GDP, per capita income increased: Finance Minister
Published: 04:44 PM, 19 March 2019 Updated: 09:46 PM, 19 March 2019
The country’s economy will grow by 8.13 percent in the current fiscal year (FY19) while the per capita income will reach US$1,909, said Finance Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal today.
The minister said this while briefing reporters after the day’s National Economic Council (NEC) meeting held at its conference room with Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in the chair. Planning Minister MA Mannan was present.
Referring to the provisional estimation of the Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics (BBS), Kamal said that the GDP growth rate is to reach 8.13 percent against 7.86 percent recorded in the last fiscal year.
He also said that the per capita income will increase to $1909 from $1751 in the last fiscal year.
The finance minister informed that the investment-GDP ratio in the current fiscal year is to reach 31.57 percent from 31.13 percent in the previous fiscal year.
Out of the total provisional investment-GDP ratio of 31.57 percent in the current year, the public investment ratio to GDP will rise to 8.17 percent while the private investment ratio to GDP will rise to 23.40 percent.
He said that the total size of the GDP in the current fiscal year will rise to Taka 25,36,177 crore from Taka 22,50,479 crore recorded in the last fiscal year.
The finance minister said that the areas of potentials are huge in the country, but many of those still remained unexplored. “We’ll have to explore those areas,”
Terming the private sector the ‘engine of growth’, Kamal said that they would give more incentives to the private sector to bring it more into the mainstream of the economy.
Mentioning that all the major macroeconomic indicators are now better, he said the rising trend of export earnings as we as inward remittance, increased investment as well as the growing size of the manufacturing sector have been helping in achieving this “eye-catching” growth.
The finance minister also expressed his high optimism about attaining double digit growth rate within the next four years.
According to the BBS provisional data, the growth of the agriculture sector in this year is going to reach 3.51 percent while the industry sector 13.02 percent and the services sector 6.50 percent.
Besides, the GNI in the current fiscal year will reach Taka 26,49,786 and the per capita GDP $1,827.
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- `There is a chance to joint invest in Bangladesh`
- BNP’s anarchy will not be tolerated: Hasan
- Sachin picks Shakib in his World Cup XI
- Zimbabwe inflation rate soars to 175%
- Train crash kills 9 with new weds
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- HC recommends punishment against 50 including Masud
- Zuma denies being `king of corrupt people`
- Nusrat murder: HC orders probe against ADM Enamul
- Shakib included in CWC19 best XI
- Fired DIG Mizan questioning at prison gate
- Primary students dropout rate decreased
- Jaffer, Ramanayeke as Tigers batting, bowling coach in SL tour
- Will be apologising to Williamson `For the rest of my life`
- Eid-ul-Azha advanced train ticket from Jul 29
- Partial lunar eclipse Wednesday
- New wave of cybercrime in Pakistan
- Accused stabbed dead by another in front of judge in court
- Non-government employees, slum dwellers to get flat: PM
- Temperature may rise over country
- PM opens 7 housing uplift schemes
- South Korean PM Lee leaves Dhaka
- Shah Rukh Khan to produce horror series for Netflix
- Russia`s Real Reasons for Partnering with Iran
- Sohel Rana speechless on Ershad’s death
- Ershad’s 2nd namaz-e-janaza held
- Pickup van hits covered van in Gazipur, kills 3
- Over 1,000 Google Play Store apps hiding a nasty secret
- Queen salutes England after World Cup glory
- All News »
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- MP Firoz Rashid’s daughter-in-law Merina shot
- New Zealand knock India out of World Cup
- 24 killed in Papua New Guinea tribal massacres
- Saima rape, murder: Prime accused confesses to crime
- Happy Birthday Purnima
- NBR to launch mobile app to increase taxpayers
- Two siblings drown in Shariatpur pond
- HM Ershad passes away
- ‘Cox’s Bazar losing ecological balance for Rohingyas’
- Merkel says `very well` despite third shaking spell
- NZ to face England in 12th ICC World Cup final
- China assures to work to resolve Rohingya crisis: PM
- Netherlands Queen Maxima due today
- Queen Maxima and banking for the grassroots!
- Rickshaw pullers block Dhaka streets protesting ban
- Six bodies found in Cox’s Bazar beach
- Ershad`s son Eric receives kidnap threat
- UN to pay Bangladesh Tk 500 cr due
- Rifat murder: Rifat Farazi in 7-day remand
- Ishana announced to leave media after getting married
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- Dutch Queen Maxima arrives
- Rifat murder: Another one detained
- CU gets its first woman proctor
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Sexual assault on Nusrat: charges to be formed Jul 17
- Kader Siddiqui quits Oikyafront
- Don’t publish deceptive information about milk: HC
- Rail link with Rajshahi snapped