Gold, Diamond, Silver gets validation in fair
Published: 04:59 PM, 23 June 2019 Updated: 09:18 PM, 23 June 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Gold fairs have been organized for the first time in the country. Gold traders are being given opportunity to validate their illegal gold by paying Tk 1000 as tax money per ‘Vori’ (11.664 gram). In the fair, diamond and silver traders are also allowed to declare and validate diamond and silvers after tax pay.
On Sunday, the fair was inaugurated at Hotel Intercontinental in the capital. Bangladesh Jewelers Association (BAJUS) and National Board of Revenue (NBR) jointly organized the fair.
Regarding the fair, Bazus General Secretary Dilip Kumar Agarwal said that traders through the gold fairs are going to get rid of long-standing slander. Gold fair is being held on that day, what the establishment anniversary of independence leader Awami League. On that day the gold traders will be released from their slander against them. They also get the freedom of business.
He said, “There are 20 booths in the fair. In the meantime, the basic bank and Sonali Bank have separate booths for taxation. In this, gold traders will only declare their gold after paying taxes. There will be no gold buy or sell in the fair.”
Apart from the gold traders, diamond and silver traders will also be able to pay taxes against their hidden diamond and silvers. To validate gold and gold made ornaments, tax of Tk 1000 have to be paid per Vori (11.664 gram) while Tk 6,000 for each caret cut and polished diamonds and Tk 50 per Vori of silver.
Gold fairs to be organized in eight divisions of the country including the capital. The fair will be held from June 23 to 25 in Dhaka and Chittagong and on June 24 in Rajshahi, Khulna, Sylhet, Rangpur, Mymensingh and Barisal division.
- Third prime accused Rishan Farazi held
- Hearing on writ challenges rickshaw ban today
- Writ filed seeking compensation of Tk 1cr for victim
- PM inaugurates ‘National Fisheries Week-2019’
- Water level of Jamuna rises, 50 villages flooded
- Elon Musk wants to merge human brains with AI
- New EvilGnome Backdoor Spies on Linux Users, Steals Their Files
- Message in a bottle written 50 yrs ago found in Australia
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- Ershad wasn`t just my brother but teacher: GM Quader
- Old Dhaka building collapse: Father-Son’s bodies recovered
- Inzamam to step down as Pakistan chief selector
- Modeling early meteorite impacts on the moon
- Did Leonardo da Vinci have ADHD?
- ‘I am innocent’; claimed ex-OC Moazzem
- Kholi losing captaincy!
- 20 thou people victim in Patgram road collapse
- ICC breakes silence over overthrow controversy
- 100pc pass in Adamjee College
- PM urges PGR for highest professional sacrifice
- Saudi stops drone thrown by Yemeni rebels
- HSC examinee suicide crushed under train
- First child born in `Madina`
- ‘My Masud appointed as Police’
- Sadarghat building collapse: Father-Son missing
- Boys in GPA 5, girls ahead in pass rate
- Chattogram range`s best OC Jahidul Kabir
- Quatar WC qualifiers: Bangladesh in Group E
- Nusrat got ‘A’ grade but fail!
- Ex-Songazi OC Moazzem indicted
- All News »
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Happy Birthday Purnima
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- HM Ershad passes away
- Two siblings drown in Shariatpur pond
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Ishana announced to leave media after getting married
- NZ to face England in 12th ICC World Cup final
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Queen Maxima and banking for the grassroots!
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- Rifat murder: Another one detained
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- Rail link with Rajshahi snapped
- Barcelona sign Atletico Madrid forward Griezmann
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- 8 detained for ‘spreading rumor’ over Padma Bridge
- Flood situation worsened in Lalmonirhat
- Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque
- Senior sports journalist Ajay Barua dies
- Mango-laden truck falls into ditch, kills 2
- Torrential rain marooned 30,000 people in Bandarban
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Drug trader killed in Teknaf gunfight
- England face Australia in high-voltage semis today
- Bangladesh makes significant stride in poverty reduction: UN