Gas cylinder explosion, 9 of a family burnt...

Dhaka, Wednesday   25 November 2020

Gas cylinder explosion, 9 of a family burnt

 Kishoreganj Correspondent daily-bangladesh.com

 Published: 06:20 PM, 24 October 2020   Updated: 08:02 PM, 24 October 2020

Representational Photo

Representational Photo

Nine members of the same family, including a child, have been burnt in an explosion due to leakage of a gas cylinder at Mithamain in Kishoreganj.

The condition of four of them is critical.

The incident took place at Hajipara in Katkhal UP on Saturday noon. It is learned that the incident took place during cooking.

The victims were identified as Kamal Mia, his wife Sipai Nesha, two sons Kamal Mia and Anwar, daughter Taslima, two grandchildren Umme Habiba and Umme Hani and their relatives Parveen and Juena.

Witness Katkhal High School president Shamsul Haque Rana said there was a leak in the gas cylinder pipe in the house of Abdus Salam in Hajipur village. Gas had already spread through that hole throughout the house. Salam's wife Sipai Nesha could not light the stove while cooking. At that time, when they went to light the stove with fire from outside, the fire spread in the whole house. They were burnt in this fire. Later, the locals went to the house and extinguished the fire and sent the burn victims to Zahurul Islam Medical College Hospital in Bajitpur.

Katkhal police investigation center in charge Md Masud Mia said four of the nine burn victims were in critical condition. They were sent to Zahurul Islam Medical College Hospital in Bajitpur.

He added that the incident took place due to ignorance in the use of gas. The plastic pipe from the cylinder went into the oven. Many people do not notice whether there is any problem in it or not. So today nine have been burnt.
 

DailyBangladesh/EKD