HC seeks explanation over illegal establishments at Hatirjheel
Published: 05:09 PM, 27 February 2019
The High Court (HC) issued a rule asking the authorities concerned to explain why directives would not be given to removing all the establishments, including restaurants, beyond the layout plan of the Hatirjheel-Begunbari project.
At the same time, the rule also asked why directives would not be given to the respondents to take steps so that no more establishments beyond the layout plan could be established there in the future.
The HC bench of Justice Moinul Islam Chowdhury and Justice Md Ashraful Kalam issued the rule on Wednesday after hearing of a supplementary petition filed by Human Rights and Peace for Bangladesh (HRPB).
Chairman of RAJUK (Rajdhani Unnayan Kartripakkha), director of Hatirjheel-Begunbari project and five others concerned were asked to respond to the rule within two weeks.
Earlier on September 10, the HC directed the authorities concerned to remove all the establishments beyond the layout plan of Hatirjheel-Begunbari project within seven days after hearing of a writ filed by HRPB.
The HC also issued a rule asking the authorities concerned to explain why directives would not be given to stop construction of structures beyond the layout plan of the project and protect the project as per the design.
Later, authorities of several establishments, built beyond the layout plan, filed an appeal with Supreme Court seeking the stay of the HC order.
On October 14 last, the SC passed the status quo on the order and also ordered disposing of the rule issued by the HC within two months.
HRPB lawyer Manzil Murshid said that the supplementary petition was filed seeking directives to bulldoze the illegal establishments.
Now, after hearing the HC issued the rule.
- Nusrat got ‘A’ grade but fail!
- Ex-Songazi OC Moazzem indicted
- Minni on 5-day remand
- Mosharraf Karim paired with Safa in ‘Dil Daan Kalachan’
- Fish production marks constant rise over last 5 yrs
- What actions taken against police failure; HC asked
- Now woman killed in Teknaf gunfight
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- Road link with Bandarban restores after 8-day
- 100 pc pass in 907 inst
- Temperature may rise over country
- Army ready to tackle flood: Army Chief
- PM flags off ‘Benapole Express’
- No students passed in 41 colleges
- US bans Myanmar army chief over Rohingya ‘ethnic cleansing’
- Death toll climbs to 5 after quake in eastern Indonesia
- Quader’s follow-up checkup after surgery completed
- This years’ results good, acceptable: PM
- HSC pass rate increases 7.9 pc
- Worker died as fell down from Rooppur Project’s const building
- How to get HSC result
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Technical Board attains 82.62pc pass rate
- Madrasah Board attains 88.56pc pass rate
- 47,286 gets GPA-5
- Pass rate 73.93 pc
- HSC results handed over to PM
- PM to inaugurate ‘Benapole Express’ today
- 2 drug traders killed in gunfight with BGB
- HSC exam results today
- All News »
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- New Zealand knock India out of World Cup
- 24 killed in Papua New Guinea tribal massacres
- Happy Birthday Purnima
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- HM Ershad passes away
- Two siblings drown in Shariatpur pond
- ‘Cox’s Bazar losing ecological balance for Rohingyas’
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- NZ to face England in 12th ICC World Cup final
- Merkel says `very well` despite third shaking spell
- Queen Maxima and banking for the grassroots!
- Ishana announced to leave media after getting married
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- Six bodies found in Cox’s Bazar beach
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- UN to pay Bangladesh Tk 500 cr due
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- Rifat murder: Another one detained
- Rail link with Rajshahi snapped
- 5 things must need for securing modern network
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- Barcelona sign Atletico Madrid forward Griezmann
- DU admission test in new method
- Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque
- Mango-laden truck falls into ditch, kills 2
- Flood situation worsened in Lalmonirhat