Hailstorm damage crops
Published: 11:29 PM, 25 April 2018
Various crops including boro rice, mango, vegetables and other crops have suffered widespread damage in Baishakhi storm and big hailstorms in Bakshiganj of Jamalpur.
On the night of storm, the entire area covered with black clouds. Hail begins at around 5:00 pm. In this, there is a great loss of boro paddy, jute, chilli, lace, patal, dill and other crops.
On Wednesday morning, the farmers of the area visited the field of the crop in Tapcharchar, Mirchchar village of the upazila.
Rotten paddy has fallen in hail. Different vegetable fields have been damaged. Under the trees, raw leaves and mango fall into stacks. Many farmers began to cut paddy in fear of hailstorm. As a result, common farmers are facing losses.
The farmers said that the rice that is seen in the rice grains is not rice but mostly dried.
Farmer Dula Mia of Bagaduba village said, "I have not seen such hail in my age. There was so much damage in rains."
In this regard, a farmer of Merurchar village, Chamad Mia said, we planted two bighas of land with barga. I have cultivated chillies, and other vegetables in the land by taking debts, but in one day it was all ruined. Now the loan cannot be repaid.
Regarding this, the farmer Haji Sarkar Abdur Razzak of old Topkarchar village said that due to the loss of the rains, the interest in the cultivation of Boro rice has been lost in the future. He said that Boro Rice farmers have faced huge losses in rains.
Upazila Agriculture Officer Abdul Hamid said that there was considerable harm to the rising crop in the rains. However, the amount of loss cannot be correctly said at the moment. Work is going on in the field to determine the number of losses.
UNO Abu Hassan Siddique visited the affected areas.
- Make popcorn at home
- Woman teems 4 children at once
- Mentally disabled man memorizes entire Holy Quran
- ‘Enjoy rape in failure to prevent’
- Chris: World’s heaviest sheep ever
- Alia-Ranbir wedding card revealed!
- ‘Nagad’ account in 1 minute
- Govt incentive surges remittance flow
- Goat morsels plant: Youth killed in scuffle
- MPO Enroll: Priority given to remote areas’ insts
- 4 companies fined in Chandina market
- FICA supports players’ strike
- ECNEC clears 5 projects of Tk 4636.80 cr
- No ‘Classical Music Festival’ this year
- Asif plays villain in debut!
- 37th BCS Non-cadre result published
- OC dismissed for intercedes Razakar
- Sand imported from China instead of cotton
- No Salary for 27 months despite daily attendance Tk 60
- UK team meets DU VC
- Nusrat murder case verdict Oct 24
- Way to use body scrubber to get brighter skin
- NBR gets time to report on chemical testing unit
- 157 dead in Iraq protests: new official toll
- Bimal Biswas left WPB
- Hearing on Robi’s due appeal Thursday
- Cricketers’ movement unexpected: Papon
- Amitabh apologizes, storm on social media
- Banning unlicensed easybike-rickshaw in city
- Stop unhealthy race on roads: PM
- All News »
- Pooja Zunjar, new born baby die as family fails to get ambulance
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- JMI Hospital Requisite holds IPO road show
- Padma Bank Limited receive insurance cheque
- Now father allegedly kills child in Faridpur
- 3 women killed as truck hits human hauler
- Now PUBG bans in Bangladesh
- Jubo League age decision at Ganabhaban: Quader
- Brutal murder of child: Case filed against 10
- Typhoon Hagibis: Death toll rises to 68 in Japan
- Abrar murder chargesheet soon: HM
- PM urges UGC not to go beyond rules
- Sunny, Al Amin recalled for India T20 series
- Siddik has relations with multiple girls, alleges wife Mim
- New labor laws in Qatar benefiting migrant workers
- 35 pilgrims killed as bus crashes in Saudia Arabia
- Padma Bridge work progress 84 pc
- Gold bars worth Tk 6.5cr recovered in Shah Amanat
- DU ‘Ka’, ‘Cha’ unit admission test results tomorrow
- Johnson sends unsigned letter to EU for Brexit delay
- Japan keen to expand existing bilateral ties: Envoy
- 2 pedestrians die after being hit by bus
- T20 World Cup Qualifier begins today
- ‘Kathin Chibar Dan’ being celebrated
- BUET students’ call off protests
- 9 addl judges appointed to HC
- City Bank MD alleged for sexual assault
- DU ‘A’ unit admission test result postponed
- Sabila Nur’s honeymoon preparation!
- ‘Kurigram Express’ to be launched today