HC seeks explanation over illegal establishments at Hatirjheel
Published: 05:09 PM, 27 February 2019
The High Court (HC) issued a rule asking the authorities concerned to explain why directives would not be given to removing all the establishments, including restaurants, beyond the layout plan of the Hatirjheel-Begunbari project.
At the same time, the rule also asked why directives would not be given to the respondents to take steps so that no more establishments beyond the layout plan could be established there in the future.
The HC bench of Justice Moinul Islam Chowdhury and Justice Md Ashraful Kalam issued the rule on Wednesday after hearing of a supplementary petition filed by Human Rights and Peace for Bangladesh (HRPB).
Chairman of RAJUK (Rajdhani Unnayan Kartripakkha), director of Hatirjheel-Begunbari project and five others concerned were asked to respond to the rule within two weeks.
Earlier on September 10, the HC directed the authorities concerned to remove all the establishments beyond the layout plan of Hatirjheel-Begunbari project within seven days after hearing of a writ filed by HRPB.
The HC also issued a rule asking the authorities concerned to explain why directives would not be given to stop construction of structures beyond the layout plan of the project and protect the project as per the design.
Later, authorities of several establishments, built beyond the layout plan, filed an appeal with Supreme Court seeking the stay of the HC order.
On October 14 last, the SC passed the status quo on the order and also ordered disposing of the rule issued by the HC within two months.
HRPB lawyer Manzil Murshid said that the supplementary petition was filed seeking directives to bulldoze the illegal establishments.
Now, after hearing the HC issued the rule.
- German arms export freeze on Saudi Arabia extended
- 6 arrested in Bagha border with Indian citizens
- Argentina court approves hijab!
- Finally suspension order of Zinia withdrawn
- 60 marks exam must to be BCL leaders
- Pygmy: The forest lovers
- Codex Gigas: The Devil’s Bible
- Tree plantation program held at IU
- Rabab Fatima appointed Bangladesh’s envoy to UN
- Dope test for bus drivers from Dec 1
- Ashura reminds Islam is integral part of the Abrahamic tradition
- CIP cards handover to 182 businessmen
- Bangladesh in Tri-Nation T20 final
- Bangladesh Bank upsurges ADR
- BSEC approves Standard Bank’s bond
- Fire in Liberia’s school kills over 27 children
- ‘Independent supreme court’ of Facebook
- RAB sealed `Golden Dhaka Bangladesh` casino
- Iran threatens to invade US with all
- Kashmiris night out on trees in raid panic
- Tea: wonderful natural beauty elements
- Vulgar message from Popy`s ID!
- Pakistan refuses Modi’s German flight over land
- Juba League leader Khaled arrested
- Tigers post 175/7 against Zimbabwe
- Solution to disputes with GP, Robi in 3 weeks: FnM
- 142 held over police raid in capital`s Young Men’s club casino
- Marriage in police station after rape: OC Obaidul dismissed
- Ira Khan casts brother Junaid to debut play Medea
- Mehazabien reacted on social media
- All News »
- Mahi’s 33 and Tisha’s 22
- Paris court finds Saudi princess guilty
- ADB country director praises PM’s planned development initiatives
- Blanche Monnier spent 25 yrs locked up just for love
- Germany criticizes Netanyahu’s annexation plan
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- White House: A monstrous residence
- Self-made billionaire Jack Ma, who was rejected from 30 jobs
- 18 yrs of 9/11, worst terrorist attack in history
- Myths and controversies of Taj Mahal
- Saudi reduces Hajj-Umrah visa fee
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- U-19 Asia Cup final: Bangladesh vs India Saturday
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- ‘BNP’s many leaders are hired’
- Rastafari, a religion that developed against “Whites”
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- ‘Mayaboti’ to release 22 theaters tomorrow
- Taliban seizes more land after failed peace talks
- Young Tigers thrash India, target 107
- Padma Bridge’s toll yet to be decided: Quader
- Mystery reveals after query actress Shimla
- Jennifer Lopez steals money and shows in ‘Hustlers’
- PM to receive ‘Dr Kalam Smriti Int’l Excellence Awards ‘19’
- 12 sailors missing as lighter ship capsizes in Bay of Bengal
- Amitabh was victim to marry Jaya!
- ACC director Yusuf’s wife burnt in fire dies