Graduation at 9!
Published: 06:09 PM, 15 November 2019
Laurent Simons, a 9-year-old wonder child from Belgium is on course to gain a bachelor's degree. Currently, he is studying Electrical Engineering at the Eindhoven University of Technology (TUE).
Addressing him as “simply extraordinary,” a staff said, Laurent is on course to finish his degree in December.
Laurent’s father told CNN that he has a plan to embark on a PhD program in electrical engineering while also studying for a medicine degree.
His parents, Lydia and Alexander Simons, said they thought Laurent's grandparents were exaggerating when they said he had a gift, but his teachers soon concurred.
Laurent was given test after test as teachers tried to work out the extent of his talents. “They told us he is like a sponge,” said his father.
While Laurent comes from a family of doctors, his parents have so far not received any explanation as to why their child prodigy is capable of learning so quickly.
The TUE authority has allowed Laurent to complete his course faster than other students.
“That is not unusual,” said Sjoerd Hulshof, Education Director of the TUE bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, in a statement.
“Special students that have good reasons for doing so can arrange an adjusted schedule,” the statement also said.
- Merkel visits Auschwitz for first time
- No change in post of AL president in next council: Quader
- Mithila-Srijit’s honeymoon to Switzerland
- Rebels kill 17 in eastern Congo
- Shakhawat, Rokeya win silver in SAG weightlifting
- Mithila tie knot with Srijit
- Myanmar Navy handed over 17 Bangladeshi fishermen
- Saudi Aramco raises $25.6 billion in biggest-ever IPO
- Cosmos Dialogue on Bangladesh-Canada trade tomorrow
- Gas supply to stay shut in Farmgate, Shukrabad tomorrow
- Radish’s ‘Jafrani kabab’
- Minister laid Press Club building foundation stone in Kaliakair
- ‘No one will be exempted involving corruption’
- Bogura Zilla Awami League council tomorrow
- BNP’s behaviour in court unpardonable: Quader
- RAB detained 3 members of snatcher cycle
- Bangladeshi archers shine on opening day
- Modi, Pranab, Sonia to join Bangabandhu`s birth centenary
- Agriculture Minister inaugurates ‘Krisoker Bazar’
- Three TV channels to broadcast BPL opening ceremony live
- Pancake without eggs!
- Language movement-liberation war’s colorful paintings on wall
- Child body recover from pond
- Giant ‘Tiger Shark’ caught in Chattogram
- ACC detained 2 civil aviation officials
- Pele’s last Brazil jersey sells for 30,000 euros in Italy
- 23 kidnapped from Mexican rehab clinic
- Bangladesh to honour 380 Indian soldiers: FM
- New South Wales bushfires condition worsen
- Hemayet 5th World Carrom rankings
- All News »
- ‘Bangla’ recognized as 2nd official language in London
- Mohammed Rezwan, floating school innovator named as ‘Earth Hero’
- Physician couple in Dr Baker’s place, serving poor people
- VP Nur’s phone talks leaked
- ‘No Dorai’ released at 8 halls
- Srijit-Mithila’s wedding today
- Get about newly elected Metropolitan AL leaders
- Trump makes surprise visit to Afghanistan
- 2 Jabale Nur drivers among 3 get life-term
- PM opens AL’s Dhaka City units council
- Messi bags Ballon d’Or for record sixth time
- 7 dead in small plane crash in Canada
- Adequate vegetables in market, onion prices still not fall
- ‘Bangabandhu Express’ to run from victory day
- Shaon in bridal dress!
- BD scientist photo likely in UK currency soon
- UN chief says humanity’s ‘war against nature’ must stop
- Video app TikTok unblocks teen who posted on China`s Muslims
- Sunny Leone’s ‘Hello G’
- Siam’s new look in ‘Ittefaq’
- Bridge attacker jailed for terror crimes: UK police
- Truck loaded with 40-ton onion missing
- PM flies to Spain on Sunday to join COP25
- ‘Daughter in admissions scandal’ Olivia returns to YouTube
- Kushtia double murder case: 4 to die, 7 get life term
- ‘Hotath Bristi’ actress June Malia gets married
- COP25 island nation in `fight to death`
- Shakib elected Player of the Year even after ban
- Euro-2020: Match schedule
- Flower blooms with Azan