GM Quader appointed JaPa chairman
Published: 02:10 PM, 18 July 2019 Updated: 02:17 PM, 18 July 2019
GM Quader, younger brother of late Hussain Muhammad Ershad, has been made Chairman of Jatiya Party, the opposition party in parliament.
Party's Secretary-General Md Mashiur Rahaman Ranga confirmed the information at a press conference at JaPa chairman's Banani office in the capital on Thursday noon.
Earlier in May, Ershad appointed Quader as the party acting chairman as he cannot carry out party activities due to his illness.
Hussain Muhammad Ershad passed away at Combined Military Hospital (CMH) in Dhaka on Sunday at the age of 89.
According to the party constitution, the acting chairman will be officially made the chairman of Jatiya Party if the party chief passes away.
- UAE woman seeks divorce for loving her too much!
- 3 including mother-son killed in Faridpur road crash
- 8 kills as bus falls into ditch breaking bridge railing
- Road fill with holes!
- Sylhet Sixers’ payment dispute with BCB solved
- 185 killed in 135 road crash during Eid holidays
- Modi to receive ‘Order of Zayed’
- Sri Lanka 244 all out in 1st innings
- Pori Moni spreads warmth in dawn’s avatar
- Magura police explained ban on shaggy style haircutting
- SAFF U-15 Championship: Bangladesh take on SL
- 4 Bangladeshis killed in Medina road crash
- Two RAB ASPs promoted as Addl SP
- Dengue claims minor child in M’singh
- Baby alive though trains passed over!
- Bus falls into ditch breaking bridge railing, kills 6
- Mim offers night call over phone
- Why is part of the Amazon burning?
- Father kills son in Sherpur
- Youth stabbed dead resisting rape; Criminal lynched
- T-Aman paddy farming progressing fast in Gaibandha
- Kashmir: How living people in strict lockdown
- India’s ex-Finance Minister Arun Jaitley dies
- Rain likely at many places
- President, PM pay tributes to Muzaffar Ahmed
- Color responsible for your sleep deprivation?
- Tisha in relation; actress says ‘best friend’
- 2 Rohingyas, suspects in JL leader murder, killed in gunfight
- Walking beyond political obstacles, challenges
- President, PM mourns death of Prof Muzaffar Ahmed
- All News »
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- Yarsagumba: World’s most expensive medicinal fungus
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- Amazon: lungs of the planet
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Bollywood hot cake Sunny Leone now in Dhallywood
- PM receives Modi’s invitation letter
- Apu Biswas comebacks
- DU increases registration time for 52nd convocation
- Medical admission test on Oct 4
- App launches to prevent dengue
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Razia Sultana: First lady ruler in India
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- All you need to know about Islamic New Year
- PEC exam schedule published
- 21st August: 15 yrs of bloody chapter
- Champions League qualifying match tonight
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- A new milestone for Purnima
- 9th wage board: Hearing on state appeal ends
- New journey of Ranu Pagli !
- Govt to recruit 61 thousand primary teacher
- Daily ‘polypill’ reduces heart disease, stroke: study
- Elnaaz Norouzi: Iranian actress storms over social media
- ‘National School Meal Act-2019’ draft approves
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Srijit a very good friend of mine: Mithila
- Hardware security keys for Two-Factor Authentication!