Frylinck destroyed Riders batting line up only 98!
Published: 02:16 PM, 5 January 2019 Updated: 02:16 PM, 5 January 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
The sixth edition of Bangladesh Premier League (BPL) T20 begins on Saturday. Defending champions Rangpur Riders meet Chittagong Vikings in the opening match of the tournament at the Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium in the capital’s Mirpur.
Vikings captain Mushfiqur Rahim won the toss and decided to bowl first. The match was kick off at 12:30 pm.
Up to this report, Rangpur Riders collected 98 runs with all out in 19.5 overs.
At the beginnig of the Rangpur innings, the Vikings literally destroyed the batting the line-up of defending champins.
Rangpur Riders lost two wickets at second over. After that, they lost one after another wickets. No batsman from Riders could stand up against Vikings bowling. Only, Ravi Bopara is fought alone for the team.
South African seamers Robbie Frylinck started destroying the Riders' batting line up with the wicket of Alex Hales in the first bowl of the first over. After then, he got Mehedi Maruf, Mohammad Mithun, Sohag Gazi.
From Mehedi Maruf to Hales, Rossouw even captain Masrafe Bin Mortaza failed to score big for Rangpur riders. Only Ravi Bopara helps to increase the runs. He scored 44 runs off 47 balls (4*3, 6*1).
Apart from Bopara, Sohug Gazi scored runs. He scored 21 off 17 (4*3).
And as for Chittagong Vikings, Nayeem Islam and Abu Jayed got two wickets each. Khaled Ahmed took one wicket.
And, Abu Jayed and Khaled Ahmed took one wicket each.
Rangpur Riders: Ravi Bopara 44 off 47 (4*3, 6*1), Sohug Gazi 21 off 17 (4*3).
Chittagong Vikings: Robbie Frylinck 14-4, Abu jayed 30-2, Nayeem Hasan 10-2, Khaled Ahmed 15-1.
- Ex-hockey captain Ibrahim Saber passes away
- Bangladeshis stuck off Tunisia disembark
- Naogaon youth admits to raping girl after killing her mother
- 3 twin sisters of Mymensingh rescued
- UN expert blames Saudi for Khasuggi Killing
- 4 charged with murder over downing of MH17
- Bangladesh made fastest growth in Asia-Pacific region
- Use your phone as a robot to avoid boring work !
- Dhaka Abahani thrash Manang Marshyangdhi 5-0
- Monkeys face climate change extinction threat
- Dubai’s Quranic Park landscape to express story of Islam!
- PCB to review cricket side, support personnel`s performance
- Upbeat Tigers take on Australia tomorrow
- SC upholds HC order on minimum age for FF
- UNO to get Pajero worth Tk 90 lakh
- Bangladesh sets global model in cutting poverty says PM in JS
- World No Tobacco Day tomorrow
- New Zealand restrict South Africa to 241
- Colorful pictures emblazon schools environment
- Govt will identify 30 lakh martyrs: PM
- Hilsa’s abundance in Padma-Meghna
- Quader asks to form new committees before national council
- 108th birth anniversary of poet Sufia Kamal tomorrow
- India opener Dhawan out of World Cup
- Govt to introduce health insurance for all: PM
- Jubo League leader stabbed dead in Madaripur
- Dr Nurun Nahar made IU law dept chairperson
- Navy Chief returns home
- Selima,Tuku in BNP’s standing committee
- ‘BD hosting 1.2 mn Rohingyas refugees from Myanmar’
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Australia beat Pakistan by 41 runs
- Mila’s assistant threw acid at Sanjari’s private parts!
- Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- 8 children injured as ceiling of hospital caves in
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- BGB man killed by lightning strike
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- England wins beating Windies
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held
- 2 students killed in Pabna road crash
- Tigers won toss, bowl first
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- Bangladesh informs UN about Myanmar’s non-cooperation
- Facing measles outbreaks, NY bans religious vaccination exemption
- Gayle falls for duck!
- Most-detailed-ever; black hole mystery disclosure
- Caribbeans set 322-run target for Tigers
- England beat Afghanistan by 150 runs
- Cop sues wife on charge of torture for dowry