Happy Birthday ‘Playback Emperor’
Published: 04:55 PM, 4 November 2019
There is no need to introduce him again by many adjectives. Everyone knows him as a ‘Playback Emperor’, a legendary singer of Bengali songs. He is Andrew Kishore, one of the popular singers in Bangladesh who gifted us with many legendary songs. Today is his 64th birthday.
This year, Andrew Kishore is spending his times’ thousands of miles away from the country in the bed of the General Hospital in Singapore. Every day he spent his time without friends, relatives, and well-wishers.
The singer, who is suffering from cancer, has been undergoing treatment since September 11. His biopsy test was done on September 12. After checking all tests, the doctors said that his body had been diagnosed with cancer and ‘all 18 chemotherapy must be given’!
It is known that he stayed in the hospital cabin for a few days in a month in the Singapore General Hospital while he is taking chemotherapy and other days he is staying at Shahed Apartment in Singapore Wayne Road where his family members are staying with him.
All hopes for his recovery that Andrew Kishore will return to music again after finishing his treatment and chemotherapy. His fans and relatives believe that Andrew Kishore — a strong morale man — has the ability to come back. On his birthday, Andrew Kishore seeks the blessings of the countrymen.
Born in Rajshahi in 1955, Andrew Kishore grew up there and studied at Rajshahi University. The ‘Playback Emperor’ of Bengali songs has kept music lovers in ‘magic tune’ for more than four decades.
Andrew Kishore initially started his music lessons under Abdul Aziz Bachchu. After the Liberation War, he was enrolled in Rajshahi Betar in almost all genres including Nazrul, Rabindranath, Modern, Folk, and Patriotic.
Andrew Kishore started his playback journey in 1977 with the song ‘Achinpurer Rajkumari Nei Je Tar Kew’ composed by Alam khan of the movie ‘Mail Train’. His second recorded song ‘Dhum Dharakka’ of the movie ‘Emiler Goenda Bahini’ directed by Badal Rahman.
However, the audience heard his first song ‘Ek Chor Jai Chole’ of the movie ‘Pratigga’ directed by A J Mintu in 1979. The song became popular at that time.
His notable popular songs are – ‘Jiboner Golpo Ase Baki Alpo’, ‘Hayre Manush Rangin Fanush’, ‘Daak Diase Doyal Amare’, ‘Amar Sara Deho Kheyo Go Mati, ‘Amar Buker Moddhe Khane’, ‘Prithibir Joto Shukh Ami Tomar Choate Khuje Peyesi’, ‘Sobai Valobasha Chai’, ‘Beder Meye Josna Amay Kotha Diyese’, ‘Tumi Amar Jibon Ami Tomar Jibon’, ‘Valo Asi Valo Theko’, ‘Tumi Mor Jiboner Vabona’, ‘Chokh Je Moner Kotha Bole’, ‘Porena Choker Polok’ etc.
The legend of the Bangla song has won the National Film Award eight times.
- Man gets death penalty for killing wife
- 30 arrested in anti-narcotic drive
- Mobile court fined 4 institutions in Gurudaspur
- 43 Students received ‘Quran’ as gift
- 1000 Kg cocaine found floating in the sea
- Pooran banned for ball tampering
- Protest continue at JU demanding VC’s removal
- Israeli strikes kills 12 in Gaza
- No pressure to win keeps Tigers motivated
- Man held with 8 gold bars in Benapole
- Better logistics can help Bangladesh boost exports: WB
- PKSF ‘Development Fair’ begins tomorrow
- ‘Abrar murder trial will be in speedy trial’
- Shamim took responsibility of child Mahima
- Selim Pradhan placed on 7-day fresh remand
- Madhubala’s biopic to be screened
- Launch trapped in Char with 500 passengers rescued
- Man held with 13,420 yaba in Chattogram
- India’s SC disqualifies 17 revel MLAs
- Night temperature likely to fall
- PM opens seven more power plants
- 48 industrialists to get CIP cards
- Bolivian senator declares herself president
- 16 killed as car ditched in Kashmir
- UD filed over B’baria train crash
- New schedule for Tigers’ Pink-Ball Test
- Abrar murder: Chargesheet submitted against 25
- Woods to play upgraded Genesis Invitational
- Suicide bombing in Indonesia: 1 killed
- 7 killed in Afghanistan car bombing
- All News »
- Great danger signal 10 for Mongla, Payra ports
- Dhaka Int’l Folk Fest 19 registration begins
- Cyclone ‘Bulbul’ heads towards Bangladesh
- Tahsan’s realize after 7yrs
- Cyclone Bulbul: sea ports asked to hoist signal 7
- Monday’s JSC, JDC exams postponed
- “Bulbul" likely to cross Khulna this evening
- `Bulbul` crossing over Khulna coastal area
- Gunmen attack Thailand security post, kills 15
- 345 shelter centers open at Noakhali
- Bulbul weakens gradually
- Ram Mandir to be built in Babri Masjid’s land: Indian SC
- Ansar deployed in Bhola amid `Bulbul` scary
- Bulbul likely to cross Bangladesh Sunday morning
- Navy Contingents with 10 warships ready to deal with ‘Bulbul’
- Govt prepared to face ‘Bulbul’: Enamur
- Two dead, 150 homes lost in Australia bushfires
- Tomorrow’s JSC, JDC exams rescheduled
- Flight operations suspended at 4 airports
- Tureen Afroz removed from ICT
- Cyclone ‘Bulbul’: 10 injured after 7 houses collapsed in Bhola
- MP Moinuddin Khan Badal passes away
- Cyclone ‘Bulbul’ left behind Bubuli in Bagerhat
- Bulbul hits Kolkata, Kills 1
- Rohingyas threat to national, regional security: PM
- Losing voice was ‘darkest moment’ of my life: Shakira
- 9 districts that will come under signal 10
- Fatal train collision in B’baria kills 15
- Dreadful ‘Bulbul’ near Sundarbans
- China imposes `Gaming Curfew` for minors