Grandmother gives birth as surrogate for son and his husband
Published: 01:54 PM, 3 April 2019
A 61-year-old woman has given birth to her own granddaughter in the United States after serving as a surrogate for her son and his husband.
The woman, Cecile Eledge, from Nebraska, had been through menopause but was nonetheless approved for surrogacy, reports local media.
She volunteered to carry the child for nine months and give birth in order to help her son, Matthew Eledge, and his husband, Elliot Dougherty, become parents.
The couple told media that the birth of their first child was possible due to the “selfless women” in their lives.
The egg was donated by Dougherty’s sister.
Doctors fertilized the egg using Eledge’s sperm, and the embryo was then implanted in his mother’s womb.
Eledge gave birth to a baby girl, named Uma, last week at the Nebraska Medical Centre in Omaha.
- Attacks on Cops: 2 Neo JMB men held
- 10 killed in India gas cylinder blast
- BUET admission test underway
- Sourav Ganguly set to be president of BCCI
- Voting in 8 Upazilas underway
- Portugal, France, England to play tonight
- Woman given ‘Talaq’ for alcohol, short dress!
- Muhammad (PBUH) urges people for marriage
- Woman gives birth to 5 babies simultaneously!
- US Gymnast Simone breaks World Championships medals record
- FB researchers using Maths for better translations
- Golakata Mosque: Where tenants were beheaded
- Neymar gets injured again as Brazil draw with Nigeria
- Ecuador protest talks set for Sunday as capital locks down
- Minister warns boosting surveillance in every edu inst
- IU admission tests schedule published
- CUET admission test held
- India set new record with test series over Proteas
- Quader opposes ban on student politics
- Kamal askes ADB help on Rohingya issue
- 4,000 cases filed over traffic irregularities
- GM accused in 54 cases arrested
- Ministry declares 22 days coaching shut
- 28 arrested in anti-drug drive
- ‘Banking sector needs urgent reformation’
- Bangladesh U-19 seal series 4-1
- Two buses race claim pedestrian life
- Delicious ‘Quail roast in coconut milk’
- News of engagement abolished is baseless: Jolly
- Oscar-winning actress arrested
- All News »
- Unseen ‘Miss World Bangladesh’ Rafah
- Abrar murder: First confession by Ifti
- Unrest in BUET over Abrar murder
- Abrar murder: BUET students place 8-point demand
- Zion gives 2nd confessional statement in Abrar murder case
- One held over Buet student Abrar murder
- Abrar murder: 9 BCL men held, case filed against 19
- Abrar laid to rest
- Abrar’s roommate Mizan held
- Execrable ‘Hope Diamond’
- The king who rose from the dead
- Abrar murder: Amit, Toha on 5-day remand
- Abrar murder: 10 accused remanded for five days
- Abrar Murder: Amit Shaha of room-2011 held
- A tale of Titanic survivor Elsie Bowerman
- Buet students place fresh 10-point demand
- The female Pharaoh who ruled by wearing false beards
- MBBS admission test today
- BUET VC at campus in students protest
- Pakistan faces Sri Lanka in 2nd T20I today
- Serial killer Samuel murdered at least 50: FBI
- China`s first polar observation satellite supports polar research
- The lake that turns life to stone!
- Bangladesh face Qatar in FIFA WC Qualifying
- Typhoon Hagibis: 11 killed in Japan
- Swedish King removes grandchildren from royal house
- Lake of No Return: A trap of death
- Bluewater cannot enter Shah Bukhari’s shrine
- S.Africa court rules Zuma must face corruption trial
- Buet’s Sher-e-Bangla Hall provost resigns