HC refuses to interfere on Minni`s remand order
Published: 04:22 PM, 18 July 2019 Updated: 04:23 PM, 18 July 2019
Aysha Siddika Minni
The High Court (HC) on Thursday refused to interfere into the issue of taking Aysha Siddiqa Minni on remand as the investigation is going on into her husband Rifat Sharif's murder case in Barguna.
The HC bench of Justice FRM Nazmul Ahasan and Justice KM Kamrul Kader said it will not interfere into the issue of taking Minni on remand as the investigation is going on into the case.
"There has scope to file petition in the lower court. You may go there. You can also apply for changing the court," said the court.
Supreme Court lawyer Advocate Faruk Hossain sent some new paper reports on the Barguna court order that placed Minni on a five-day remand in the murder case.
The SC lawyer told the court that Minni is the principal witness of the case but police arrested her as an accused of the case.
Other witnesses of the case may not dare to come forward and place statement before the lower court if a witness is arrested.
Advocate Faruk also said that Minni is yet to recover the shock of her husband's killing but she was arrested in the case which is inhuman and illogical.
The lawyer verbally prayed to the HC to direct the lower court on a suo moto move to cancel the remand order.
He also said that Minni was placed on the remand although no lawyer appeared to defend her at lower court.
Minni is the key witness of the murder that took place in front of her college on June 26. Rifat Sharif, a 25-year-old internet service provider, was indiscriminately hacked by a group of youths there.
In a video footage of the incident that went viral in the social media, Minni was seen screaming and trying in vain to save her husband from the assailants.
On Tuesday morning, Barguna police took Minni and her father Md Mozammel Hossain Kishor to the police lines to record Minni’s statement, but arrested Minni around 9:00 pm.
- Yarsagumba: World’s most expensive medicinal fungus
- We must capitalise on Smith absence: Root
- Modi complains to Boris over occupied Kashmir
- Abahani beat April 25 SC 4-3
- Russell surprised to see so many journalists!
- Two kid drowns in Jashore
- Bangladesh among top 10 fastest growing freelance market
- BIDA to create 24,000 new entrepreneurs in 2 yrs
- GP appoints Jens Becker as new CFO
- Tricks to avoid snatch your bags
- Fourth JS session to begin Sept 8
- Mamata Banerjee makes tea
- Record fires in Brazilian rainforest
- Johnson, Merkel to face off in first Brexit talks
- JS resumes Sept 8
- Myanmar army clashes with rebels leave 30 dead
- 21st Aug attacks by BNP: PM
- One more dies of dengue at DMCH
- Homemade delicious `Fish Meatball`
- Forgiveness: Virtue of prophet character
- DU increases registration time for 52nd convocation
- PM to induct ‘Gangchil’ tomorrow
- Mahbub Uz Zaman appointed Bangladesh Ambassador to China
- Bangladesh HP beats Sri Lanka
- Convict arrested in Companyganj
- Man killed mother-in-law
- Soil-friendly tools must deliver to farmer: AG Minister
- Saiful walked 31 days against rumors
- `Pacers need to focus more on fitness`
- 21st Aug: Drive from Bangabandhu Avenue to Sudha Sadan
- All News »
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- PM receives Modi’s invitation letter
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Sabbir invites PM to his wedding
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Medical admission test on Oct 4
- App launches to prevent dengue
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- Bollywood hot cake Sunny Leone now in Dhallywood
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- Apu Biswas comebacks
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- 63 Bangladeshi Hajj pilgrims died in Saudi Arabia
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future