HC seeks info on unfit vehicles and drivers
Published: 04:10 PM, 24 June 2019 Updated: 04:21 PM, 24 June 2019
The High Court has asked for detailed information of the drivers that are not renewing their license and vehicles that are not renewing fitness across the country including Dhaka.
At the same time, the court asked about what actions should have been taken according to the law against license 4,58,396 vehicles without fitness and against drivers that have not renewed license across the country.
BRTA Chairman and Directorate of BRTA Road Safety will have to reply to the High Court within July 23.
On Monday, the High Court bench comprising Justice Md Nazrul Islam Talukdar and Justice KM Hafizul Alam gave the order.
Deputy Attorney General AKM Amin Uddin Manik was present for the state. Barrister Moin Firozi and Rafiul Islam were present for the BRTA.
Meanwhile, BRTA Road Safety Department Director Mahbub-e-Rabbani appeared in court in view of the court order.
Earlier, on March 27, the High Court sought information about non-fitness vehicles and unlicensed drivers across the country, including Dhaka. BRTA Chairman, Inspector General of Police, DC of Dhaka North and South Traffic Police, BRTA Road Safety Department Director Mahbub-e-Rabbani were asked to provide detailed information about the matter.
At the same time, Mahbub-e-Rabbani were asked to brief the matter by appearing before the court. Besides, the High Court has directed the authorities to provide information on how many vehicles are registered and the driver’s license is renewed, why not renewed in time. In continuation, he explained to the court about the relevant report today.
It is noted that a daily national English newspaper published a report on 71 thousand without fitness vehicles on March 23. Later, the High Court bench comprising Nazrul Islam Talukdar and Justice KM Hafizul Alam gave orders in the context of the report.
Supreme Court lawyer Syed Mamun Mahbub brought the published report before the court. At the time, the court seeks the opinion of the Supreme Court Bar Association president Advocate AM Amin Uddin. Apart from this, Deputy Attorney General AKM Amin Uddin Manik, who is in charge of the court, gave an opinion on the case.
Later, the High Court issued a rule to know why the inaction and failure of the defendants will not be declared illegal due to non-fitness and unregistered traffic movement and running without license.
In order to implement the consciousness of Article 32 of the Constitution with the right to survive, a rule asked why it is not ordered to strictly follow all rules and regulations including the Motor Vehicle Ordinance-1983.
Within four weeks, 7 people including Road Transport and Bridge Secretary, Home Ministry Secretary, IG of Police, BRTA Chairman were asked to answer these rules.
- 8 burnt in N’ganj gas-stove explosion
- Taiwan records its first coronavirus death as global toll passes
- Students must lead to build drug-free society: Menon
- Qatar keen to recruit skilled manpower from Bangladesh
- Central Zone sniffs victory with Shanto’s double century
- Singapore expatriate wife leaves home over coronavirus panic
- Meeting between Managing Directors of DSE, CSE
- ‘Basic Concept of Islamic Banking’ workshop held
- Bandits kill 30 in northwest Nigeria attack: police
- Coronavirus could damage global growth in 2020: IMF
- Interest rates reduced in Post Office saving schemes
- College-boy killed in Lalmonirhat road accident
- Russian solder proposes using 16 tanks
- 2 doctors killed in Tangail road crash
- Perfect weight according to height
- 2 motorcyclist killed in Sunamganj road crash
- How much salt needed to lose weight?
- Bkash agent killed in Jashore road crash
- Sharif joins housing and public works ministry
- Arvind Kejriwal takes oath
- 50,000 people suffer for lack of bridge
- Legal procedures to follow for Khaleda`s parole: Anisul
- Two killed in Tangail road accident
- Yasir hits career-best knock as North Zone takes lead
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Accused in multiple cases in Sirajganj detained
- Husband with arms, wife having bullets detained
- Motorcyclist killed in Kushtia road crash
- Haven`t received Khaleda Zia`s parole appel: Kamal
- Six World Cup-winning U-19 players in BCB XI
- All News »
- Promise Day today
- ‘Kache Ashar Oshomapto Golpo’ to be aired on 13 channels
- 13 dead as trawler capsizes in Bay, 10 missing
- Corona patient shot dead in North Korea
- Young Tigers to receive ‘Water Salute’ at airport
- China’s coronavirus death toll jumps to 1,113
- Couple make history with N.Ireland`s first same-sex marriage
- HC upholds death penalty for 5 militants
- Oscar 2020: Full list of winners
- Soumya to get married this month
- Heroes return home today
- PM opens Sheikh Kamal IT Centre in Rajshahi
- Soumya with future wife
- China returnee student shifted to Kurmitola
- Yaravirus panic in Brazil amid Coronavirus
- Coronavirus: Death toll jumps to 900
- Saudi to invest $30bn in Bangladesh
- Mysterious disease left 15 dead in Nigerian
- Fire at DR Tower in Naya Paltan
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Coronovirus deaths surge past 1,300
- 80 years of Tom & Jerry
- Marriage at office on Valentine’s Day getting no leave
- Uniform entry test in public universities from this year
- Integrated admission test for all public universities from now
- South Africa faces England in 1st T20 today
- Boat capsize in Rangamati: 5 killed, 3 missing
- Sundarbans Day today
- Death toll in China surges past 1,500
- Samsung unveils new foldable phone Galaxy Z Flip