Govt takes 5 decisions to open educational institutions
Published: 07:10 PM, 26 August 2021 Updated: 07:11 PM, 26 August 2021
The government has taken a five-point decision to open educational institutions soon. The decisions were taken in a virtual meeting chaired by Education Minister Dr. Dipu Moni on Thursday.
This information was given in a press release of the Ministry of Education after the meeting.
The decisions are –
1. According to international standards, if the COVID infection rate is below 5 percent, educational institutions can be opened. However, in the context of Bangladesh, where students are always in family gatherings, the technical committee’s consultation will be taken whether the educational institutions can be opened if considering the infection rate between 5-10 percent.
2. Although the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Primary and Mass Education have finalized the school reopening plan, it will be finalized within the next 7 days in consultation with the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS).
3. After the opening of the educational institutions, a monitoring cell will be formed in each institution to ensure the proper observance of hygiene rules and a report will be prepared daily. For this, a guideline will be prepared within the next seven days.
4. Within seven days at the university level, all the universities will prepare a list of all the students who have already been vaccinated, registered for vaccination, have not registered for vaccination but has NID and those who do not have NID but already crossed 18 years of age and will send it to the Ministry of Education.
The Ministry of Education will talk to the Election Commission (EC) about getting NID as soon as possible for those who do not have NID but are over 18.
Vaccination of all students at the university level will then be ensured by the end of September. University authorities will then decide whether to reopen the university.
5. The joint meeting will be held again on Wednesday, September 2. The final decision on opening the educational institution will be taken at the joint meeting and it will be informed to the media.
Education Minister Dr. Dipu Moni was present at the virtual meeting chaired by the State Minister for Primary and Mass Education Md. Zakir Hossain,
Deputy Education Minister Md. Mohibul Hasan Chowdhury, University Grants Commission (UGC) chairman Dr. Kazi Shahidullah, secretaries and representatives of the concerned ministries and others were present in the meeting.