trying to provide the best possible treatment in the country to Khaleda Zia. But, she would be dissatisfied with the BNP leaders to know that her party leaders are doing ill politics over her health condition,” he said.
The information minister was speaking at a meeting with the leaders of Newspapers Association at the conference room of the ministry here.
Noting that the pain in one of Khaleda Zia’s legs is her old health problem, he said the BNP leaders are trying to mislead the people showing this problem as a new one.
“Khaleda Zia performed her duty as prime minister twice and as the leader of opposition bearing with the pain in her leg,” he added.
Hasan, also Awami League publicity and publication secretary, said a doctor, a nurse and a housemaid are taking care of Khaleda in jail round-the-clock.
“No one in South Asia get such facilities in jail. Despite that, the BNP leaders are telling lies,” he said.
About Dr Kamal Hossain’s call to build national unity keeping the government out, the AL leader said now there is no unity in Jatiya Oikyafront and its leaders started leaving the alliance.
Mentioning that the online media would be brought under the registration process and a broadcast act would be passed soon, the information minister said a broadcast policy was formulated aiming to increase the facilities of journalists.
Hasan said a bill for the broadcast act will be placed in the next budget session of the parliament.
State Minister for Information Dr Murad Hasan, Additional Secretary of the ministry Azharul Islam, Newspapers Association President Shah Jalal and its Secretary Kibria Chowdhury were, among others, present at the meeting.
- Humayun Ahmed alive through his speeches
- 13 human traffickers held in capital, Keraniganj
- Lilith’s trailer released
- Death toll hits 33 in Japan studio arson attack
- US sanctions on Myanmar not enough: UN
- Dengue check: DNCC skips holiday-leaves for two departs
- Truck overturned: Mother-son killed in Rohingya camp
- Rishan Farzi on five-day remand
- Expiry date, price must clear on drug: HC
- FaceApp occupies 15 crore subscribers’ gallery!
- Humanity for animal !
- Bangladeshis among 285 immigrants detained on Iran boarder
- A woman: Dancer to detective
- Humayun Ahmed`s 7th death anniv today
- Bernard topped Bill Gates on Rich List
- ICC debarred Zimbabwe
- PM flies to London
- Put Myanmar for Rohingya return; FM urges US
- PM flies to London tomorrow
- DC conference: Vast responsibility, directives
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- HC’s directive to dispose woman, child repression case in 180 day
- Navy got ‘National Fisheries Award’19 Gold medal
- Boat hats in Manikganj
- 8000 cattle ready for Qurbani market
- Shakib in Cricinfo’s XI; not Kohli
- Beauty of Tanguar Haor in Monsoon
- Illegal expats to return home paying TK 14 thou
- Two sisters drowned in Tangail
- UN chief concerns over Rohingya crisis
- All News »
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- HM Ershad passes away
- Two siblings drown in Shariatpur pond
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Ishana announced to leave media after getting married
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- 8 detained for ‘spreading rumor’ over Padma Bridge
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- Senior sports journalist Ajay Barua dies
- Barcelona sign Atletico Madrid forward Griezmann
- Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Torrential rain marooned 30,000 people in Bandarban
- Flood situation worsened in Lalmonirhat
- Stay alert to tackle flood: PM
- Accused stabbed dead by another in front of judge in court
- Bangladesh makes significant stride in poverty reduction: UN
- How to get HSC result
- Ershad’s body in Rangpur
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- Sohel Rana speechless on Ershad’s death