Great danger signal 10 for Mongla, Payra ports
Published: 09:16 AM, 9 November 2019 Updated: 03:50 PM, 9 November 2019
The very severe cyclonic storm “Bulbul” over the northwest bay and adjoining area moved further northwards and now lies over the same area, said a Met Office special weather bulletin issued on Saturday morning. The cyclonic storm is likely to move in a north or northeasterly direction and may cross West Bengal-Khulna coast (near Sunderban) by this evening, it added.
Maritime ports of Mongla and Payra have been advised to lower danger signal number seven but instead, hoist great danger signal number 10. Coastal districts of Bhola, Borguna, Patuakhali, Barishal, Pirozpur, Jhalokathi, Bagherhat, Khulna, Satkhira and their offshore islands and chars will come under great danger signal number 10.
Besides, maritime port of Chattogram has been advised to lower danger signal number six but instead hoist great danger signal number 9. Coastal districts of Chattogram, Noakhali, Laxmipur, Feni, Chandpur and their offshore islands and chars will come under great danger signal number 9.
The maritime port of Cox’s Bazar has been advised to keep hoisted local warning signal number 4.
The coastal districts of Khulna, Satkhira, Chattogram, Noakhali, Laxmipur, Feni, Chandpur, Borguna, Patuakhali, Barisal, Bhola, Pirozpur, Jhalokathi, Bagerhat and their offshore islands and chars are likely to experience wind speed up to 100-120 kph in gusts or squalls with heavy to very heavy falls during the passage of the storm.
Under the influence of the very severe cyclonic storm “Bulbul” and the moon phase, the low-lying areas of the coastal districts of Chattogram, Noakhali, Laxmipur, Feni, Chandpur, Borguna, Bhola, Patuakhali, Barishal, Pirozpur, Jhalokathi, Bagherhat, Khulna, Satkhira and their offshore islands and chars are likely to be inundated by storm surge of 5-7 feet height above normal astronomical tide.
All fishing boats and trawlers over north bay have been advised to remain in shelter till further notice.
- Fire at Gazipur cotton factory
- Woman killed by truck run over
- Onion cargo flight arrives at Shahjalal airport
- Sri Lankan PM Ranil Wickremesinghe to resign this week
- ‘Stealing train oil is an open secret’
- ‘Govt wants to bring back golden era of film industry’
- Kolkata test tickets for first 4-day sold out
- Rajdhani Super Market fire under control
- 765 arrested for throwing stones in Kashmir
- Father breastfeeding daughter goes viral
- President to attend CUET convocation on Dec 5
- Firefighters couldn`t reach to fire
- Saif ruled out from pink-ball Test
- Pink Ball stories
- Mobile Court fined 2 Chinese restaurants
- Taibur, Razzak claims top spot in NCL
- 5 militants killed during raid in Afghanistan
- Fire breaks out at Rajdhani Super Market
- Students suffer most for workers strike
- Tk 10 lakh rehab-loan for returned expats
- How old Jubo League chairman is?
- Rifat Murder case: Hearing on charge Nov 28
- Asif Akbar gets bail
- NGO worker’s body recovered in Mirzapur
- Mourinho new Tottenham boss
- 11 killed as Israel strikes Iranian targets in Syria
- 106 killed in Iran protests: Amnesty
- RAKUB disbursed Tk 69.11-cr SME loan
- Pumpkin cultivation expanding in Rangpur region
- 81 lakhs ton potato yield likely in Rajshahi
- All News »
- Humayun Ahmed’s first wife Gultekin married again
- 7 teams announced for Bangabandhu BPL
- Incredible! - ‘This picture is hand-painted!’
- Swechchhasebok League’s council today
- Eight allegations of genocide against Myanmar
- Building collapsed in Ctg gasline blast: 7 killed, 25 injured
- After ‘Bulbul’, now cyclone ‘Nakri’ forming in Bay
- Case filed against Suu Kyi at Argentina court
- 7 bogies of Rangpur Express derail; fire at 3
- Messi on target as Argentina beat Brazil
- Fire breaks out at Rajdhani Super Market
- Graduation at 9!
- Tigers opt to bat
- PM seeks larger UAE investment in Bangladesh
- Bangladeshi scientist discover `Chives` alternative to onion
- Myanmar genocide case hearing next month: UN court
- Bangabandhu BPL players draft starts
- Dhaka rope Mashrafe, Tamim
- PM blames Ziaur Rahman for Rohingya crisis
- BPL Players’ draft: Who in which team
- 43 Students received ‘Quran’ as gift
- Bangladesh now a beggar-free country; says Quader
- Writ seeking Tk 10 cr compensation for Abrar’s family
- International Men’s Day today
- Swechchhasebok League gets new President, GS
- Abrar murder: Chargesheet submitted against 25
- Srijit’s talks on marriage with Mithila
- Sand-laden vessel sinks in Meghna being hit by launch: 3 missing
- Happy Birthday to legend of Bengali Literature
- Malaysia to hire Bangladeshi workers at low cost