GM Quader JP Chair, LOP Rowshan
Published: 12:43 PM, 8 September 2019 Updated: 02:42 PM, 8 September 2019
Jatiya Party Secretary General Mashiur Rahman Ranga said GM Quader is the party chairman. And Rowshan Ershad is the leader of the opposition (LOP) in the parliament.
He made this information at a briefing at the party's Banani office on Sunday morning.
However, no decision has yet been made on the Jatiya Party candidate for the by-election in Rangpur-3, he also informed.
Earlier, Debar-Bhabi held a meeting with the leaders of the two parties at the Cosmopolitan Club of Baridhara in the capital from 9pm to midnight on Saturday.
At the meeting, a dispute between the opposition party's deputy leader and the party's co-chairman, Rowshan Ershad, and party chairman GM Quader was reached to a decision. They came to an agreement that Raushan Ershad would be the Leader of the Opposition in Parliament and GM Kader would be the Chairman of the party and would be the Leader of the Opposition in Parliament.
GM Kader and Secretary-General Mosiur Rahman Rangan have been given the responsibility of deciding the candidate in the Rangpur-3 constituency. However, a Presidium member at the meeting told DailyBangladesh that the names of two people had been proposed as candidates. Saad Ershad, son of an Ershad-Rawshan couple, and Fakruzzaman Jahangir, president of JP’s Rangpur District committee. He is a member of the Presidium of JP and an industrialist. Earlier, however, he was defeated by Awami League's Ashikur Rahman from the Rangpur-5 twice. Earlier, the general secretary of Rangpur Metropolitan JP Yasir Ahmed was named in the party's candidate talks but later he was dropped.
The party's Presidium members Anisul Islam Mahmood, Fakhrul Imam, Mujibul Haque Chunnu, Selim Osman and SM Faisal Chishti were among the supporters of the Roshan Ershad. On the other hand, the leaders of the party were Kazi Feroz Rashid, Ziauddin Ahmed Bablu, Masud Uddin Chowdhury and Syed Abu Hossain Babla were also present in the setting.
- Make popcorn at home
- Woman teems 4 children at once
- Mentally disabled man memorizes entire Holy Quran
- ‘Enjoy rape in failure to prevent’
- Chris: World’s heaviest sheep ever
- Alia-Ranbir wedding card revealed!
- ‘Nagad’ account in 1 minute
- Govt incentive surges remittance flow
- Goat morsels plant: Youth killed in scuffle
- MPO Enroll: Priority given to remote areas’ insts
- 4 companies fined in Chandina market
- FICA supports players’ strike
- ECNEC clears 5 projects of Tk 4636.80 cr
- No ‘Classical Music Festival’ this year
- Asif plays villain in debut!
- 37th BCS Non-cadre result published
- OC dismissed for intercedes Razakar
- Sand imported from China instead of cotton
- No Salary for 27 months despite daily attendance Tk 60
- UK team meets DU VC
- Nusrat murder case verdict Oct 24
- Way to use body scrubber to get brighter skin
- NBR gets time to report on chemical testing unit
- 157 dead in Iraq protests: new official toll
- Bimal Biswas left WPB
- Hearing on Robi’s due appeal Thursday
- Cricketers’ movement unexpected: Papon
- Amitabh apologizes, storm on social media
- Banning unlicensed easybike-rickshaw in city
- Stop unhealthy race on roads: PM
- All News »
- Pooja Zunjar, new born baby die as family fails to get ambulance
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- JMI Hospital Requisite holds IPO road show
- Padma Bank Limited receive insurance cheque
- Now father allegedly kills child in Faridpur
- 3 women killed as truck hits human hauler
- Now PUBG bans in Bangladesh
- Jubo League age decision at Ganabhaban: Quader
- Brutal murder of child: Case filed against 10
- Typhoon Hagibis: Death toll rises to 68 in Japan
- Abrar murder chargesheet soon: HM
- PM urges UGC not to go beyond rules
- Sunny, Al Amin recalled for India T20 series
- Siddik has relations with multiple girls, alleges wife Mim
- New labor laws in Qatar benefiting migrant workers
- 35 pilgrims killed as bus crashes in Saudia Arabia
- Padma Bridge work progress 84 pc
- Gold bars worth Tk 6.5cr recovered in Shah Amanat
- DU ‘Ka’, ‘Cha’ unit admission test results tomorrow
- Johnson sends unsigned letter to EU for Brexit delay
- Japan keen to expand existing bilateral ties: Envoy
- 2 pedestrians die after being hit by bus
- T20 World Cup Qualifier begins today
- ‘Kathin Chibar Dan’ being celebrated
- BUET students’ call off protests
- 9 addl judges appointed to HC
- City Bank MD alleged for sexual assault
- DU ‘A’ unit admission test result postponed
- Sabila Nur’s honeymoon preparation!
- ‘Kurigram Express’ to be launched today