Hailstorm damage crops
Published: 11:29 PM, 25 April 2018
Various crops including boro rice, mango, vegetables and other crops have suffered widespread damage in Baishakhi storm and big hailstorms in Bakshiganj of Jamalpur.
On the night of storm, the entire area covered with black clouds. Hail begins at around 5:00 pm. In this, there is a great loss of boro paddy, jute, chilli, lace, patal, dill and other crops.
On Wednesday morning, the farmers of the area visited the field of the crop in Tapcharchar, Mirchchar village of the upazila.
Rotten paddy has fallen in hail. Different vegetable fields have been damaged. Under the trees, raw leaves and mango fall into stacks. Many farmers began to cut paddy in fear of hailstorm. As a result, common farmers are facing losses.
The farmers said that the rice that is seen in the rice grains is not rice but mostly dried.
Farmer Dula Mia of Bagaduba village said, "I have not seen such hail in my age. There was so much damage in rains."
In this regard, a farmer of Merurchar village, Chamad Mia said, we planted two bighas of land with barga. I have cultivated chillies, and other vegetables in the land by taking debts, but in one day it was all ruined. Now the loan cannot be repaid.
Regarding this, the farmer Haji Sarkar Abdur Razzak of old Topkarchar village said that due to the loss of the rains, the interest in the cultivation of Boro rice has been lost in the future. He said that Boro Rice farmers have faced huge losses in rains.
Upazila Agriculture Officer Abdul Hamid said that there was considerable harm to the rising crop in the rains. However, the amount of loss cannot be correctly said at the moment. Work is going on in the field to determine the number of losses.
UNO Abu Hassan Siddique visited the affected areas.
- Sarafa Infotech’s new director Saroj Mehedi
- Shakib star as Bangladesh beat Afghanistan
- Where Shakib is first
- BNP candidate Siraj wins Bogura-6 by-polls
- Ebola death toll breaks 1,500 mark in DRC
- Liton sends Ikram back by direct hit
- Shakib gets 4, Afghanistan`s 5 down
- Shakib removes Gulbadin, Nabi in same over
- Stocks perform mixed on higher transactions
- Mosaddek gets Hashmatullah 2 down for AFG
- AL has been strengthened by attack: Sheikh Hasina
- Shakib strikes his first over
- Russell ruled out of World Cup with injury
- Mushfiqur, Shakib takes Bangladesh to 262
- Arrest warrant issued against Mila
- Shakib first Bangladeshi to 1000 WC runs
- 7.3-magnitude quake hits Indonesia, no tsunami threat
- Nabi gets Tamim 2 down for Bangladesh
- Bangladesh lose Liton early
- HC seeks info on unfit vehicles and drivers
- 14 killed as India tent collapses during religious gathering
- JCD factions clash at Nayapaltan, cocktails blast
- Tigers to bat first after losing toss
- Argentina beat Qatar to qualify for last eight
- Rail communication to be normal by evening: Secy
- Happy birthday to football magician Messi
- 14th span of Padma Bridge to be installed Jun 28
- Heat wave may continue and spread
- Habiganj municipality by-election underway
- Kulaura train crash: Three deceased identified
- All News »
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- World population to increase 2 bn by 2050: UN report
- AL to make it`s 70th anniversary memorable
- Tigers won toss, bowl first
- Public exam pass marks 40, no GPA 5
- Gayle falls for duck!
- Probe report submission deferred again
- Bangladesh achieves fastest growth in Asia-Pacific
- Mushfiqur`s ton in vain as Bangladesh lost to Australia
- Caribbeans set 322-run target for Tigers
- Europe’s oldest person ‘Nonna Peppa’ died at 116
- England beat Afghanistan by 150 runs
- None can escape creating sabotage: HM
- RAB revealed mystery of Sensational Shakib murder
- ‘Nani’ providing health care on cycle at 92
- No exempt, although it is MP-Minister’s house: Rezaul
- UNHCR envoy Miyavi hoped Rohingya crisis’ quick solve
- 3 farmers killed in Natore road crash
- Moazzem produced before Cyber Crime Tribunal
- Ex-MP Rana gets bail
- Bangladesh to face West Indies today
- PM inaugurates environment fair, tree plantation campaign & tree fair
- BD female pilots become paragons for Congolese women
- Ruling party gibes on BNP maiden day
- Extremists use religion to create fascism: Monirul
- Ijtema photo wins National Geographic prize
- Boat capsizes at Sadarghat: two minors’ body recovered
- Kohli breaks Sachin Tendulkar’s record
- Shakib enters 6000-run club in ODI
- 2 female RMG workers’ bodies recovered in Ashulia