Great danger signal for Ctg-Cox’s Bazar too
Published: 10:40 AM, 20 May 2020 Updated: 01:50 PM, 20 May 2020
Super Cyclone 'Amphan' may cross the coast of Bangladesh by Wednesday evening. Meanwhile, the cyclone has moved about 350 kilometers off the coast of Bangladesh. Great danger signals have been raised again at Chattogram and Cox's Bazar seaports. It has been asked to lower the previous danger signal number 7 and show the great danger signal number 9 instead.
The information was given on the website of the Meteorological Department at 10 am on Wednesday.
Meanwhile, Mongla and Payra seaports have been asked to hoist the great danger signal number 10. The coastal districts of Satkhira, Khulna, Bagerhat, Jhalokati, Pirojpur, Barguna, Patuakhali, Bhola, Barisal, Lakshmipur, Chandpur and their outlying islands and chars will be under danger signal number 10.
This information was given in the special notification No. 31 of the Meteorological Department at 6 am on Wednesday.
At 6 am on Wednesday, the cyclone was reported at, 390 km South-southwest from Mongla seaport and 410 km south-southwest from Payra seaport.
The meteorological department also said that the maximum sustained wind speed within 85 km of the cyclone center is 200 km per hour; which is growing up to 220 km in the form of gusts or gusty winds. The sea is very rough near the cyclone center.
During the cyclone, Satkhira, Khulna, Bagerhat, Jhalokati, Pirojpur, Barguna, Patuakhali, Bhola, Barisal, Lakshmipur, Chandpur, Noakhali, Feni and Chattogram districts and their remote islands and chars may experience very heavy cyclonic storm of 140 to 160 km per hour with heavy to very heavy rainfall. Gusts of wind may blow over the area.
All fishing boats and trawlers stationed in the North Bay and the deep sea have been asked to go to safety immediately. The meteorological department has asked to stay in a safe shelter until further notice.
- 1166 new infected in 24 hrs, 21 die
- Rain likely to increase, signal 3 for maritime ports
- ‘Keyamat Theke Keyamat’ re-airs today
- Miss Universe NZ finalist Amber-Lee Friis found dead at home
- Envoy Group Chairman contracted COVID-19
- Sunbeams School founder Niloufer Manzur succumbs to COVID-19
- Deputy Speaker Fazle Rabbi’s wife dies at 67
- Another 22 infected with coronavirus in Tangail
- Woman gives childbirth at gate as hospital reluctant to admit her
- COVID-19 rapidly surging in Brazil
- Dhaka-returnee 9 months pregnant contracted COVID-19
- WHO suspends hydroxychloroquine’s trial for coronavirus treatment
- 5.1 quake hits Sylhet
- Maritime ports asked to keep hoisted signal 3
- Dr Zafrullah tests positive for coronavirus
- Earthquake of magnitude 5.5 jolts Manipur
- Bangladesh exports 6.5m PPE to US
- Coronavirus deaths toll top 347,000 globally
- Modi phones PM, extends Eid greetings
- President urges affluent to stand by poor
- Holy Eid-ul-Fitr celebrated across country
- Imam dies while offering Eid prayers
- Thousands offer Eid prayers in knee-deep water
- President offers Eid prayers at Bangabhaban
- PM greets FFs with gifts on Eid
- Noble faces RAB interrogation
- Stay home and stay safe: Tamim
- IGP offers Eid prayers at central police mosque
- Google Doodle celebrates Kazi Nazrul Islam’s birthday
- DNCC mayor exchanges Eid greetings with doctors, nurses
- All News »
- ‘Movement Pass’ will be required for movement
- Pak model Zara Abid feared dead in plane crash
- Track of cyclone ‘Amphan’ (Live)
- After ‘Amphan’, there will be ‘Cyclone Nisharga’
- Highest COVID-19 deaths, cases recorded in 24 hrs
- ‘Amphan’ closer to Bangladesh; Great Danger Signal No 10 issued
- 1694 infected in 24hrs, 24 more dead
- Great danger signal for Ctg-Cox’s Bazar too
- ‘Amphan’ likely to hit late night
- Death toll in Pakistan plane crash hits 66
- Super cyclone Amphan claims 9 lives
- 1251 new infected in 24hrs, 21 more dead
- PIA flight with 98 passengers crashes in Pakistan
- Cyclone Amphan: 5-10 foot tall tidal waves likely
- Popular model dead in Pakistan plane crash
- Cyclone Amphan: What Met Office say in special bulletin no 24
- Super Cyclone ‘Amphan’ 700 km near to Bangladesh
- Amphan moving forwards with speed of 245 kmph
- ‘Amphan’ moves 165km towards Bangladesh in a night
- Cyclone Amphan: Live updates
- 1617 new infected in 24hrs, 16 more dead
- Apurba and Tisha ‘Missing’
- 1532 new infected in 24 hrs, 28 die
- Dhaka’s air quality good today
- Cyclone Amphan: Great Danger Signal likely to be issued
- Uber Eats going to be closed in Bangladesh
- Trump calls WHO a puppet of China
- Nushrat wants to get married!
- Online store “Facebook Shops” launched
- Nearly 5000 recover from COVID-19 in country