After report published on ‘Daily Bangladesh’
Garbage stack removed from Habiganj hospital gate
Published: 04:08 PM, 27 February 2020
Habiganj municipal authorities have paid heed after news published on the popular online news portal 'Daily Bangladesh' about the stinking garbage stack in front of the hospital’s main gate. The dirt stack in front of the main gate of the District Modern Sadar Hospital has been removed within a day of the news release.
Habiganj municipal authorities were seen removing the trash by the dirt car on Thursday afternoon. This has brought relief to the public.
Modern Sadar Hospital is the only place of medication for more than two million people in the district. An average of 300 patients receives medical care at the hospital every day.
The ill-smell created from the stacked dirt in the front of the hospital’s main gate has been spreading in the surrounding areas for a long time.
On February 25, a news was published on 'Daily Bangladesh' news portal. A day after the news was published, municipal authorities cleared the piles of dirt.
Expressing relief over this, local trader Rubel Ahmed and Sueb Thakur said, I do business at the main gate of the hospital. We have to drive through this place every day.
The municipal authorities did not remove the pile of dirt for a long time. Eventually, the masses get relief from the dirt after its removal.
Mayor Mizanur Rahman Mizan said the municipal authorities are trying their best to keep the municipal area green and clean. So I am aware of this. There is no lack of the cleanliness drive. Cleaning operations will be carried out daily.
- Youth slaughtered on his way home in Jashore
- Charles says pandemic is strange, frustrating and distressing
- Two drug dealers killed in Naogaon gunfight
- Former land minister Shamsur Rahman dies
- Jubo League leader shot dead in Kaptai
- Coronavirus test facilities in 5 hospitals
- Coronavirus claims 923 lives in Spain in a day
- Coronavirus test in Rangpur Medical begins
- Wimbledon cancelled for first time since World War II
- Israeli health minister, wife contract COVID-19
- US coronavirus cases surpass 200,000, records deaths in a day
- Coronavirus: Death toll exceeds 47,000; infection over .9 million
- Army to go tough from today
- RPMP Police launches home delivery service
- Coronavirus death toll surpasses 45,500
- Fake police caught demanding extortion
- Ctg woman who died in isolation ward tested negative for Covid-19
- 18 houses burnt in 20 minutes at Rohingya camp
- All courts to remain closed in 2nd phase holidays
- 4 woman killed in NY building fire
- Champions League suspended indefinitely
- Coronavirus infected woman journo shares 13 new symptoms
- Teenager dies in Bogura isolation
- Govt urges not to heed to rumors ‘If fever, police will take up’
- Helicopter`s door fallen down to house
- Masks, hand gloves increase coronavirus risks
- Housewife commits suicide in Bagerhat
- Dhaka returnee youth dies, no one went near fearing corona
- 2 die in DMCH isolation ward
- Dhaka-Ctg-Cox’s Bazar train by 2023
- All News »
- Coronavirus hospital to be built in Dhaka like China
- School holiday draws to Eid
- 54 buildings of Mohammadpur under police surveillance
- Actor Kazi Maruf, his wife infected with coronavirus
- British PM Boris Johnson infected with coronavirus
- British health secy Hancock test coronavirus positive
- Lawsuit filed against China for coronavirus outbreak
- Alibaba donates Bangladesh 30,000 Covid-19 testing kits
- US actor dies from coronavirus
- AC land Sayma Hasan withdrawn
- BD made ‘Spondon’ to save the life of critical patients
- German minister commits suicide over ‘corona crisis worries’
- Coronavirus measures could cause global food shortage, UN warns
- 15 of 48 corona patient recovered in Bangladesh; No new case
- Spain virus death toll tops 4,000
- Corona death mounts to 33,976, infected over .72m
- Malaysia’s King and Queen in quarantine
- Cat found infected with coronavirus in Belgium
- First royal dies of coronavirus
- Lessons for secondary level students begins on Sangsad TV
- Corona death surpasses 24000 (update list)
- Dogs will detect Covid-19!
- Coronavirus death toll surges 21,000
- BGMEA decides to close all factories
- DSCC to provide one-month meal for 50,000 homeless
- England plans to return field by early May
- Security tightens in Dhaka street, police-army on field
- 101 yrs old Italian leaves hospital after healing from covid-19
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 51
- Padma Bridge’s last pillar work completed