HC orders withdrawing N’ganj Sadar thana OC
Published: 04:17 PM, 4 March 2019 Updated: 05:40 PM, 4 March 2019
The High Court (HC) ordered authorities concerned to close officer in-charge (OC) of Sadar Police Station in Narayanganj over his alleged link to Yaba smuggling.
An HC division bench comprising Justice M Enayetur Rahim and Justice Md Mostafizur Rahman passed the order on Monday morning. The court also ordered the investigation officer to complete probe of the case within a month.
On February 24, the High Court expressed its concern after being informed that OC Kamrul Islam was involved with an incident where two of his subordinates, who have already been detained in a yaba smuggling case, took 50,000 yaba and Tk 5 lakh in cash from drug paddlers and let them go on his (Kamrul) order.
Assistant sub-inspector Mohammad Alam Sorawardy Rubel and constable Asaduzzaman gave confessional statements in this regard.
A team of detective branch (DB) of police on March 7, 2018, recovered the yaba and money from the residence of Assistant sub-inspector Mohammad Alam Sorawardy Rubel and later filed the case.
In their confessional statements before the court, accused Rubel and Asaduzzaman said they had done this following the order of Kamrul.
During a hearing of bail petition of Rubel, the High Court came to know about this and summoned the concerned investigation officer to explain why Kamrul was not made accused in the case. The investigation officer appeared before the court and submitted his explanation.
- Srabanti in Gym, then what happen?
- Zareen Khan recalls facing casting couch
- BD to host SAFF Championship in Sept 2020
- 5 cops in remand held with Yaba
- 1st edition of Amputee football held in capital
- Scientists detect newborn black hole
- Yugi’s lime, a rural art
- Tips to protect your mobile bank
- Robert Mugabe: Liberator to brutal tyrant
- Sanjay Dutta in TV drama series!
- 7 Chinese warship patrolling Indian Ocean
- Motorcyclist killed in Bagerhat road crash
- US shows evidence of Iran’s involvement in Saudi oil attacks
- PM receives APJ Kalam Memorial Award
- 4 officials promoted to senior secretaries
- Zinc factory in remote village!
- Rohingya terrorist detained with pistol from Balukhali camp
- Saudi clears multiple Umrah fine
- AL withdraws candidature for Rangpur-3 by-polls
- ‘Viqarunnisa principal can’t join before 11:00 am on Tuesday’
- Does your cream contain vitamin C?
- HC orders judicial inquiry against Puthia OC
- PM orders to form separate police unit for Metro Rail
- Spicy Fish Kabab
- Idol makers passing busy days in Khulna
- Sunerah in short film
- Youth kills brother for 10 bucks
- Kishoreganj Manik murder: 10 get life term
- 3000 Bangladeshi may lose citizenship in Italy!
- BRTC does not need corrupt officials: Quader
- All News »
- Mahi’s 33 and Tisha’s 22
- Paris court finds Saudi princess guilty
- With one suicide every 40 seconds, WHO urges action
- ADB country director praises PM’s planned development initiatives
- Germany criticizes Netanyahu’s annexation plan
- Blanche Monnier spent 25 yrs locked up just for love
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Kristen Stewart reacts to Robert Pattinson’s Batman casting
- 18 yrs of 9/11, worst terrorist attack in history
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- Self-made billionaire Jack Ma, who was rejected from 30 jobs
- Myths and controversies of Taj Mahal
- 5yrs without Firoza Begum
- Saudi reduces Hajj-Umrah visa fee
- U-19 Asia Cup final: Bangladesh vs India Saturday
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- Mishu new face in Tigers` T20 squad
- Rastafari, a religion that developed against “Whites”
- ‘BNP’s many leaders are hired’
- Nan Madol: Ghost City on sea
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- Bribe-taking sub-registrar to be suspended
- Shakib prized Afghanistan
- Runa Laila for the 1st time in long music career
- White House: A monstrous residence
- Mystery reveals after query actress Shimla
- Taliban seizes more land after failed peace talks
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- ‘Rajhangsha’ to be inaugurated Saturday