Govt not liable for class I-IV question paper leaks!
Published: 09:20 PM, 20 December 2017
parliamentThe chief of a parliamentary panel on Wednesday claimed that the government was not liable for the leaks of question papers of class I to IV.
Motahar Hossain, who heads parliamentary standing committee on the primary and mass education ministry, made the claim in the wake of allegations and criticism that the government failed to stop question paper leaks in public examinations, and admission and recruitment tests in recent times.
“As the question papers of calss I-IV are prepared at the upazila level, the government is not responsible for the leaks,” he argued while briefing newsmen at a media centre at the Jatiya Sangsad (national assembly).
Committee member AKM Jahangir echoed the committee chief, saying that the ministry had no authority over preparation of the question papers of the first four classes at the primary level. "These question papers are prepared by upazila teachers’ associations," added Jahangir Hossain.
A former state minister for the same ministry, Motahar Hossain said they had no idea how question papers for examinations of grade I-IV were leaked.
He, however, mentioned that the parliamentary standing committee had directed the authorities concerned to take proper measures to address the issue.
A ruling party member of parliament from northern Lalmonirhat district, Motahar shared his experiences that as a state minister he bought a few sets of question papers of the primary school completion (PSC) examinations, but none of them matched the original ones.
He recalled that he had passed his secondary school (matriculation at that time) in 1965 when there were allegations of question paper leaks as well.
- Jersey City gun battle leaves 6 dead, incl police officer
- US tightens sanctions on Myanmar army chief
- Bangabandhu BPL’s opening match today
- All flights at Shahjalal to be closed for 2.2 hrs today
- 2.7-km to be visible
- ADB to provide US$ 540m for human resource development
- Bijoy Mela begins in Ctg
- Premier Div Chess: Saif SC, Police share top slot
- Both Challengers, Thunder upbeat to start BPL with victory
- Brazilian president hails launching of Sino-Brazilian satellite
- 18th span of Padma Bridge to be installed tomorrow
- Turkey says ready to send troops to back Libya unity govt
- What should be said while entering house
- No room for anti-liberation forces in AL: Quader
- HC summons Sakhipur UNO, OC
- Int’l badminton tournament dedicating to Bangabandhu begins
- Two children drown in Kurigram
- Ethiopian PM Abiy Ahmed receives Nobel Peace Prize
- ECNEC okays 7 projects
- BBPL will miss Shakib: Russell
- Kamal urges all to engage more in tax, VAT payment
- 1mn more jobs in ICT sector within 5 yrs: Palak
- Enjoy BPL in 10 countries apart from Bangladesh
- NASA chief gets latest look at new moon rocket
- Miraz braces for two challenges in BBPL
- RAB detained 5 brokers from hospital
- The old man died of heart attack during buy onions
- Qatar`s Emir Sheikh Tamim skips Gulf summit in Saudi Arabia
- Suu Kyi sat frozen in ICJ
- Prisoner militants need deradicalization: IGP
- All News »
- Salman-Katrina arrive Dhaka
- Bangladeshi student secures top position in Bar at law
- Tahsan marry to Shaon!
- Srijit-Mithila’s wedding today
- Three TV channels to broadcast BPL opening ceremony live
- VP Nur’s phone talks leaked
- Mithila’s name changed after wedding
- Salman-Katrina to inebriate BPL stage
- Mithila tie knot with Srijit
- Srijit-Mithila’s honeymoon picture goes viral
- ‘Hotath Bristi’ actress June Malia gets married
- Rumpa’s ‘boyfriend’ Saikat on 4-day remand
- Trump calls Canada`s Trudeau `two-faced`
- Miss South Africa crowns Miss Universe 2019
- Romantic song featuring Siam-Pori Moni’s chemistry!
- 4 killed in Florida police shootout over armed robbery
- Former England captain Bob Willis dies
- Salman pays tributes to Bangabandhu
- Mithila-Srijit’s honeymoon to Switzerland
- 3 of same family incl couple killed in Tangail road crash
- E-passport within 3 days!
- US House passed sanctions on China over Uighur issue
- Rights groups call for Myanmar boycott
- Storm over new black hole issue
- 58 dead as migrant boat sinks off Mauritania coast
- Pele’s last Brazil jersey sells for 30,000 euros in Italy
- France shuts down: Mass strike hits trains, Eiffel Tower
- Holy Fateha-e-Yazdaham today
- `Miss Pakistan` killed in a car crash
- TikTok sued in US over alleged China data transfer