Gunfight at RAB checkpoint, 1 found dead
Published: 12:26 PM, 21 February 2020
A youth was found shot in a car with huge drugs left by the other two smugglers after a gunfight with members of Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) near a checkpoint in Rupganj of Narayanganj at around 3:30 am last night. Two foreign pistols, two magazines, seven rounds of bullets, a large amount of Phensidyl and marijuana were recovered from the seized car.
The gunfight took place on Thursday night at Kalani area of Daudpur UP on the Asian Highway in the upazila.
Major Abdullah Al Mehedi, the company commander of the Eastern Camp of Rupganj RAB-1 CPC-3, confirmed the matter.
Major Abdullah Al Mehedi said that a checkpoint of RAB-1 was set on the road's in Kalni area on Thursday night. RAB personnel signaled a private car from Gazipur to stop at the checkpoint at 3:30 am. Then people in the car started firing to the RAB. When the RAB opened fire in response, two persons escaped leaving the private car beside the Freedom Fighter Cemetery of Sector 22 in the Kalni area of Purbachal.
The RAB then rescued a young man shot and took him to Rupganj Upazila Health Complex and the doctor declared him dead. RAB seized two foreign pistols, two magazines, seven rounds of bullets, 296 bottles of Phensidyl, 5kg of marijuana, Tk 25,000 and used private car.
The body was sent to Narayanganj General Hospital for the autopsy on Friday morning. The identity of the killed youth could not be ascertained.
Rupganj Police Station Officer-in-Charge Mahmudul Hasan said that RAB-1 handed over two foreign pistols, the bullet-riddled body of a person with a large number of narcotics to the Rupganj police station. Cases have been filed with Rupganj Police Station in this connection.
- Coronavirus death toll rise to 36,912, infected over .76m
- Coronavirus claims over 1200 lives in just 3 hours
- China stays with Bangladesh in war against coronavirus
- Woman dies of dyspnoea, all family members in quarantine
- PM calls 12 ministers-secretaries
- Rice at Tk 30, flour at Tk 18
- Netanyahu in self-isolation after aide tests corona-positive
- Singer Fahmida Nabi in house-arrest in London
- Reason of German minister’s suicide unveiled
- 2 killed in Naogaon road crash
- Indefinite hat-bazar shutdown in Barguna
- Tea-worker family in Quarantine in Kamolganj
- Test your coronavirus infection risk at home
- FBCCI to provide PPE to health service workers
- 40 youths’ great initiative to tackle coronavirus
- Tokyo Olympics pushed back a year
- DC door to door with sack on shoulder
- Pandemic coronavirus death toll crosses 35,000
- MP Jakob donates Tk 25 lakh to Charfashon-Manpura poor
- ICDDRB to test coronavirus
- US-Bangla provides PPE to all hospitals
- Netanyahu`s aide tests positive for coronavirus
- Fire hits 6 houses in Gopalganj
- CUET to remain shut until April 9
- Dhoni set for international retirement!
- Over 500 deaths recorded in US in a day; 21,000 infected
- PM to hold videoconference on coronavirus situation tomorrow
- Coronavirus: India to release 3000 prisoners!
- Woman in quarantine under open sky!
- Woman dies of breathing difficulties in Sunamganj, family quarantined
- All News »
- 147 new deaths reported in a hour, infected 345,289
- Coronavirus hospital to be built in Dhaka like China
- Hantavirus: All you need to know
- Corona death surging to 19000
- Japan claims to develop COVID-19 vaccine
- Coronarvirus infection climbed to 38 million globally
- 54 buildings of Mohammadpur under police surveillance
- British PM Boris Johnson infected with coronavirus
- Actor Kazi Maruf, his wife infected with coronavirus
- One more dies of coronavirus in Bangladesh
- All govt-private institutions closed until April 4
- US actor dies from coronavirus
- Lawsuit filed against China for coronavirus outbreak
- Coronavirus affected nurse kills herself ‘to protect others’
- British health secy Hancock test coronavirus positive
- 3 doctors die of Corona in Philippines
- AC land Sayma Hasan withdrawn
- Coronavirus death toll rises to 17,451
- Spain sees record 514 deaths in one day
- Now man dies from ‘hantavirus’ in China, 32 tested positive
- Alibaba donates Bangladesh 30,000 Covid-19 testing kits
- Gopalganj road crashes kill 2 motorcyclists, injure 26
- India to go into full lockdown from midnight
- Coronavirus death toll rises to 5 in country
- Italy reports 683 more coronavirus deaths
- US lawyer files $20 tn indemnity against China
- Italy registers 59,138 coronavirus cases, 5,476 dead
- Sanitizers free of cost in Bangladesh!
- 11 killed as gunmen attack Sikh religious complex in Kabul
- 15 of 48 corona patient recovered in Bangladesh; No new case