Gazipur freed today
Published: 09:25 AM, 15 December 2019 Updated: 09:25 AM, 15 December 2019
Today, December 15 is Gazipur free day. On this day, Gazipur was freed defeating Pakistani invaders in Choydana Maleker Bari area.
On that day, a large number of allied and liberation forces fought led by Freedom fighter Kazi Mozammel Haque against the Pakistani occupation forces in the Choydana areas in Gazipur . It destroyed heavy weapons and vehicles of the Pak army and killed many soldiers.
On the occasion of the day, the district freedom fighter command and district administration took various programs.
The looming catastrophe and casualties of the occupying Pak forces at the end of the war in Gazipur near Dhaka accelerated their downfall and surrender. Gazipur residents have a glorious role in the war of independence.
Before the final liberation war began on March 16, the first armed struggle against Pakistani forces took place on the ground of Gazipur on March 19. At that time the slogan was raised all over the country, ‘Joydebpurer Path Dhoro, Bangladesh Swadhin Karo’ ('Take the path of Joydebpur, make Bangladesh independent'). The last major victory of liberation and allied forces against the invading Pak army also took place on the ground of this Gazipur on December 15, just before the victory.
Section commander and vice-president of Gazipur Metropolitan Awami League, freedom fighter Alim Uddin Buddin, said that the immense catastrophe and casualties of the occupying Pak forces in Gazipur near Dhaka accelerated their downfall and surrender.
Freedom fighter Hatem Ali said Gazipur was liberated by the evening of December 15. Later in the night, people cheered and entered the city. Four of the Allied forces were martyred during the Choydana War.
- 1 arrested with Yaba-heroin in Mohadevpur
- Man gets death for killing wife in Kushtia
- Salma to lead Tigress in T20I World Cup
- BGB deployed around city polls
- India wins T20I series in Super Over
- 45 student get GPA-5 reviewing in Sylhet board
- Apps-rider demand extra fare like CNG
- Drug paddler caught in DB trap
- PM urges dev partners to trim down conditions
- ‘No difficulty in Padma Bridge for coronavirus’
- Youth held for selling fake question paper in Lalmonirhat
- Appoint doctors in prison hospital’s vacant posts: HC
- Taposh’s manifesto promises to build modern Dhaka
- Moyna; a brave woman entrepreneur
- Mymensingh farmers busy cultivating Boro paddy
- Jet evacuates Americans from China
- New route being built on Dhaka to Ctg-Sylhet
- Shah Rukh Khan’s cousin Noor Jehan dies of cancer
- Japanese brings back 206 evacuees from Wuhan
- UAE confirms first coronavirus cases
- ‘Deal of the Century’ best betrayal of century: Iran
- Question leaker held in capital
- ‘Bollywood does not need international audiences’
- US dropped record number of bombs in Afghanistan
- Robbing with law enforcers identity, 3 detained
- Severe floods in Brazil leave 52 dead
- 7.7 quake hits Caribbean, Tsunami warning issued
- Jamal Bhuyan stood by the cold affecteds on street
- Kobe Bryant’s body among 3 identified
- 67 foreign observers in city polls
- All News »
- Rapists cheer on Facebook Live after rape in Gazipur
- 5,000 students get scholarship of Jahangir Alam Foundation
- China virus deaths rise to 17, heightening global alarm
- High levels of Uranium found in Cox’s Bazar
- Coronavirus: 11 under observation in India, Bangladesh on alert
- ‘Dil Toh Happy Hai Ji’ actress Sejal Sharma commits suicide
- ICJ orders Myanmar to protect Rohingya, to preserve evidence
- Rohingya killing resumed defying ICJ order
- Record: Trump tweets, retweets 125 times in a day
- Cox’s Bazar-St. Martin fare Tk 15,000!
- Comilla University’s 1st convocation Monday
- Coronavirus death toll jumps to 25 with 830 cases: govt
- Two siblings among 3 electrocuted in Hazaribagh
- Bangladesh enters e-Passport era
- World court’s four orders against Myanmar
- Bangladesh meet Burundi in semifinal today
- Basketball legend Kobe Bryant dies in helicopter crash
- Coronavirus death toll climbs to 106
- Coronavirus infected identified in Israel
- Tambadu: The man who stands beside distress Rohingya
- Evaly accused of cheating over online offers
- ‘Jamalpur Express’ to be launched tomorrow
- E-passport is a ‘Mujib Barsho’ gift for nation: PM
- E-passport to be launched today
- Court orders to publish ads asking SK Sinha, 10 others to appear
- 3 US crew killed in Australia firefighting plane crash
- 2 Bangladeshis receive Padma Bhushan, Padma Shri awards in India
- China lies over coronavirus infected, it topped .9 million!
- Bangladesh meet Pakistan in 3rd T20 today
- ‘Coronavirus will not enter Bangladesh’