Dhaka Metropolitan Awami League Council’19
Get about newly elected Metropolitan AL leaders
Published: 04:56 PM, 30 November 2019 Updated: 09:15 PM, 30 November 2019
Sheikh Bazlur Rahman and SM Mannan Kochi have been elected President and General Secretary of Dhaka Metropolitan North Awami League respectively while Abu Ahmed Mannafi and Humayun Kabir have been elected the President and General Secretary respectively for the newly formed metropolitan south committee of the ruling party.
In the second session of the council, Awami League general secretary and minister for finance minister Obaidul Quader announced the names of the president and general secretary of the Dhaka Metropolitan Awami League at the Engineer's Institution in the capital on Saturday. Earlier, the first session started at 9 am in the Suhrawardy Udyan.
A total of 15 names were proposed for the post of president. Of these, seven for the north of Dhaka metropolitan north committee, and eight for the south. And 22 names were proposed for the general secretary post. Of them, 9 names were proposed for the metropolitan North committee and 13 for the South.
Details of Dhaka Metropolitan North President and General Secretary:
Bazlul Rahman was the senior vice-president of the Dhaka Metropolitan North Awami League. Sheikh Bazlur Rahman was injured in a grenade attack on 21st August 2004. He was the Vice-President of undivided Dhaka Metropolitan Awami League, Joint General Secretary, and Organizational Secretary. He also served as founding secretary of Mohammadpur Thana Awami League, ward councilor and general secretary of ward no. 46 (now 33).
SM Mannan Kochi was the No.1 joint general secretary of Dhaka Metropolitan North Awami League. He served as Vice-President and General Secretary of the undivided Dhaka Metropolitan Chhatra League. He served as the president of Greater Mirpur Thana (1983-1984). SM Mannan Kochi served as the executive member of Dhaka Metropolitan Awami League (1997) and secretary of relief and rehabilitation (2002).
Details of the President and General Secretary of Dhaka Metropolitan South Awami League:
Abu Ahmed Mannafi the previous senior vice-president of Dhaka Metropolitan South Awami League started his politics as the Wari Union Awami League general secretary in 1967. He met Bangabandhu during the public rally in the wake of communal riots. Freedom fighter Abu Ahmed Mannafi participated in the War of Liberation in Sector 3 in 1971. He has been serving as the general secretary of the Sutrapur thana Awami League since 1992 and later as the president.
Humayun Kabir the previous Vice-President of Dhaka Metropolitan South Awami League was the Grater Lalbag Thana Awami League general secretary from 1992-2016. In addition, he has served as the ward councilor of ward no. 59 for two terms (1994-2002, 2002-2011) and serving as the ward councilor of ward No. 23 from 2015.
At this time, Awami League joint general secretary Mahbub-ul Alam Hanif, Advocate Jahangir Kabir Nanak, Abdur Rahman, organizing secretary Ahmed Hossain and BM Mozammel Haque were present.
- Bangladesh gear up for Test series in Pakistan
- Axiata appoints new deputy group CEO
- Yuvraj, Wasim to join Australia bushfire relief match
- Month of Jamadi-us-Sani begins tomorrow
- Petition filed seeking cancellation of Tabith Awal’s candidature
- One killed in Panchagarh clash
- Unexploded mortar shell recovered in Cumilla
- Common people’s uplift is prerequisite to country’s development: PM
- Businessman electrocuted in Trishal
- 3 held in anti-narcotic drive in capital
- Shakib-Apu to pair again!
- Body found at chicken farm in Bogura
- ‘Marketing Cup’ to commemorate Birth Centenary of Bangabandhu
- Unidentified body found in Cumilla
- 48 No Ward AL rebel candidate fired
- Housewife commits suicide in Pirojpur
- Call 999 while police harass: IGP
- Tigers to back a day earlier
- Zaheer Khan to be awarded Padma Shri
- Evaly becomes billionaire cheating with customers
- Student killed in Mymensingh road crash
- Action will be taken over clash in election campaign
- Tigers upbeat to avoid humiliating whitewash
- Satkhira pride schoolgirl committed suicide
- Meeting over China-Bangladesh travel ban Tuesday
- China stuck in Medical equipment crisis!
- Bangladesh to host Zimbabwe in Feb for full series
- No barrier to voting in EVMs: HC
- Problems need to be solved by planning: Tajul
- Iran executes ‘crocodile’
- All News »
- Rapists cheer on Facebook Live after rape in Gazipur
- Cox’s Bazar-St. Martin ship to be launched February
- 5,000 students get scholarship of Jahangir Alam Foundation
- China virus deaths rise to 17, heightening global alarm
- High levels of Uranium found in Cox’s Bazar
- ICJ orders Myanmar to protect Rohingya, to preserve evidence
- Actress Ishrat Nishat passes away
- Coronavirus: Everything you need to know
- Man suicides killing 4 in Maulvibazar: Story revealed
- Coronavirus: 11 under observation in India, Bangladesh on alert
- Ijtema ends seeking global peace, unity
- Two siblings among 3 electrocuted in Hazaribagh
- Record: Trump tweets, retweets 125 times in a day
- Gabtoli turmoil after throwing eggs
- Bride’s mother elopes with groom’s father
- Bangladesh enters e-Passport era
- Bangladesh meet Burundi in semifinal today
- ‘Dil Toh Happy Hai Ji’ actress Sejal Sharma commits suicide
- World court’s four orders against Myanmar
- Coronavirus death toll jumps to 25 with 830 cases: govt
- Ronaldo makes accidental kiss to Dybala
- E-passport to be launched today
- E-passport is a ‘Mujib Barsho’ gift for nation: PM
- Harry, Meghan to give up royal titles
- Comilla University’s 1st convocation Monday
- Fourth person has died from new virus: China
- Court orders to publish ads asking SK Sinha, 10 others to appear
- Rohingya killing resumed defying ICJ order
- Wife receives husband with ‘Milk-bath’ for divorce!
- Over 100 killed in Yemen missile, drone attack