Google doodle celebrates December festivities
Published: 12:40 PM, 21 December 2017
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Google on Monday announced the arrival of the festive season of December with a series of interactive doodles marking the global holiday season. The series will continue till 1 January, 2018.
December means family and holiday travel, and Google`s -- `Tis the season -- features a new series about a family of birds travelling south.
Two penguins, a "pair of slippery-footed siblings", have been introduced with a set of seasonal candles. They are "excited to spend time with their warm-weather relatives", a toucan and a parrot, according to Google.
"Stay tuned over the next couple of weeks to see what kind of fun this feathery family has in store," the post said.
The first slide shows the penguin-siblings telephoning their parrot pal living in the more vibrant, tropical region.
The second slide shows the penguins packing their suitcases inside their icy igloo for a trip to meet their friends.
The doodle`s final panel includes a past photo of the reunited family as well as a pile of wrapped gifts that hint at the series` next installments -- 25 December, Christmas Day; 31 December, New Year`s Eve and finally, 1 January, New Year`s Day -- that will pick up the penguins` adventures as they travel to warmer climates to enjoy.
The Google Doodle was born in 1998 when the search engine founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin drew a stick figure behind the second `o` of Google. It was a message that they were out of office at the Burning Man festival.
The company has since decorated the logo to mark cultural moments.
- Major General dismissed for sexual harassment
- Massive cyberattack; List of affected websites
- Issues that will be discussed during Jayashankar’s visit
- Gibraltar rejects US request
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Marium, a lovely animal dies after eating plastic
- New Indonesian capital to be in Jungle?
- How to cook meat faster
- Tourists unhappy over Teknaf`s odor-pollution
- Fatima: The Wonder Lady!
- Rail links with Khulna snapped
- Maududist modern era devil: Agriculture Minister
- ‘Blood Bank of Kaliganj’ saved thousand lives
- ‘Mayaboti’ release date scheduled
- Dressing room rift misinterpreted in media: Mahmudullah
- Humayun for all-side interest on rawhide issue
- Tannery owners to buy rawhide form tomorrow
- JKS for transport workers’ fixed work hrs rein road accident
- How long should Kashmiris wait for peace?
- JnU’s Olympiad winner dies
- Day laborer Dalip Singh became ‘Great Khali’
- Shirin Sharmin to join South Asian Speakers’ Summit
- 1 day after buying bike, youth killed in accident
- Happy birthday Mia Bhai
- Serious health risk in handling taka: research reveals
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Cumilla road crash: 6 of a family among deceased
- Jumps from boat get a divorce!
- DMP files 4,780 cases over traffic violations
- All News »
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- 60pc animal waste of Capital disposed
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- Removal of animal wastes almost completed: DSCC Mayor
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- Keep environment clean to prevent dengue: President
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- 63 Bangladeshi Hajj pilgrims died in Saudi Arabia
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- Last Hajj ritual heralds Eid Al-Azha
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- Flood victims to get 24,000 houses
- `Our prayer for abolition of evil power`
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future
- 8 births recorded during Hajj 2019
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- Kashmir outposts divided over status change
- 2 dead, 3 missing after boat sinks in Jamuna