HC seeks explanation over illegal establishments at Hatirjheel
Published: 05:09 PM, 27 February 2019
The High Court (HC) issued a rule asking the authorities concerned to explain why directives would not be given to removing all the establishments, including restaurants, beyond the layout plan of the Hatirjheel-Begunbari project.
At the same time, the rule also asked why directives would not be given to the respondents to take steps so that no more establishments beyond the layout plan could be established there in the future.
The HC bench of Justice Moinul Islam Chowdhury and Justice Md Ashraful Kalam issued the rule on Wednesday after hearing of a supplementary petition filed by Human Rights and Peace for Bangladesh (HRPB).
Chairman of RAJUK (Rajdhani Unnayan Kartripakkha), director of Hatirjheel-Begunbari project and five others concerned were asked to respond to the rule within two weeks.
Earlier on September 10, the HC directed the authorities concerned to remove all the establishments beyond the layout plan of Hatirjheel-Begunbari project within seven days after hearing of a writ filed by HRPB.
The HC also issued a rule asking the authorities concerned to explain why directives would not be given to stop construction of structures beyond the layout plan of the project and protect the project as per the design.
Later, authorities of several establishments, built beyond the layout plan, filed an appeal with Supreme Court seeking the stay of the HC order.
On October 14 last, the SC passed the status quo on the order and also ordered disposing of the rule issued by the HC within two months.
HRPB lawyer Manzil Murshid said that the supplementary petition was filed seeking directives to bulldoze the illegal establishments.
Now, after hearing the HC issued the rule.
- PM for integrated development plans
- South Africa level T20 series over Australia
- Women’s Euro 2021 to kick off at Old Trafford
- Du Preez the hero as South Africa beat England
- Experience the world with Samsung Galaxy S20 series
- 6 of same family receive burn injury in Sirajganj
- Sheikh Hasina pushes country forward, others retreat
- Malaysia to form new government!
- Fake BGB member detained in Dinajpur
- Carter Center delegation calls on Chief Information Commissioner
- Qatar expat Bangladeshi`s body found in friend`s refrigerator!
- 3 held with yaba in DU residential building
- 4 detained with phensidyl in Sirajganj
- President asks Army to get ready for supreme sacrifice
- Youth held in anti-narcotic drive in Sylhet
- Papiya expelled from Jubo League
- 1 detained with weed in Cumilla
- Turkey and Pakistan close borders with Iran
- Officials have to reach farmers’ doors: Abdur Razzak
- South Zone in command as Farhad hits ton
- 23 Feb golden day of Bengali nation
- 2 CoU students join SAUFEST-2020
- 5 held in anti-narcotic drive in Rangpur
- DMP detained 54 in anti-narcotic drive
- Handsome salary for less educated!
- 2 killed as bus hits motorcycle in Capital
- Youth detained with yaba in Manikganj
- 1 killed in Gopalganj road crash
- Two rookies in ODI squad
- GP pays Tk 1,000 crore to BTRC
- All News »
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Good news to honey farmers
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- Arms, alcohol recovered from Papiya’s residence
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- Mother with dead daughter in VR show
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- Coronavirus: Elderly and sick are most at risk
- PM hands over Ekushey Padak-2020
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- 14 children among 22 killed in Cameroon massacre
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- Israeli soldiers duped by Hamas
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Hundreds of thousands of mussels dead in New Zealand heatwave
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Crowd erupted at Shaheed Minar