Google celebrates International Women’s Day with doodle
Published: 12:18 PM, 8 March 2020
Google brought change in its logo on Intl Women`s Day
Search engine giant Google has created a new Doodle on its homepage celebrating International Women's Day on Sunday.
Bangladesh is celebrating International Women's Day with the rest of the world, highlighting the equality of women in every sector.
This year’s theme is ‘I am Generation Equality: Realizing Women's Rights’.
The theme is aligned with the United Nations Women’s new multigenerational campaign, Generation Equality, which marks the 25th anniversary of the Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action.
The Generation Equality campaign has brought together people of every gender, age, ethnicity, race, religion and country, to drive actions that will create the gender-equal world we all deserve.
According to UN, the year 2020 is a pivotal year for advancing gender equality worldwide and it marks several other galvanizing moments in the gender equality movement: a five-year milestone towards achieving the Sustainable Development Goals.
UN says the year 2020 represents an unmissable opportunity to mobilize global action to achieve gender equality and human rights of all women and girls.
Marking the day, Google created a video featuring women’s equality, positions in all professions.
- Newborn contracts coronavirus in Chattogram
- Trump signs executive order targeting social media
- Two brothers killed in Naogaon`s truck accident
- 5 doctors tested coronavirus positive in CoMCH
- 26 more contracted coronavirus in Faridpur
- Khulna starts ‘Plasma Therapy’ experimental treatment
- Riyad apologizes to all
- Police recovered hanging body in Khulna
- Take a view of heart disease symptoms to reduce death risk
- No COVID-19 test in BITID for 3 days
- Happy birthday ‘Legendary Actor’ Humayun Faridi
- Mahathir expelled from party
- France further eases lockdown
- World’s oldest man dies at 112
- Another died of COVID-19 in Rangpur
- Chattogram reports 229 more COVID-19 cases
- Bus owners set to meet BRTA-Police today
- Coronavirus death toll tops 362,000
- Sunamganj records 18 fresh COVID-19 cases
- Coronavirus: India surpasses China in terms of deaths
- 26 Bangladeshis shot dead in Libya
- Eight trains to resume from May 31
- Iran reopens borders with Turkey and Iraq
- 7 Afghan security personnel killed in Taliban attack
- Trump planing to sell arms to Saudi again
- COVID-19 recovered journo wants to donate plasma
- 17 more infected in Thakurgaon
- More than 359,000 lose lives by COVID-19 globally
- Gazipur records 61 cases in a day
- Mysterious ‘Jewish Club’ in Dhaka
- All News »
- Pak model Zara Abid feared dead in plane crash
- Noble got married for 3rd time seven months ago!
- 1694 infected in 24hrs, 24 more dead
- Death toll in Pakistan plane crash hits 66
- Thousands offer Eid prayers in knee-deep water
- 1532 new infected in 24 hrs, 28 die
- Dhaka’s air quality good today
- Three killed as microbus falls into Munshiganj ditch
- Popular model dead in Pakistan plane crash
- Noble faces RAB interrogation
- PIA flight with 98 passengers crashes in Pakistan
- Apurba and Tisha ‘Missing’
- Highest 1,975 COVID-19 cases in a day, 21 die
- Fire at United Hospital: 5 COVID-19 patients die
- Shokh herself reveals mystery of 2nd marriage?
- Offices resume from May 31
- 20 die in 24 hrs, 1873 new infected
- Japanese wrestler Hana Kimura dies
- Khashoggi’s sons forgive their father’s killers
- 22 die, 1541 infected in last 24 hours
- Coronavirus cases in country exceed 30,000
- Saudi among 3 countries announces Eid-ul-Fitr on Sunday
- It was a horrible night: Rukmini
- Coronavirus death toll rises to 342,396 globally
- Wuhan lab had three live bat coronaviruses
- Power bill deadline extended
- What to do if you miss the Eid prayer
- Statue in the name of Allah-Muhammad (PBUH)
- Eid-ul-Fitr to be celebrated tomorrow
- Over 2000 infected in 24 hours, 15 dead