GDP growth reaches 8.15pc
per capita income US$1909 in FY19
Published: 07:54 PM, 10 December 2019 Updated: 08:27 PM, 10 December 2019
Planning Minister MA Mannan said the economy of the country grew by a record 8.15 percent in the last fiscal year (FY19) while the per capita income reached US$1,909.
The minister said this while briefing reporters after the Executive Committee meeting of the National Economic Council (ECNEC) held at the NEC conference room with Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in the chair.
Mannan said as per the provisional estimation, the GDP growth rate was 8.13 percent in the last fiscal year and finally it reached 8.15 percent. The GDP growth rate in FY18 was 7.86 percent.
He also said that the per capita income stood at US$1,909 from US$1,751 in FY18.
According to the BBS, the GDP growth rate at constant prices in the Industry sector increased by 12.67 percent in the last fiscal year which was 12.06 percent in FY18.
In the services sector, the GDP growth rate increased by 6.78 percent in the last fiscal year while it was 6.39 percent in FY18.
In the agriculture sector, the GDP growth rate increased by 3.92 percent in the last fiscal year while it was 4.19 percent in FY18.
The total size of the GDP at current prices in the last fiscal year stood at Taka 25,424,82 crore up from Taka 22,50,479 crore recorded in the FY18.
The BBS data also showed that in the last fiscal year, the investment ratio to GDP stood at 31.57 percent which was 31.23 percent in FY18.
In the last fiscal year, the private investment ratio to GDP increased to 23.54 percent while the public investment ratio to GDP stood at 8.03 percent.
- Bangladesh gear up for Test series in Pakistan
- Axiata appoints new deputy group CEO
- Yuvraj, Wasim to join Australia bushfire relief match
- Month of Jamadi-us-Sani begins tomorrow
- Petition filed seeking cancellation of Tabith Awal’s candidature
- One killed in Panchagarh clash
- Unexploded mortar shell recovered in Cumilla
- Common people’s uplift is prerequisite to country’s development: PM
- Businessman electrocuted in Trishal
- 3 held in anti-narcotic drive in capital
- Shakib-Apu to pair again!
- Body found at chicken farm in Bogura
- ‘Marketing Cup’ to commemorate Birth Centenary of Bangabandhu
- Unidentified body found in Cumilla
- 48 No Ward AL rebel candidate fired
- Housewife commits suicide in Pirojpur
- Call 999 while police harass: IGP
- Tigers to back a day earlier
- Zaheer Khan to be awarded Padma Shri
- Evaly becomes billionaire cheating with customers
- Student killed in Mymensingh road crash
- Action will be taken over clash in election campaign
- Tigers upbeat to avoid humiliating whitewash
- Satkhira pride schoolgirl committed suicide
- Meeting over China-Bangladesh travel ban Tuesday
- China stuck in Medical equipment crisis!
- Bangladesh to host Zimbabwe in Feb for full series
- No barrier to voting in EVMs: HC
- Problems need to be solved by planning: Tajul
- Iran executes ‘crocodile’
- All News »
- Rapists cheer on Facebook Live after rape in Gazipur
- Cox’s Bazar-St. Martin ship to be launched February
- 5,000 students get scholarship of Jahangir Alam Foundation
- China virus deaths rise to 17, heightening global alarm
- High levels of Uranium found in Cox’s Bazar
- ICJ orders Myanmar to protect Rohingya, to preserve evidence
- Actress Ishrat Nishat passes away
- Coronavirus: Everything you need to know
- Man suicides killing 4 in Maulvibazar: Story revealed
- Coronavirus: 11 under observation in India, Bangladesh on alert
- Ijtema ends seeking global peace, unity
- Two siblings among 3 electrocuted in Hazaribagh
- Record: Trump tweets, retweets 125 times in a day
- Gabtoli turmoil after throwing eggs
- Bride’s mother elopes with groom’s father
- Bangladesh enters e-Passport era
- Bangladesh meet Burundi in semifinal today
- ‘Dil Toh Happy Hai Ji’ actress Sejal Sharma commits suicide
- World court’s four orders against Myanmar
- Coronavirus death toll jumps to 25 with 830 cases: govt
- Ronaldo makes accidental kiss to Dybala
- E-passport to be launched today
- E-passport is a ‘Mujib Barsho’ gift for nation: PM
- Harry, Meghan to give up royal titles
- Comilla University’s 1st convocation Monday
- Fourth person has died from new virus: China
- Court orders to publish ads asking SK Sinha, 10 others to appear
- Rohingya killing resumed defying ICJ order
- Wife receives husband with ‘Milk-bath’ for divorce!
- Over 100 killed in Yemen missile, drone attack