Govt to introduce health insurance for all: PM
Published: 07:09 PM, 19 June 2019 Updated: 08:52 PM, 19 June 2019
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina told the Jatiya Sangsad that the government has a plan to introduce health insurance for ensuring healthcare services to all.
“The present Awami League government has a plan to introduce health insurance for ensuring healthcare services for the countrymen,” she said while replying to a tabled question from a Jatiya Party MP Md. Rustum Ali Faraji, from Pirojpur-3 constituency with Speaker Dr Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury in the chair.
“As part of the plan, health insurance has already been introduced at Madhupur, Ghatail and Kalihati upazilas in Tangail on a pilot basis to ensure healthcare services to the poor people of the localities,” she said.
Sheikh Hasina, also President of the ruling Awami League and leader of the house, said her government has formulated ‘Healthcare Financing Strategy 2012-2032’ for ensuring universal healthcare services.
In this context, she also said that the government has taken a pilot project SSK (Shasthyo Surokhsha Karmasuchi- Social Health Protection Scheme) in line with the strategy to give free healthcare services to the poor people for ensuring universal healthcare services.
“Under the SSK, the family members living under the poverty line at Kalihati, Ghatail and Madhupur upazilas of Tangail district have been imparting healthcare services free of cost for 78 admit-able diseases,” the Premier said adding, “The SSK activities will be extended to all over the country once the pilot project is achieved a success.”
The Prime Minister said that registration of 27,841 families in Kalihati, 27,232 families in Ghatail and 26,455 families in Madhupur of Tangail district has already been completed while 27,841, 26,218 and 27,118 SSK cards have already been distributed among the poor people of Kalihati, Madhupur and Ghatail upazilas respectively to facilitate them with free healthcare services.
In this context, she said the work of the automation of SSK has already been started, hoping that activities of the SSK automation will start this month.
“The government has a plan to bring the entire country under the health insurance coverage aimed at giving medicine and treatment to the people following recommendations of the pilot project regarding health insurance under the Health Economics unit,” the Premier said.
“A project titled “Social Health Insurance Project” for laborers of RMG and tea gardens with the assistance of KOIKA has already been prepared,” she added.
- Third prime accused Rishan Farazi held
- Hearing on writ challenges rickshaw ban today
- Writ filed seeking compensation of Tk 1cr for victim
- PM inaugurates ‘National Fisheries Week-2019’
- Water level of Jamuna rises, 50 villages flooded
- Elon Musk wants to merge human brains with AI
- New EvilGnome Backdoor Spies on Linux Users, Steals Their Files
- Message in a bottle written 50 yrs ago found in Australia
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- Ershad wasn`t just my brother but teacher: GM Quader
- Old Dhaka building collapse: Father-Son’s bodies recovered
- Inzamam to step down as Pakistan chief selector
- Modeling early meteorite impacts on the moon
- Did Leonardo da Vinci have ADHD?
- ‘I am innocent’; claimed ex-OC Moazzem
- Kholi losing captaincy!
- 20 thou people victim in Patgram road collapse
- ICC breakes silence over overthrow controversy
- 100pc pass in Adamjee College
- PM urges PGR for highest professional sacrifice
- Saudi stops drone thrown by Yemeni rebels
- HSC examinee suicide crushed under train
- First child born in `Madina`
- ‘My Masud appointed as Police’
- Sadarghat building collapse: Father-Son missing
- Boys in GPA 5, girls ahead in pass rate
- Chattogram range`s best OC Jahidul Kabir
- Quatar WC qualifiers: Bangladesh in Group E
- Nusrat got ‘A’ grade but fail!
- Ex-Songazi OC Moazzem indicted
- All News »
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Happy Birthday Purnima
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- HM Ershad passes away
- Two siblings drown in Shariatpur pond
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Ishana announced to leave media after getting married
- NZ to face England in 12th ICC World Cup final
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Queen Maxima and banking for the grassroots!
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- Rifat murder: Another one detained
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- Rail link with Rajshahi snapped
- Barcelona sign Atletico Madrid forward Griezmann
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- 8 detained for ‘spreading rumor’ over Padma Bridge
- Flood situation worsened in Lalmonirhat
- Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque
- Senior sports journalist Ajay Barua dies
- Mango-laden truck falls into ditch, kills 2
- Torrential rain marooned 30,000 people in Bandarban
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Drug trader killed in Teknaf gunfight
- England face Australia in high-voltage semis today
- Bangladesh makes significant stride in poverty reduction: UN