Govt undertakes Tk 2,210-crore project for e-judiciary
Published: 07:10 PM, 28 December 2018 Updated: 07:29 PM, 28 December 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
The Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs Ministry has taken a Tk 2,210 crore project aiming to introduce e-judiciary in the country.
“The money will be allotted to introduction of digital system to make the justice system efficient and transparent, making the administrative and justice system automated for judiciary, establishing e-courtroom, increasing ICT-related knowledge for judges, lawyers and concerned officials,” an official release said.
The project was approved at a recent meeting of the project evaluation committee at the Planning Commission. The project is now waiting to get approval of the Executive Committee of National Economic Council (ECNEC).
The main objectives of the project include the development of enterprise architecture for the judiciary, development of enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, establishment of virtual private network (VPN) for all the offices under judicial system, up gradation of data centre of law and justice division, up gradation of data centre of the Supreme Court and establishment of network operation centre, transformation of a total of 1400 courtrooms across 64 districts into e-courtrooms.
Under the project, 63 micro data centers will be set up in 63 districts, interconnection between data centers of law and justice division and Supreme Court will be established and 2,000 tabs or laptops will be distributed among the judges.
The record rooms will be made automated, the old case records will be digitized, records and verdicts of old cases will be preserved in digital system and recording testimonies through videoconferencing system will be introduced.
Officials at the Law Ministry said a total of 170 people will be appointed to implement the project.
The government has already supplied computer or laptops along with internet connections to all the courts or tribunals to ensure justice for people in minimum time and at minimum cost.
It has also introduced Digital Display Board in the courts of 13 districts, including the Supreme Court.
- Dustbin at hospital’s entrance
- Rifat’s body on way to Barguna
- HM declares stern action against Rifat’s killers
- ‘Bangabandhu struggled whole life for two purposes’
- Those who stood, mainly blocked our way: Rifat’s wife
- Issue alert on boarder: HC to IGP
- Rohit falls early as India bat first
- Hackers steal data from telecoms: cyber firm
- Rural women making own fortune in Rangpur region
- Temperature may fall further
- New Silex malware bricks 2000 plus IoT devices
- Deputy Attorney Generals appointed before 2017 asked to resign
- Barguna murder: HC seeks info about ‘action’ taken within noon
- Rape accused killed in Sitakunda gunfight
- 1 held over brutal murder of Barguna man
- Mahbubur to die for killing Ranada Prasad Shaha
- How US aggressively flexed its cyber warfare powers under Trump
- US carried out cyberattacks on Iran: reports
- UN warns of telecom blackout cover for Myanmar military abuses
- Verdict on Ranada Prasad Shaha murder case today
- Say Alhamdulillah
- Young hacked to death for a hundred bucks
- Clean tech fair begins promoting environment friendly metals
- Balakot air strikes planner new R&AW chief now
- Gayle confirms retirement plans are on hold
- Democrats seeks $4.5bn aid for boarder migrants
- Nusrat murder case: Death threat to witnesses
- Two youth electrocuted in Bogura
- Expatriate to jail praying bail
- Trump warns any conflict with Iran `wouldn`t last long`
- All News »
- General Aziz - A Dedicated Golfer Army Chief
- Sarafa Infotech’s new director Soroj Mehedi
- AL to make it`s 70th anniversary memorable
- Mushfiqur`s ton in vain as Bangladesh lost to Australia
- ‘No Dorai’: Surfing base film with Chatgaiya language
- No exempt, although it is MP-Minister’s house: Rezaul
- PM inaugurates environment fair, tree plantation campaign & tree fair
- Say Alhamdulillah
- 3 farmers killed in Natore road crash
- Hajj cost in Bangladesh less than India: Minister
- 2 female RMG workers’ bodies recovered in Ashulia
- Happy birthday to football magician Messi
- Boat capsizes at Sadarghat: two minors’ body recovered
- Take development schemes protecting environment: PM
- Arrest warrant against Pran’s MD
- Female UP member hacked to death in N’ganj
- Williamson ton, Grandhomme power New Zealand in thriller
- Malaysia calls for ‘justice’ for Rohingyas
- Gold, Diamond, Silver gets validation in fair
- Fire at Cumilla EPZ
- PM’s China visit in July; plan to boost bilateral ties
- UN praises Bangladesh peacekeepers
- Primary recruit exam: 6 held over fake question trafficking
- ‘King of Pop’ Michael’s 10th death anniv today
- Habiganj municipality by-election underway
- Birth anniversary of poet Sufia Kamal today
- Argentina and Qatar set for crucial Copa America match
- Kulaura train crash: Three deceased identified
- Rail communication to be normal by evening: Secy
- Heartbreaking photo of dead migrants stirs outrage