HC orders to remove date-expired drugs
Published: 03:09 PM, 18 June 2019 Updated: 03:10 PM, 18 June 2019
The High Court (HC) on Tuesday directed to remove all the date-expired drugs from the 93 percent of pharmacies in Dhaka in a month.
The court also directed the authorities concerned of the government to submit a report before it after complying with the order by July 16.
The HC bench of Justice FRM Nazmul Ahsan and Justice KM Kamrul Kader came up with the order following a writ petition.
On Monday, Barrister Mahfuzur Rahma Milon, executive director of Justice Watch Foundation, filed the writ petition seeking necessary order in this regard.
Following reports published in different newspapers, he submitted the petition to the court.
According to the reports, Directorate of National Consumer Rights Protection has found date-expired medicines in 93 percent of the pharmacies in the capital where it conducted drives over six months.
Today, the court also issued a rule asking the authorities concerned to explain in four weeks why their inaction to remove the date-expired medicines from the pharmacies should not be declared illegal.
Health secretary, home secretary, law secretary, industries secretary, director general of the Directorate General of Health Services, director general and deputy director of National Consumer Rights Protection, inspector general of police, president and general secretary of Bangladesh Association of Pharmaceutical Industries and editors of The Daily Star and Prothom Alo have been respondents to the rule.
- Humayun Ahmed alive through his speeches
- 13 human traffickers held in capital, Keraniganj
- Lilith’s trailer released
- Death toll hits 33 in Japan studio arson attack
- US sanctions on Myanmar not enough: UN
- Dengue check: DNCC skips holiday-leaves for two departs
- Truck overturned: Mother-son killed in Rohingya camp
- Rishan Farzi on five-day remand
- Expiry date, price must clear on drug: HC
- FaceApp occupies 15 crore subscribers’ gallery!
- Humanity for animal !
- Bangladeshis among 285 immigrants detained on Iran boarder
- A woman: Dancer to detective
- Humayun Ahmed`s 7th death anniv today
- Bernard topped Bill Gates on Rich List
- ICC debarred Zimbabwe
- PM flies to London
- Put Myanmar for Rohingya return; FM urges US
- PM flies to London tomorrow
- DC conference: Vast responsibility, directives
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- HC’s directive to dispose woman, child repression case in 180 day
- Navy got ‘National Fisheries Award’19 Gold medal
- Boat hats in Manikganj
- 8000 cattle ready for Qurbani market
- Shakib in Cricinfo’s XI; not Kohli
- Beauty of Tanguar Haor in Monsoon
- Illegal expats to return home paying TK 14 thou
- Two sisters drowned in Tangail
- UN chief concerns over Rohingya crisis
- All News »
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- HM Ershad passes away
- Two siblings drown in Shariatpur pond
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Ishana announced to leave media after getting married
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- 8 detained for ‘spreading rumor’ over Padma Bridge
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- Senior sports journalist Ajay Barua dies
- Barcelona sign Atletico Madrid forward Griezmann
- Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Torrential rain marooned 30,000 people in Bandarban
- Flood situation worsened in Lalmonirhat
- Stay alert to tackle flood: PM
- Accused stabbed dead by another in front of judge in court
- Bangladesh makes significant stride in poverty reduction: UN
- How to get HSC result
- Ershad’s body in Rangpur
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- Sohel Rana speechless on Ershad’s death