Govt working to create 11.5 million jobs: Tipu
Published: 10:24 PM, 6 March 2019
Terming Chattogram as the economic life line of the country, Commerce Minister Tipu Munshi today urged private entrepreneurs to supplement the Prime Minister’s plan to create employment opportunities for 11.5 million people.
The minister said that the government led by Bangabandhu’s daughter Sheikh Hasina has been relentlessly working to achieve the export target of $60 billion by 2021.
Tipu said that at present the annual export of the country stood at over $34 billion and was increasing at the rate of 12.5 per cent per annum.
The commerce minister called upon entrepreneurs of the private sector to play a proactive role to further accelerate the country’s economic growth and lift the country’s present economic status to a developed one from a developing position. “We are confident that Bangladesh will achieve this growth due to its policy, dynamic private sector, strong economic foundation and strategic location,” he said.
The minister said this while speaking as chief guest at the inaugural ceremony of the month long 27th “Chattogram International Trade Fair-2019” (CITF-2019) at Bangabandhu Conference Hall of the World Trade Centre that kicked off here today (Wednesday).
Organised under the auspices of Chattogram Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CCCI), Tipu termed the CCCI as a century-old business organization.
He said prospect of Blue Economy is immense and its activities must centre around Chattogram and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina recently inaugurated Bangabandhu tunnel under the River Karnaphuli to that end.
Responding to various demands of CCCI, the minister said steps will be taken to include representatives from CCCI into the board of directors of Chattogram Port Authority.
CITF-2019 convenor and CCCI vice president Nurun Nowaz Selim gave the welcome speech, while CCCI president Mahbubul Alam presided over the function.
The inaugural function was addressed, among others, by Deputy Minister for Education Mohibul Hasan Chowdhury Nowfel and CCCI vice-president Sayed Zamal Ahmed.
Mohibul Hasan Chowdhury Nowfel stressed on decentralization of administration for relieving sufferings of businessmen and expanding business.
Over 450 local and foreign stalls, including 22 premier gold pavilions, two premier pavilions, 180 premier mega stalls, 10 premier gold stalls, six standard stalls, have been set up at the fair venue covering an area of four lakh square feet at the Railway Polo Ground.
Some of the leading industrial enterprises from China, Thailand, Iran, and India will participate in the fair.
The CCCI authority has been organizing the fair since 1993 and it got wide publicity by the Bangladesh missions abroad, foreign missions in Bangladesh and different trade bodies and globally famous trade web sites.
The fair will remain open to visitors from 10 am to 10 pm, every day, till April 6, 2019.
- German arms export freeze on Saudi Arabia extended
- 6 arrested in Bagha border with Indian citizens
- Argentina court approves hijab!
- Finally suspension order of Zinia withdrawn
- 60 marks exam must to be BCL leaders
- Pygmy: The forest lovers
- Codex Gigas: The Devil’s Bible
- Tree plantation program held at IU
- Rabab Fatima appointed Bangladesh’s envoy to UN
- Dope test for bus drivers from Dec 1
- Ashura reminds Islam is integral part of the Abrahamic tradition
- CIP cards handover to 182 businessmen
- Bangladesh in Tri-Nation T20 final
- Bangladesh Bank upsurges ADR
- BSEC approves Standard Bank’s bond
- Fire in Liberia’s school kills over 27 children
- ‘Independent supreme court’ of Facebook
- RAB sealed `Golden Dhaka Bangladesh` casino
- Iran threatens to invade US with all
- Kashmiris night out on trees in raid panic
- Tea: wonderful natural beauty elements
- Vulgar message from Popy`s ID!
- Pakistan refuses Modi’s German flight over land
- Juba League leader Khaled arrested
- Tigers post 175/7 against Zimbabwe
- Solution to disputes with GP, Robi in 3 weeks: FnM
- 142 held over police raid in capital`s Young Men’s club casino
- Marriage in police station after rape: OC Obaidul dismissed
- Ira Khan casts brother Junaid to debut play Medea
- Mehazabien reacted on social media
- All News »
- Mahi’s 33 and Tisha’s 22
- Paris court finds Saudi princess guilty
- ADB country director praises PM’s planned development initiatives
- Blanche Monnier spent 25 yrs locked up just for love
- Germany criticizes Netanyahu’s annexation plan
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- White House: A monstrous residence
- Self-made billionaire Jack Ma, who was rejected from 30 jobs
- 18 yrs of 9/11, worst terrorist attack in history
- Myths and controversies of Taj Mahal
- Saudi reduces Hajj-Umrah visa fee
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- U-19 Asia Cup final: Bangladesh vs India Saturday
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- ‘BNP’s many leaders are hired’
- Rastafari, a religion that developed against “Whites”
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- ‘Mayaboti’ to release 22 theaters tomorrow
- Taliban seizes more land after failed peace talks
- Young Tigers thrash India, target 107
- Padma Bridge’s toll yet to be decided: Quader
- Mystery reveals after query actress Shimla
- Jennifer Lopez steals money and shows in ‘Hustlers’
- PM to receive ‘Dr Kalam Smriti Int’l Excellence Awards ‘19’
- 12 sailors missing as lighter ship capsizes in Bay of Bengal
- Amitabh was victim to marry Jaya!
- ACC director Yusuf’s wife burnt in fire dies