Govt will continue patronizing ‘Baul’ songs: Hasan
Published: 09:15 PM, 3 March 2019
Information Minister Dr Hasan Mahmud said today that the government’s patronization in further spreading the spirit of ‘Baul’ songs would continue to remain as the core essence of the songs depicts non-communal spirit.
“Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman liberated the country nurturing the non-communal spirit. He liked and respected the ‘Baul’ songs. Bangabandhu’s daughter Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina also respected the songs,” he said, speaking at the closing ceremony of the three-day International Baul Festival at Shilpakala Academy here.
State Minister for Fisheries and Livestock Ashraf Ali Khan Khasru and former lawmaker Rozi Kabir addressed the function as special guests with Baul Tori founder president Sheikh Mafizur Rahman in the chair.
At the outset of his speech, Hasan sought doa for ailing Awami League General Secretary and Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader.
Hasan, also the publicity and publication secretary of Awami League, gave importance to protecting our own culture from the aggression of the satellite culture. “The Baul song is our own culture. The song speaks of life,” he added.
- Today’s sports on TV
- Bus kills 9 months’ kid with mum
- Coronavirus Global survey: 2363 died, 78 thousand infected
- Father shots lightning bird, son takes responsibility to cure
- AL leader shot dead in Bandarban
- 2 drug traders held in Dinajpur
- Teenager electrocuted in Chakaria
- Top terrorist Zisan’s close aide Shakil held
- Worshiping Trump’s idol!
- FBCCI favor trade with China continues
- Naeem credits Taijul for his success
- ‘Very enthusiastic people aggravating coronavirus’
- Harsh condition of healthcare in Sarankhola
- Elderly man killed in Noakhali road accident
- Cristiano Ronaldo set to make 1,000th
- Shakib Khan’s new actress Salwa!
- Elderly man killed in tractor-nachimon collision
- Nirbhaya case convicts to be hanged on March 3
- Bangladesh emerges as self-dignified country under Sheikh Hasina
- Road reformed with kerosene spray!
- Daulatdia brothel gets namaz-e-janaza for third time
- Sammy to receive honorary citizenship of Pakistan
- Schoolgirl takes poison for lover’s weeding
- Sri Lanka win by 1 wicket in vacillate 1st ODI
- Ryanair boss criticized for Muslim profiling comments
- Maulana Mehmood Madani to visit Dhaka
- Sufi Mizan: A hawker for social service
- Bangabandhu Book Corner for all primary schools
- Pension within 3-day of bill submission
- Man detained with large number yaba
- All News »
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Good news to honey farmers
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Mother with dead daughter in VR show
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- 14 children among 22 killed in Cameroon massacre
- Coronavirus: Elderly and sick are most at risk
- Wuhan hospital chief dies of coronavirus
- Israeli soldiers duped by Hamas
- 3 children among 4 dead in ‘horrific’ Australia car fire
- Padma Bridge’s 25th span to be installed on Language Day
- Corona in Singapore: Another Bangladeshi identified