HC seeks SP’s remarks over Minni’s confession
Published: 04:24 PM, 19 August 2019 Updated: 05:29 PM, 19 August 2019
The High Court sought to know when Barguna’s SP had a press conference regarding the confession of Minni before giving a confessional statement to the court over Rifat Sharif murder case.
The court has asked to submit a supplementary petition by adding the reports published in various newspapers regarding the press conference. Minni’s lawyers will have to file the petition by Tuesday.
On Monday, the High Court bench comprising Justice M Enayetur Rahim and Justice Md Mostafizur Rahman passed the order on the first day of Minni’s bail petition. In the meantime, the court set tomorrow (on Tuesday) for the next hearing of Minni’s bail.
Senior lawyer ZI Khan Panna and his team members were present on behalf of Minni. Deputy Attorney General Md Sarwar Hossain was present for the state.
Earlier, the bail petition of Aysha Siddika Minni, the prime accused over Rifat murder case and wife of the victim, was presented before the court.
On June 26, Rifat Sharif, an internet service provider, was attacked with sharp weapons near the main gate of Barguna Government College. Video footage of the incident that went viral on social media, shows Minni screaming and trying in vain to save her husband during the attack.
Later, Rifat’s father filed a murder case with Barguna Sadar Police Station against 12 people on the day of the murder.
Police have so far arrested 15 people over the murder. Besides, main accused Sabbir Ahmed alias Nayon Bond was killed in a reported gunfight with law enforcers on July 2.
Police arrested Minni on July 16 over the murder of her husband and was denied bail several times. She reportedly confessed to her involvement in the murder before the court on July 19, two days after her arrest.
On July 31, Minni filed a petition with a Barguna court seeking withdrawal of her confessional statement over the murder.
Later, Minni’s bail was appealed to the Barguna court, but she didn’t get bail. Her lawyers filed for bail in the High Court after failing in lower court.
- ‘Pak PM expressed concern over possible nuclear war with India
- Annie Silverstein’s ‘Bull’ wins top prize at Deauville
- Tigers lost to Afghans again!
- Rohingyas demand citizenship to return home
- Pak singer Robi jailed over comment ‘Narendra Modi must go to hell’
- Rule enacted for officials’ presence in PM’s state tours
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- White House: A monstrous residence
- PM to receive ‘Dr Kalam Smriti Int’l Excellence Awards ‘19’
- Hasina-Modi talks in Delhi Oct 5
- Tigers again in Afghan trouble
- Govt targets $50 bn in textile export
- Viqarunnisa gets new principal
- FM wants to keep trust in India
- Tigers lose 4 early targeting 165
- Plus-size beauty activist, Youtuber Nabela Noor in Dhaka
- Shinning days back in-house cow farm
- Injection to increase fairness!
- Airstrike kills 52 Taliban in Afghanistan
- Tips to have long-dense beard
- Saifuddin-Shakib turned 4 Afghans
- Joy-Lekhak pledge restore BCL status
- Time limit for Ins companies declared again
- Benefits of reciting Holy Qur’an
- Rituparna in Dhaka to make ‘Jam’!
- Police must try to gain trust of masses: PM
- DMP boss’ utmost importance on service for mass people
- 3 motorcyclists killed in Cumilla road crash
- HC directs hiring drivers on monthly salary basis
- Power outage at secretariat
- All News »
- Paris court finds Saudi princess guilty
- Mahi’s 33 and Tisha’s 22
- Sundarbans; a serene beauty
- `No alternative to capacity building to tackle cyber attack`
- With one suicide every 40 seconds, WHO urges action
- ADB country director praises PM’s planned development initiatives
- Germany criticizes Netanyahu’s annexation plan
- Blanche Monnier spent 25 yrs locked up just for love
- Ancient Greek: Origin of Culture and Civilization
- Kristen Stewart reacts to Robert Pattinson’s Batman casting
- Putin warned before 9/11 Twin-Tower attack
- 18 yrs of 9/11, worst terrorist attack in history
- Pakistan’s first female astronaut welcomed ISRO
- Bengal Commercial Bank launching soon
- Importance of ‘Fasting on Ashura’
- Self-made billionaire Jack Ma, who was rejected from 30 jobs
- Myths and controversies of Taj Mahal
- 5yrs without Firoza Begum
- U-19 Asia Cup final: Bangladesh vs India Saturday
- Saudi reduces Hajj-Umrah visa fee
- Gazipur hotel blast, probe committee formed
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- ‘BNP’s many leaders are hired’
- Nan Madol: Ghost City on sea
- Man accused in 6 cases killed in M’singh gunfight
- Mishu new face in Tigers` T20 squad
- Rastafari, a religion that developed against “Whites”
- Shakib prized Afghanistan
- Bribe-taking sub-registrar to be suspended
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS