Hajj cost in Bangladesh less than India: Minister
Published: 08:41 PM, 23 June 2019 Updated: 09:42 AM, 24 June 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
State Minister for Religious Affairs Advocate Sheikh Md. Abdullah has said that 'the Hajj expenditure of Bangladeshi Muslim is nearly twice than the amount of expenditure on the Muslims of India', is not correct. Rather, the Bangladeshi Hajj Pilgrims spend lass money in both government and private managenent than the neighboring country.
The minister said this in response to the query of MP Haji Mohammad Selim in the house chaired by the Speaker Dr. Shirin Sharmin Choudhury on Sunday afternoon.
The State Minister said, according to the information of the year 2018, the amount of Hajj passenger's expenditure on government management of our Indian Muslims was Rs 2,446,000 to 2,85000 depending regional variety, which amounted to Tk 3 lakh 45 thousand 841 in Bangladeshi currency. And hajj pilgrims in private management was cost Rs 4-5 lakhs in the neighboring country. In the same year, Hajj pilgrims cost of Bangladeshi Muslims was Tk 3 lakh 31 thousand 359 in government management-package B Category while Tk 3 lakh 97 thousand 929 was for package – A category and private management expenditure on that year was Tk 3 lakh 31 thousand 359 in Bangladesh.
Meanwhile, “We are trying to reduce the hajj pilgrims' expenditure here. As a result, in the year 2019, air fares reduced Tk 10,198 instead of increase, and it is kept fixed at Tk 1.8 lakh,” the minister added.
In response to the question of Muzaffer Hosein MP, Minister Advocate Sheikh Md Abdullah, said “Every year some of the Hajj pilgrim (aspirants) have to go back due to lack of air ticket, is not correct. Hence, all pilgrims registered in the year 2018 return to the country after performing Hajj successfully. However, due to such irregularities in 2017, disciplinary action has been taken against the Haj Agency concerned.”
On the other hand, replying to Mahfuzur Rahman's another query, the State Minister said that the work of establishing 560 model mosques and Islamic culture centers in every district and upazila of the country will be completed by 2020.
- Third prime accused Rishan Farazi held
- Hearing on writ challenges rickshaw ban today
- Writ filed seeking compensation of Tk 1cr for victim
- PM inaugurates ‘National Fisheries Week-2019’
- Water level of Jamuna rises, 50 villages flooded
- Elon Musk wants to merge human brains with AI
- New EvilGnome Backdoor Spies on Linux Users, Steals Their Files
- Message in a bottle written 50 yrs ago found in Australia
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- Ershad wasn`t just my brother but teacher: GM Quader
- Old Dhaka building collapse: Father-Son’s bodies recovered
- Inzamam to step down as Pakistan chief selector
- Modeling early meteorite impacts on the moon
- Did Leonardo da Vinci have ADHD?
- ‘I am innocent’; claimed ex-OC Moazzem
- Kholi losing captaincy!
- 20 thou people victim in Patgram road collapse
- ICC breakes silence over overthrow controversy
- 100pc pass in Adamjee College
- PM urges PGR for highest professional sacrifice
- Saudi stops drone thrown by Yemeni rebels
- HSC examinee suicide crushed under train
- First child born in `Madina`
- ‘My Masud appointed as Police’
- Sadarghat building collapse: Father-Son missing
- Boys in GPA 5, girls ahead in pass rate
- Chattogram range`s best OC Jahidul Kabir
- Quatar WC qualifiers: Bangladesh in Group E
- Nusrat got ‘A’ grade but fail!
- Ex-Songazi OC Moazzem indicted
- All News »
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Happy Birthday Purnima
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- HM Ershad passes away
- Two siblings drown in Shariatpur pond
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Ishana announced to leave media after getting married
- NZ to face England in 12th ICC World Cup final
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Queen Maxima and banking for the grassroots!
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- Rifat murder: Another one detained
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- Rail link with Rajshahi snapped
- Barcelona sign Atletico Madrid forward Griezmann
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- 8 detained for ‘spreading rumor’ over Padma Bridge
- Flood situation worsened in Lalmonirhat
- Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque
- Senior sports journalist Ajay Barua dies
- Mango-laden truck falls into ditch, kills 2
- Torrential rain marooned 30,000 people in Bandarban
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Drug trader killed in Teknaf gunfight
- England face Australia in high-voltage semis today
- Bangladesh makes significant stride in poverty reduction: UN