HC asks for govt`s plan on Suhrawardy Udyan
Published: 04:19 PM, 5 February 2020 Updated: 04:21 PM, 5 February 2020
The High Court sought to know the government's plans for Suhrawardy Udyan in the capital, a memorial in the historic address of March 7.
A bench of justices FRM Nazmul Ahasan and KM Kamrul Quader passed the order on Wednesday.
This information should be reported by the state. The court adjourned the matter on Tuesday for further order.
Former Secretary of the Supreme Court Lawyers Association Dr Bashir Ahmed had made the writ petition in 2017, seeking declaration of Historic March 7 National Day, marking the location of Bangabandhu's speech and building a sculpture of Bangabandhu raised finger in Suhrawardy Udyan.
A preliminary hearing on the writ petition, the High Court bench of Justice Kazi Reza-ul-Haq and Justice Mohammad Ullah issued the rule on November 20 of that year.
Dr. Bashir Ahmed himself recently hearing the petition of that rule. In the court. Assistant Attorney General Mohammad Saiful Alam was on behalf of the state.
In 2017, the High Court wanted to know the why March 7 would not be declared as a historic national day, why the place wouldn’t be specified where the Bangabandhu speech had given the historic address on March 7, the surrender of Pakistani forces and the reception of Indira Gandhi, why the stage would not be restored and the construction of the Bangabandhu’s Mural of raised finger.
- COVID-19 claims 766 more in Italy
- Hungry dogs become dangerous, killed 4 deer
- Actor Javed hospitalised
- Ctg coronavirus patient’s house locked down
- 9 shops-school gutted in Tangail fire
- Three houses locked down in Bogura
- Mim takes responsibility of 500 families in Rajshahi
- Overseas returnee dies from respiratory problem
- Fuel prices surges amid Russia-Saudi optimistic deal
- Antiparasitic drugs can destroy coronavirus in 48 hrs: Study
- Journo extends help for 2,000 families
- 34 home quarantined individuals’ sample collected in Cumilla
- First coronavirus patient identified in Ctg
- A TV journalist contracted corona, 47 people in quarantine
- Six-week-old baby dies of coronavirus
- Coronavirus death toll tops 55,000
- RAB distributes relief to more than 500 families
- Coronavirus: Who are most infected in Bangladesh?
- No HSC exams in April!
- Voluntary lockdown at Dayarampur
- Deceased man in Shariatpur wasn’t COVID-19 patient, lockdown cancelled
- Rashford provides food to 6 lakh children
- Coronavirus death toll surges 54 thousand
- New Zealand`s Bangladesh tour in doubt
- No wage cut for cricketers, BCB to pay full salaries
- Vaccine for COVID-19 tested in mice
- Bancharampur govt officer tested negative for coronavirus
- 2500 Bangladeshis stuck in India will return after lockdown
- UNO appears with foods after tokai’s phone
- Hanging body recovered of a boy in Habiganj
- All News »
- Coronavirus hospital to be built in Dhaka like China
- School holiday draws to Eid
- Actor Kazi Maruf, his wife infected with coronavirus
- 54 buildings of Mohammadpur under police surveillance
- British PM Boris Johnson infected with coronavirus
- British health secy Hancock test coronavirus positive
- Lawsuit filed against China for coronavirus outbreak
- Alibaba donates Bangladesh 30,000 Covid-19 testing kits
- US actor dies from coronavirus
- BD made ‘Spondon’ to save the life of critical patients
- AC land Sayma Hasan withdrawn
- Coronavirus measures could cause global food shortage, UN warns
- German minister commits suicide over ‘corona crisis worries’
- 15 of 48 corona patient recovered in Bangladesh; No new case
- Corona death mounts to 33,976, infected over .72m
- Cat found infected with coronavirus in Belgium
- Dogs will detect Covid-19!
- First royal dies of coronavirus
- Lessons for secondary level students begins on Sangsad TV
- Malaysia’s King and Queen in quarantine
- Padma Bridge’s last pillar work completed
- Corona death surpasses 24000 (update list)
- 101 yrs old Italian leaves hospital after healing from covid-19
- DSCC to provide one-month meal for 50,000 homeless
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 51
- England plans to return field by early May
- N Korea fires missiles amid coronavirus outbreak
- I’m sorry, some people will die: Brazil’s President
- Corona death toll crosses 40,000; infected over .8 million
- Tendulkar donates Rs 50 lakh to fight coronavirus pandemic