HC for task force in every district to stop unfit vehicle
Published: 04:08 PM, 16 February 2020
The High Court has directed to launch a country-wide operation against unlicensed, unregistered, uninsured vehicles and take steps to stop them. For this purpose, an executive magistrate, BRTA and police have been asked to form a task force in every district.
The High Court bench comprised of Justice Md. Nazrul Islam and Justice KM Hafizul Alam passed the order on Sunday.
The Public Administration Secretary, Home Secretary and Road Transport Secretary will have to implement this order of the court. The DC has also been directed to appoint an executive magistrate for the task force.
Barrister Maine Firozi and Advocate Rafiul Islam were in favor of the BRTA in the court. Deputy Attorney General AKM Amin Uddin Manik was for the state.
AKM Amin Uddin said the BRTA told the court that they were unable to launch a drive against the vehicle without fitness due to the manpower crisis. They requested the formation of a task force. There for, the High Court ordered the formation of a task force.
The task force will be able to verify all vehicle documents, as well as fitness, arresting unregistered cars, arresting drivers, fines and dumping cars.
It has been asked to report the progress of the order to the High Court within the next three months. The next hearing of this rule is set for June 1.
- Legendary jazz trumpeter Wallace Roney dies of coronavirus
- Eight samples collected in Ctg, results afternoon
- Free Coronavirus test in DMCH, result in 3 hrs
- All Pohela Boishakh events cancelled
- Measures taken to meet milk, egg, fish and meat demand
- Coronavirus test in Rajshahi begins
- Coronavirus death toll rises to 6 in Bangladesh
- Coronavirus claims lives of two US activists
- Lata Mangeshkar donates Rs 25 lakh to fight against coronavirus
- Pak legend sportsman dies of corona
- Temperature may rise by 1-2°C
- Worker killed in Satkhira road crash
- Holy Ka`aba Sharif Tawaf resumed
- Coronavirus is worst crisis since World War II: UN Chief
- 100 shops gutted in Khulna fire
- 3 new coronavirus patients identified, 54 in total
- Coronavirus alone took only 2.3 percent lives in Italy!
- Corona test at BSMMU begins today; result in 4 hrs!
- One more dies from coronavirus in country
- Buttler auctions WC final jersey to raise funds
- India coronavirus death toll rises to 45
- Lost beauty of Bandarban restored
- 5 correct rules for mobile charging
- Jamie Day to provide food for 300 helpless people
- Taskin’s father waived fare of all renters
- Newborn named `Lockdown`!
- US records 726 corona deaths in 24 hrs
- Man dies at Isolation in Shariatpur
- Corona claims 3,126 lives in 10 hrs
- Two crushed to death by truck in M`singh
- All News »
- Coronavirus hospital to be built in Dhaka like China
- Japan claims to develop COVID-19 vaccine
- Hantavirus: All you need to know
- Corona death surging to 19000
- 54 buildings of Mohammadpur under police surveillance
- Actor Kazi Maruf, his wife infected with coronavirus
- British PM Boris Johnson infected with coronavirus
- British health secy Hancock test coronavirus positive
- Lawsuit filed against China for coronavirus outbreak
- School holiday draws to Eid
- US actor dies from coronavirus
- Alibaba donates Bangladesh 30,000 Covid-19 testing kits
- AC land Sayma Hasan withdrawn
- Coronavirus affected nurse kills herself ‘to protect others’
- Italy reports 683 more coronavirus deaths
- BD made ‘Spondon’ to save the life of critical patients
- 11 killed as gunmen attack Sikh religious complex in Kabul
- German minister commits suicide over ‘corona crisis worries’
- Coronavirus death toll rises to 5 in country
- UN urges to ease sanctions against countries fighting COVID-19
- Gopalganj road crashes kill 2 motorcyclists, injure 26
- Coronavirus measures could cause global food shortage, UN warns
- 15 of 48 corona patient recovered in Bangladesh; No new case
- Prince Charles tests positive for Covid-19
- Spain virus death toll tops 4,000
- Corona death mounts to 33,976, infected over .72m
- Malaysia’s King and Queen in quarantine
- Corona death surpasses 24000 (update list)
- Lessons for secondary level students begins on Sangsad TV
- Cat found infected with coronavirus in Belgium