`Gunfight’ kills murder accused in Chuadanga
Published: 12:41 PM, 27 December 2017 Updated: 09:15 PM, 3 January 2018
Kohinur Rahman alias Ketu, 43, who is an alleged member of outlawed Purba Banglar Communist Party (Janajuddho faction), also a murder case accused, was killed in a `gunfight` with police in Chuadanga on early Wednesday.
The deceased, Ketu was a son of Shawkat Ali at Akundapara in Chuadanga Sadar upazila.
Police recovered one revolver, six bullets, six crude bombs and six sharp knives from the spot.
Officer-in-charge (operation) of Chuadanga Sadar Police Station Amir Abbas siad, Ketu was a listed criminal and an accused in six cases including three for murders filed with different police stations in Meherpur and Chuadanga districts.
Ketu was arrested from a hideout of Keraniganj of Dhaka On Tuesday and brought to his home district Chuadanga, the OC added.
OC said that during the interrogation, Ketu admitted about his cache of firearms hidden at Bhalipur village of the district. After getting the information, a team of police went to the spot on Chuadanga-Jhenidah highway where Ketu’s aides opened fire on them, triggering a `gunfight’ between police and the criminals.
Ketu was came in the `line of fire` when he was trying to flee from police custody during the gunfight and died on the spot. The other outlaws managed to flee the scene.
- Major General dismissed for sexual harassment
- Massive cyberattack; List of affected websites
- Issues that will be discussed during Jayashankar’s visit
- Gibraltar rejects US request
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Marium, a lovely animal dies after eating plastic
- New Indonesian capital to be in Jungle?
- How to cook meat faster
- Tourists unhappy over Teknaf`s odor-pollution
- Fatima: The Wonder Lady!
- Rail links with Khulna snapped
- Maududist modern era devil: Agriculture Minister
- ‘Blood Bank of Kaliganj’ saved thousand lives
- ‘Mayaboti’ release date scheduled
- Dressing room rift misinterpreted in media: Mahmudullah
- Humayun for all-side interest on rawhide issue
- Tannery owners to buy rawhide form tomorrow
- JKS for transport workers’ fixed work hrs rein road accident
- How long should Kashmiris wait for peace?
- JnU’s Olympiad winner dies
- Day laborer Dalip Singh became ‘Great Khali’
- Shirin Sharmin to join South Asian Speakers’ Summit
- 1 day after buying bike, youth killed in accident
- Happy birthday Mia Bhai
- Serious health risk in handling taka: research reveals
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Cumilla road crash: 6 of a family among deceased
- Jumps from boat get a divorce!
- DMP files 4,780 cases over traffic violations
- All News »
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- 60pc animal waste of Capital disposed
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- Removal of animal wastes almost completed: DSCC Mayor
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- Keep environment clean to prevent dengue: President
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- 63 Bangladeshi Hajj pilgrims died in Saudi Arabia
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- Last Hajj ritual heralds Eid Al-Azha
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- Flood victims to get 24,000 houses
- `Our prayer for abolition of evil power`
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future
- 8 births recorded during Hajj 2019
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- Kashmir outposts divided over status change
- 2 dead, 3 missing after boat sinks in Jamuna