Govt will identify 30 lakh martyrs: PM
Published: 08:36 PM, 19 June 2019 Updated: 08:51 PM, 19 June 2019
The parliament leader and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has highlighted the government's plan to identify thirty lakh mass martyrs in the Liberation War.
The Premier said “After collecting the data through the Ministry of Liberation War about the freedom fighters who participated in the liberation war, the government has created a database and published it on the website. But in the 9-month war, three million people lost their lives across the country. It was not possible to identify all of these people. The government has plans to take steps to identify them in the future.”
Sheikh Hasina said this in the on the question-answer period of the 11th Parliament’s 1st budget season on Wednesday afternoon.
In response to the question of the ruling party MP, Asim Kumar Ukil, Sheikh Hasina said that if any freedom fighter is left out of the published list, then they can be included in the list identified.
The parliament leader said that as part of the grand list, the full list of 5,795 martyrs, name and address detailed has been published on the website of the Information Ministry. Among them, 2,922 Gazetted civilian martyrs, 1,628 members of the Armed Forces, 832 of BGB and 424 are the gazetted Shahid Police.
Sheikh Hasina said “Our government has been working sincerely to save the memory of the mass graves of the freedom fighters, who were killed by the Pakistani occupation forces and their local collaborators in 1971. A comprehensive project has been implemented to identify mass graves across the country.” A total of 281 mass graves will be preserved and developed through a project taken out of an estimated expenditure of Tk 442 crore 40 lakhs, the house leader also informed.
- Third prime accused Rishan Farazi held
- Hearing on writ challenges rickshaw ban today
- Writ filed seeking compensation of Tk 1cr for victim
- PM inaugurates ‘National Fisheries Week-2019’
- Water level of Jamuna rises, 50 villages flooded
- Elon Musk wants to merge human brains with AI
- New EvilGnome Backdoor Spies on Linux Users, Steals Their Files
- Message in a bottle written 50 yrs ago found in Australia
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- Ershad wasn`t just my brother but teacher: GM Quader
- Old Dhaka building collapse: Father-Son’s bodies recovered
- Inzamam to step down as Pakistan chief selector
- Modeling early meteorite impacts on the moon
- Did Leonardo da Vinci have ADHD?
- ‘I am innocent’; claimed ex-OC Moazzem
- Kholi losing captaincy!
- 20 thou people victim in Patgram road collapse
- ICC breakes silence over overthrow controversy
- 100pc pass in Adamjee College
- PM urges PGR for highest professional sacrifice
- Saudi stops drone thrown by Yemeni rebels
- HSC examinee suicide crushed under train
- First child born in `Madina`
- ‘My Masud appointed as Police’
- Sadarghat building collapse: Father-Son missing
- Boys in GPA 5, girls ahead in pass rate
- Chattogram range`s best OC Jahidul Kabir
- Quatar WC qualifiers: Bangladesh in Group E
- Nusrat got ‘A’ grade but fail!
- Ex-Songazi OC Moazzem indicted
- All News »
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Happy Birthday Purnima
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- HM Ershad passes away
- Two siblings drown in Shariatpur pond
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Ishana announced to leave media after getting married
- NZ to face England in 12th ICC World Cup final
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Queen Maxima and banking for the grassroots!
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- Rifat murder: Another one detained
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- Rail link with Rajshahi snapped
- Barcelona sign Atletico Madrid forward Griezmann
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- 8 detained for ‘spreading rumor’ over Padma Bridge
- Flood situation worsened in Lalmonirhat
- Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque
- Senior sports journalist Ajay Barua dies
- Mango-laden truck falls into ditch, kills 2
- Torrential rain marooned 30,000 people in Bandarban
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Drug trader killed in Teknaf gunfight
- England face Australia in high-voltage semis today
- Bangladesh makes significant stride in poverty reduction: UN